What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18, Penrith Panthers Vs Para Eewls

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
They are the worse side in competition. It was closer then most expected.

That is true. In saying that though the broncos played their best game in 2020.

Hindy111 are you unhappy at home ? cause your spending an awful lot of time here on the Panthers forum. Just remember not to eat all the biscuits, nor drink all the coffee.

murraymob

Coach
I never said I do not rate. They are playing as good as the other two.
If it was a finals game and up against them I would back the Storm and Roosters everytime.
I also feel Raiders or Souths vs Penny Panthers would be a coin toss due to their experience that is all.....
Hindy my wish for a grand final
Penrith v parra .I have a tone of mates who are parra fans and the piss taking and fun we have this week would be even more enjoyable in a grand final
Parra is my second team

Penrith v parra .I have a tone of mates who are parra fans and the piss taking and fun we have this week would be even more enjoyable in a grand final
Parra is my second team

Here here!

A Penrith v Parra GF would be a fitting way to end the season, with no Storm or Roosters sighted and us winning to make it perfect :wink:

If it weren’t for COVID, they’d have to increase ANZ stadium’s capacity to accommodate both fan bases should that scenario occur.

The_Frog

First Grade
The Eels have had a fair bit go their way this year. Starting on fire with 4 games against teams now contemplating next year, they were able to carry good form into tougher games against us, Roosters and Raiders, only the Roosters running them down late. Then they put a score on the Cowboys in round 8 but they haven't really been impressive at any time since. They were handed a gift against the Storm, who had a near reserve grade side. None of their performances since round 8 would have got them close to the Panthers team that accounted for Brisbane. But there is always the chance that in the local derby they can regain the sort of form they showed in rounds 6 to 8. This is what Ivan will be impressing on his side.

hindy111

Post Whore
Parra is my second team

BA isn't smart enough to beat a good side. His game plan is give 100% and complete sets. The top sides do that and exploit us with a smarter game plan and attacking structures. He will get you so far IMO.
I would give PARRA almost zero chance of beating Roosters or Storm in a semi. A little against you guys or if met Raiders if that is possible.
They'd need some luck and a big lead. Moses can't take control of the side and calm them down. They are front runners. Maybe I am being negative but it is how I see it. I don't feel we could ever get to the GF with BA in charge. But at sometime he has taken the club to another level compared to previous coaches.

franklin2323

Immortal
It will be interesting. We have 2/4 of spine missing and our best bench player.
And our depth isn't as good as yours. But I see a few things from eels to suggest they may surprise. Unsure tbh. Warriors pushed you guys and Roosters. And even though Eels struggled they where unlucky with 4 tries while NZ had an element of luck with all 3 of theres. It could of been a blow out on another day.

On a side note if you finished 1st you may play us or canberra or Roosters. I dislike the fact finishing 2nd maybe a benefit. Id rather play Eels or Raiders then Roosters. Finishing 1st may not be a benefit at all.

Better halves for the Warriors would be interesting. Sivo is always off his wing a few early kicks would of been handy

Blake/Moses combined has missed 80 tackles. Not once did I see Warriors try to isolate either.

Hopefully both tactics we try this week

BA is the worst NRL coach

hindy111

Post Whore
Better halves for the Warriors would be interesting. Sivo is always off his wing a few early kicks would of been handy

Blake/Moses combined has missed 80 tackles. Not once did I see Warriors try to isolate either.

Hopefully both tactics we try this week

BA is the worst NRL coach

No no. He has made clever recruits and got rid of bad influences so he deserves credit for knowing how to put a competeitve squad together. Plus players want to play for him.
But tactically he would be bottom 5.

Compare it to guys like Green. Smart coaches who held onto guys like Coote for 500k and let Ponga and Kikau go. This is a big part of being a coach

murraymob

Coach
No no. He has made clever recruits and got rid of bad influences so he deserves credit for knowing how to put a competeitve squad together. Plus players want to play for him.

Compare it to guys like Green. Smart coaches who held onto guys like Coote for 500k and let Ponga and Kikau go. This is a big part of being a coach
Did Green get lucky to have Thurston one of the greatest players ever.Thurston plays for Penrith or parra we win as well

The yak

Juniors
I would also suggest you guys struggled with Brisbane. I still feel Storm and Roosters are a bit safer bet then Panthers for some reason. Maybe lack of experience or just the fact they are not a normal part of the top 4. They are playing as good as them but still wouldn't be surprised if they did fall apart in finals.
I just can't seethst happening against the other two. I even rate Souths and Raiders as two sides who will be tough in finals. As an Eels fan I would only be confident and not overly either ofnus beating Sharks or Knights in a coin toss.
Any other side I would be surprised if we beat them tbh.

It is what happens when you have a long winning streak, little things creep into your game you didn't have at the start of the streak. You keep winning and they think they can get away with it.
I still think we have another gear left to go up. We either need a loss or a good game against a top opposition to bring it out.

franklin2323

Immortal

Where are all the kids from when you guys made the NYC GF a few years ago?

no depth shows the roster isn't even that good to cover.

Atleast Green and Ricky had star players to help them

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If it was a finals game and up against them I would back the Storm and Roosters everytime.
I also feel Raiders or Souths vs Penny Panthers would be a coin toss due to their experience that is all.....

People have been saying that all year, yet, we keep showing and we keep winning.

Love it.

kinghippo

Juniors
Here here!

A Penrith v Parra GF would be a fitting way to end the season, with no Storm or Roosters sighted and us winning to make it perfect :wink:

If it weren’t for COVID, they’d have to increase ANZ stadium’s capacity to accommodate both fan bases should that scenario occur.
Not seeing the Storm or Roosters would be great.
Ideally I would love to see them both bundled out without winning a game, the Roosters to get done as salary cap cheats and the broncos to get the spoon.
All these things would be delicious icing on us winning the premiership.

GongPanther

Referee
We beat Souths with no drama, and we flogged the Raiders.

If there is an Achilles Heel in our side, it is the way the players tend to mentally drop off, particually in the last 15-20 mins. In a season such as this, it must be taking a toll on the players ability to stay focused.

Hopefully this 8 day break might refresh them.

maple_69

Bench
BA isn't smart enough to beat a good side. His game plan is give 100% and complete sets. The top sides do that and exploit us with a smarter game plan and attacking structures. He will get you so far IMO.
I would give PARRA almost zero chance of beating Roosters or Storm in a semi. A little against you guys or if met Raiders if that is possible.
They'd need some luck and a big lead. Moses can't take control of the side and calm them down. They are front runners. Maybe I am being negative but it is how I see it. I don't feel we could ever get to the GF with BA in charge. But at sometime he has taken the club to another level compared to previous coaches.

BA with the right assistants could though. You only have to look at Cleary to show how the right coaching team can make such a difference.

The Realist

Juniors
Parramatta are not a form side ATM but if we play to the same level we did against Brisbane we lose.

In the last 2 games we haven't gotten out of 3rd gear and to be honest most of our 12 game win streak we been in 3rd gear, sometimes 4th - the only games we really gone over are the Manly and Sharks games. I am worried that if a good team pushes us hard or just hits a hot patch of form we will not be able to climb the gears to match them.

If we hit 5th gear we definitely beat Parra, probably 4th will do. When we find 6th gear we (hopefully) win the Premiership.

Always worried ex-Panthers will fire against us. Key battles will be RCG vs JFH and Blake vs Crichton. We win those match ups or even just hold them even we will probably win.

Original Name

Juniors
This is the toughest hit out we'll have before the big show starts. Win this, all but secure the MP, give our strongest 17 the kind of test they haven't had in the last month then spend the next two weeks managing the squad.

That said, I wouldn't have a problem with them just playing our best 17 all the way through. Changing up combinations this close to the finals has a set of risks all of its own.
You ask coaches what the biggest thing going into finals is and they all say momentum. Someone spends 2 weeks out it can hard to get into a rythm and be firing from the opening whistle in a fast paced game which is what we need to do when we go up against whoever out of the Eels, Roosters, Raiders in a final.

Of course it doesn't matter for players in a position like prop where they don't have to do much thinking on the field and the mentality to play well is all about effort and desire. But in a position like the halves no matter how hard you try if you drop out of form it's hard to recapture it.

Latest posts