What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100% Official Griffin for the next 2 years

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
If he's anything like he was at our place, the first thing he'll do is get the team supremely fit, so that they're not surrendering leads late in games. Then he'll look at the junior setup. You've got a good enough roster to make the finals next year.
I agree in part re the fitness and junior set up, but Im not convinced our roster as it stands is finals material

VodkaSaint

Juniors
BOUT f**king TIME
NOW LETS DO SOME BASHING
Hulk_Smash_Loki.gif

Maddragon99

Juniors
Well I hope he sends Dean Young packing

2yr contract is interesting the Board are hedging risk, I think that also indicates Deano will be staying to take over in
Why are people happy about this?
One of the uninspiring, mediocre signings we've had in our history.

There's a reason he hasn't picked up a head coaching job for a while. A complete dinosaur with no attacking philosophy.

Tom pull your head in. He left Penrith in 2018 not 1978. Would you prefer we kept McGuber?

Tuddy

Juniors
Wane was my first choice but Griffin was a very close second and it’s absolute daylight to everyone else.

Hook’s got my support, all I’ve wanted is a coach that doesn’t want to be ‘one of the boys’ and if he’s anything, he’s that.

Dean.....you’re an adult mate, time to move out and go pay some rent .... and that goes double for you ‘Extras’ Millward.

Unsainty79

Juniors
Will Deano be assistant to Hook?

You’d think so. I believe I read and heard on radio around October/November last year that Young had offered to leave as he’d been approached by the Chooks to replace O’Brien but was knocked back about leaving before his contract expired and then ultimately signed a new one... I think.
Griffin speaks highly of him so you’d think he’d stick with him, considering Flanagan isn’t hanging around. Who knows, though.

Gareth67

First Grade
The man had a hard act to follow when Bennett left the Broncos on the first occasion , yet he took his team to the end of season big games and will do the same with our Dragons .

Congratulations to him and I wish him well .

Also on a side note it would appear ‘ the ‘ St.George side of the J.V. got their way again - this is the second occasion recently ( 1st being Mary’s departure ) which could be another sign of better days ahead for the Big Red V and it’s many proud supporters.

Last edited:

Phantom V

Juniors
A sensible appointment, probably the best coach available on the market. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do with some of the young players coming through.

It’s a real positive that he’s worked with Young and they have a working relationship from Tonga. Griffin speaks highly of Young and vice versa. Its refreshing to know that they can just get cracking pretty much immediately, unlike the sh*t fight happening at the Dogs.

To the people expecting a top 8 side and massive recruitment drive next year, I think you’re misguided, if not delusional. Of course we will look to strengthen in some areas, but we shouldn’t be desperate and we shouldn’t sign players at the detriment of some of our younger guys.

There’s no chance of another side picking up Norman or either of the Sims boys for next year (Even if half the members of the forum think we can just release them), so Griffin needs patience - Hopefully over the next 2 years we can see a side that’s becoming a real force, even If it’s not straight away or even in his first season.
Well said mate. I think he was the best choice considering who was available.

We needed someone to come in with no previous ties with the club and a keen eye for junior development.

Corey Parker gave him a huge wrap tonight and he spent some time with him at the Broncos so that’s good enough for me. I’m open to a fresh approach and I’m looking forward to see what the squad looks like in 2021.

It’ll be interesting to see if the slackers in our team finally aim up this weekend knowing Hook will be watching on.

Dragsters

First Grade
I hope I will be saying this this time next year (Im sure I will) but lets get behind Griffin and start our journey back up to where we belong.....not for just the team but for all us supporters that have had to endure years and years of mediocricy....Im not inexperienced enough to think results are going to happen overnight because they wont...but for mine the appointment of Griffin is a huge step in the right direction

Yep, it sure feels good to have a proper coach for the first time in a decade!

jak

Bench
I hope I will be saying this this time next year (Im sure I will) but lets get behind Griffin and start our journey back up to where we belong.....not for just the team but for all us supporters that have had to endure years and years of mediocricy....Im not inexperienced enough to think results are going to happen overnight because they wont...but for mine the appointment of Griffin is a huge step in the right direction
Very Well Said mate.

Dragon David

First Grade
Out of who was available, Griffin was the unanimous choice.

His contract will be a lot different to Mary's in favour of the club and results driven. Our first outside coach recruit since Bennett and both coached the Broncos so hopefully will bring about success.

I think that he will do well - much more so than what we have had.

Now we have to wait and see who will be in the playing squad for 2021. Something to look forward to.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Hook can get us to finals and then Dean can come in and send us back to 15th. I havent seen a shred of a first grade coach in him based on experience or success. Even on nrl 360 they said he did pretty good for a couple of weeks then the "team" did poorly and was inconsistent.

How about lost to two plodder teams and only just beat a 3rd..

f**k off to another team and prove You belong.

Hook first up needs a strong attacking coach as assistant first and foremost.

Not a bloke in charge of the 15th best defence last Year
Please accept we don't have the cattle especially in the pigs.