What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100% Official Griffin for the next 2 years

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I hope I will be saying this this time next year (Im sure I will) but lets get behind Griffin and start our journey back up to where we belong.....not for just the team but for all us supporters that have had to endure years and years of mediocricy....Im not inexperienced enough to think results are going to happen overnight because they wont...but for mine the appointment of Griffin is a huge step in the right direction

franklin2323

Immortal
He will get you guys in the finals probably not much further but will set up for the next guy when the board wants more.

He will get the guys fit. Do the basics right and play the kids ( which you guys should do more)

All in all decent enough signing especially without Gus to get in the way

redVinme

Juniors
Hook can get us to finals and then Dean can come in and send us back to 15th. I havent seen a shred of a first grade coach in him based on experience or success. Even on nrl 360 they said he did pretty good for a couple of weeks then the "team" did poorly and was inconsistent.

How about lost to two plodder teams and only just beat a 3rd..

f**k off to another team and prove You belong.

Hook first up needs a strong attacking coach as assistant first and foremost.

Not a bloke in charge of the 15th best defence last Year

qld redvee

Juniors
lets hope that hook has been looking at the roster while he has been interviewed we ( he) needs to identify the players that are not wanted whilst targetting those that can add value to the current team . I would like to think griffin will look at moving cam back to hooker and hunt back to the halves and rebuild the forwards with a quality prop ( with attitude) and a replacement for frizzell Main thing is we need cc cup back next year so the whole squad gets game time Be interesting to see the backroom changes - i wonder if our meditation guy is feeling on shaky ground

The_Frog

First Grade
If he's anything like he was at our place, the first thing he'll do is get the team supremely fit, so that they're not surrendering leads late in games. Then he'll look at the junior setup. You've got a good enough roster to make the finals next year.

Smug Panther

First Grade
If he's anything like he was at our place, the first thing he'll do is get the team supremely fit, so that they're not surrendering leads late in games. Then he'll look at the junior setup. You've got a good enough roster to make the finals next year.
Griffin took credit for a lot of work with our juniors that he simply had nothing to do with. His interview on NRL 360 after getting sacked was pathetic. Yes he will get them very fit though

boardlumps62

Juniors
A sensible appointment, probably the best coach available on the market. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do with some of the young players coming through.

It’s a real positive that he’s worked with Young and they have a working relationship from Tonga. Griffin speaks highly of Young and vice versa. Its refreshing to know that they can just get cracking pretty much immediately, unlike the sh*t fight happening at the Dogs.

To the people expecting a top 8 side and massive recruitment drive next year, I think you’re misguided, if not delusional. Of course we will look to strengthen in some areas, but we shouldn’t be desperate and we shouldn’t sign players at the detriment of some of our younger guys.

There’s no chance of another side picking up Norman or either of the Sims boys for next year (Even if half the members of the forum think we can just release them), so Griffin needs patience - Hopefully over the next 2 years we can see a side that’s becoming a real force, even If it’s not straight away or even in his first season.
Will Deano be assistant to Hook?

Crush

Coach
Seems like a sensible choice.

has runs on the board and is an outsider.

thank god not another rookie coach

me thinks someone high up from St George has been reading this forum.

If someone high up is reading this post...please f**k NORMAN OFF RIGHT NOW!!!
I think the club are looking to offload Norman to the Sharks. And I'm not talking about the NRL team.....