What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100% Official Griffin for the next 2 years

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Well said mate. I think he was the best choice considering who was available.

We needed someone to come in with no previous ties with the club and a keen eye for junior development.

Corey Parker gave him a huge wrap tonight and he spent some time with him at the Broncos so that’s good enough for me. I’m open to a fresh approach and I’m looking forward to see what the squad looks like in 2021.

It’ll be interesting to see if the slackers in our team finally aim up this weekend knowing Hook will be watching on.
Well Norman wont be one of them...its takes him an hour and a half to watch 60 minutes

Dragon David

First Grade
Well said mate. I think he was the best choice considering who was available.

We needed someone to come in with no previous ties with the club and a keen eye for junior development.

Corey Parker gave him a huge wrap tonight and he spent some time with him at the Broncos so that’s good enough for me. I’m open to a fresh approach and I’m looking forward to see what the squad looks like in 2021.

It’ll be interesting to see if the slackers in our team finally aim up this weekend knowing Hook will be watching on.
Nice read and I agree with what you said re:

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Very happy with this appointment.
He is from outside the club, a hard arse and will finally bring some accountability on these players.
He will also bring through the juniors in a way more structured way.
We will finally have a proper coach again and we have to back him.

Gippsy

Bench

Maddragon99

Juniors
2018 pre-season at the panthers - and the rumours about Griffin losing the playing group started. Yes, that was in the pre-season.

https://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/fix-it-did-phil-gould-spray-coach-anthony-griffin-/3349266/

Some of those quotes,with hindsight,make interesting reading.

Good luck guys.

people learn & evolve based on past experiences. I wouldn’t read anything into it. Hook knows he’s potentially got long term gig at a marquee Club he’ll make the most of the opportunity that he’s been given.

besides the Panthers are soft, watch them fold in this years finals.

redVinme

Juniors
Please accept we don't have the cattle especially in the pigs.

Oh no I agree 100%
We don't have a single player that would make the opposition think twice before running at them.

We need some big angry replacements if we are any chance of moving up the ladder.

Bulldogs, titans, warriors and nth QLD will all be a lot stronger next year and the good teams aren't getting any weaker.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well so far - although it’s been bogged down with misleading information and an almost assassination by Gould’s media mates - the Dragons board have now done the correct thing on 2 most important aspects of moving forward .

Marys dismissal and the appointment of a coach who will not suffer fools gladly . It is good that Ryan Webb has stuck true to his word and has helped to start placing the building blocks towards success .

Good days ahead gents - we are now finally leaving the doom and gloom of obscurity behind us with Griffins signing .

Last edited:

twinkletoes

Juniors
Dean Young did not deserve to be coach at this stage. he is a club legend and bleeds red and white with passion. He would be best served to leave the Dragons and get experience at other clubs or overseas and then if he acquires the right skills and experience come back to coach in the NRL. ....and if that is at the Dragons at the right time in the future that would be fantastic. I think everyone would like to see him become successful but he has to earn his stripes first

I'm Hornby

Juniors
#MAKESTGEORGEGREATAGAIN

Very relieved and excited at the appointment of Hook as head coach.

As I've said before he is the hard ass we need to get our playing group up to scratch and kick the passengers off the bus!

He has the added benefit of having coached our highest profile signing/highest paid player in Ben Hunt from the junior level in to first grade game and if any of the candidates could claim they knew how to get the best out of Ben, surely only Griffin has a stake to the claim.

Onwards and upwards and wishing I can fast forward to round 1 2021 now.

blue bags

First Grade
BANNERS, GRIFFO THE GREAT :p
bd66d776c654e3f0c94c01c4bd3782b7

Old style . . I look at who coaches have learnt from then what they have done . . Hookie was second banana to Chris Anderson and then Muppet Murray with the Southern Salary cheats then Ivan Henjak then 4 years with the Donkeys as head wrangler before they flicked him for grandpa Wayne . . a year in the wilderness . . 2 seasons with the penny panties then punted . . 2 years in the wilderness . . Comes with some experience but I get wiffs of mediocre. We have to be way better than we have been under him so we'll see who and what he sets around him and how our first 6 games go . . He carries a 45% career failure rate!

Latest posts