What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Raiders

Old Timer

Coach
I hope that Hook is on the phone to DY telling him what he wants done with the squad over the next 3 weeks.

I also hope he has a plan to look after the guys that are here next year but playing busted at the moment.

I hope that he has a plan to offload those that are costing big $$$ for little return.

Maybe he could start by selecting Norman & Hunt in the front row against the Raiders?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
It’s going to be very interesting now Young doesn’t have to win anymore will Tuesday’s list be any different. If I was Griffin I’d be having a sneaky phone call to Deano and sort of hint at who I want picked if you wanna remain my assistant:joy:
Like your thinking but it wont happen......the fog is still like pea soup untill Hook starts in the off season.....what did Young say same shit different day

redv13

Bench
These jokers can’t beat the titans at Kogarah or a massively under strength cows on a 9 game losing streak. Ha, zero f**king chance they’ll come anywhere near Canberra. Within 20 pts and they’ve done well.

I expect this game we will see the forwards run a little bit harder, line speed to be a little bit quicker, tackles more affective and a little bit harder. Players will be out to impress, even those on contract for next season.
Griffin has proven at both the Donkeys and Panthers that he will give the jersey to juniors of good enough.
If I’m Sullivan, Blacker, Ramsey or the twins I would be very happy with what the future holds simply for opportunities, something that has been missing the past 9 years.

getsmarty

Immortal
r18_preview_4-dragons-v-raiders.jpg

MATCH PREVIEW

Dragons v Raiders: Vaughan back from ban; Scott delay
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Mon 7 Sep 2020, 03:33 PM

With their finals hopes finally extinguished St George Illawarra can settle into the role of spoiler and first up in a three-leg gauntlet of finals contenders are Canberra.

The Dragons' failure to take their chances against the Cowboys on Sunday means that now not even the numbers add up so they will be playing for pride and to impress newly named 2021 head coach Anthony Griffin.

But, having briefly flirted with an unlikely late-season run at the top eight, things don't get any easier because after they host fifth-placed Canberra they are away to sixth-placed Newcastle and at home to second-placed Melbourne to round out the season.

The Raiders, who can't afford another stumble after dropping two points behind the fourth-placed Roosters, will want to make it count against the Dragons because they also face a challenging finish to the regular season against the Warriors and Sharks.

Match: Dragons v Raiders

Round 18 - Saturday 12th September

3:00pm

Home Team

Dragons

11th Position

Away Team

Raiders

5th Position

Venue: WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Match broadcasters:

• Kayo
  • Foxtel
  • Live Pass
Fan Information
The rundown
Team news
Dragons: Prop Paul Vaughan (suspension) will be available while fellow forward Trent Merrin (hamstring) could also return. Interim coach Dean Young has the option to blood some youth now the finals are out of reach.

Raiders: Star front-rower Josh Papalii (shoulder) will be monitored and is a chance of playing after being cleared of serious injury. But centre Curtis Scott will have to wait another week before returning from a knee injury.

Corey Norman v Jack Wighton: Their 2020 numbers are remarkably similar given that both have solidified remarkably different perceptions - Wighton as the man who measures up in the big moments and Norman as a much less reliable playmaker when the pressure is on. The Raider has the advantage when it comes to tries (8-4), average run metres (102-84) and average kick meters (280-260 per game) while the Dragon has more forced dropouts (13-7) and offloads (7-3). He is also less effective in defence.

Stat attack
Canberra's injury woes have captured most of the attention but their struggles in attack could prove decisive when it comes to securing a top-four finish and, from there, how far they progress in the post-season. Only one other team in the top eight (Parramatta, 336) has scored less than the Raiders' 344 points and most of their serious finals rivals are around 100 points ahead in that category.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/09/08/dragons-v-raiders-vaughan-back-from-ban-scott-delay/

LINESPEED

Juniors
..what did Young say same shit different day

How about “different shit, new day” Deano?

...& you’d better start showing some ‘junior development’ credentials if you!re gonna get Hook’s attention?

Like moving Max,Tristan & Eddie up the pecking order perhaps.

I know that’d be so fuc/kin tough & against the grain for you eh?

...Even Cody at 21 would show a prophetic glimmer of nous

But for you Deano,
as I’ve said,
the ‘same-shit’ horse has bolted as they say?

This Year?

Immortal
The lowest point will be when Croker scores a try or 3 and gets all chest pumpy while our "defenders" watch on with dopey looks on their faces

possm

Coach
I hope that Hook is on the phone to DY telling him what he wants done with the squad over the next 3 weeks.

I also hope he has a plan to look after the guys that are here next year but playing busted at the moment.

I hope that he has a plan to offload those that are costing big $$$ for little return.

Maybe he could start by selecting Norman & Hunt in the front row against the Raiders?
I hope it is Norman to ESL and Maloney to 6.

possm

Coach
How about “different shit, new day” Deano?

...& you’d better start showing some ‘junior development’ credentials if you!re gonna get Hook’s attention?

Like moving Max,Tristan & Eddie up the pecking order perhaps.

I know that’d be so fuc/kin tough & against the grain for you eh?

...Even Cody at 21 would show a prophetic glimmer of nous

But for you Deano,
as I’ve said,
the ‘same-shit’ horse has bolted as they say?
Or how about sending Young on an all expenses paid holiday, leaving Griffin and Flanagan to run the team.

Latest posts