What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100% Official Griffin for the next 2 years

j0nesy

Bench
Finally the Board have done a good job in Appointing the best out there ATM apart from Wane, the only question, is he able to win a Premiership or will he end up being in the same category as Brian Smith and David Waite, unfortunately for Waite we were ripped off in 1999 GF from Bill Harrigans poor refereeing 50/50's going to the Storm, missed forward passes and giving them a leg up, making for a spectacular finish for the power brokers (NEWS LTD). Unless we are able to get a Proven premieship winner like a Bellamy or a Robinson, I will be content for hook to stay on beyong his 2 year contract believing we will finish top 8/6 next year and top 4 in 2022.
Hopefully over the next few years on this forum the debates will be over team selections and which club will be a threat to us winning another premiership.

I’d be reasonably satisfied with back to back top 8’s, as long as he is developing juniors. We are losing a few players and I sense there might be a bit of a clean out. I don’t think a top 4 is achievable with our current squad and not sure 2 years is enough to completely turn things around.

St Georgio

Juniors
I’d be reasonably satisfied with back to back top 8’s, as long as he is developing juniors. We are losing a few players and I sense there might be a bit of a clean out. I don’t think a top 4 is achievable with our current squad and not sure 2 years is enough to completely turn things around.
David Furner thought we had a Top 4 Roster, remember we had very average coach, so having a strong coach now and putting all the pieces together top 8-6 is achievable for 2021 and UP from there.

FlameThrower

Bench
I’m happy with this appointment. We needed a mature & experienced coach. He has no links to the old boys, has a good track record of blooding juniors and will demand our marshmallow players harden up. We will need a roster refresh, but our stocks are low and we can’t seem to attract quality players right now.
Let’s give him a chance and get behind him and the club as we steer our way out of the last 7 years of endless roundabouts and dead ends....

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Your probably right anyone expecting top 4 aspirations is unrealistic but in 2 years under Griffin we will know if we are heading in the right direction.... like you Im all for developing our juniors and if and when they get their opportunity through ability or injury their not sitting on the bench untill the 78th minute which has been the case for most of the last decade.....adding to that yes we will be losing players and we definately need to move some players on but Im sure our new coach will have a huge say in our recruitment from now on....we have a much better chance of attracting some quality players under Hook than we ever had under the last two failures

boardlumps62

Juniors
If we could get Dufty involved for 80 minutes despite his size and defence at the back he will do as fullback for the moment. Add a couple of strong forwards if we can find them and get Vaughn back on track that will give us some grunt up front. Then bring in Fengai Boys for one centre spot a winger maybe. Then we have everyone's favourite Ramsay and there we go into the 8. Oh plus some stamina and discipline.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
I think this appointment from the board is about stability.
There is no need to go over how the BOD has stuffed up over the last few years with regards to our coaches.
We all know it well and that's why i think getting Griffin was mainly based on getting some stability back into our club, adding more starch back into the defence,making the players acountable, getting rid of the dead wood and bringing through more juniors.
The BOD will have to back him 100% and stay out of the way to let him do his thing, unlike Gus Gould did at Penrith. This is his chance at redemption and to give an up yours to Gus and co, which is good cause he will be extremely motivated to prove them all wrong. And as for our players, the free ride is over...

Crush

Coach
The best part about this appointment will be the hope that it brings in the off-season.
You know when you get to January, February and the previous seasons failure is just a distance memory?
I will be frothing when the charity shield rolls around next year.
No lafai. No Aitken. No Mary.
That's when it'll be exciting.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
O
The best part about this appointment will be the hope that it brings in the off-season.
You know when you get to January, February and the previous seasons failure is just a distance memory?
I will be frothing when the charity shield rolls around next year.
No lafai. No Aitken. No Mary.
That's when it'll be exciting.
no excuses...