What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100% Official Griffin for the next 2 years

matPORTS

Juniors
The appointment of Anthony Griffin as our head coach is probably the second most significant appointment in the history of the joint venture. We will continue to debate whether he is/was the best option available, but I think of everyone who applied for the job he is the best available in terms of what we need as a club right now.

He's from outside the club (tick).
He has an eye for junior talent (tick).
He's a hard nosed operator who will command the very best of his players and staff (tick).

I am looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table in terms of our tactics and game plans, as well as giving the juniors a run for more than just a five minute cameo when the game is already done and dusted.

I am not at all phased by the reports in the media, and the subsequent bickering that is now on between the two major news agents. The reality for us as a supporter group is that we probably should get used to this. There are going to be some players and staff who will be in shock come the pre-season having never had to work so hard in their lives, and that is only going to stir this media pot even more when the "unhappy group" murmurs begin as a result. I say bring it on (where were all these media nuffies for the best part of the last seven years is all I can say).

Kilkenny

Coach
Why are people happy about this?
One of the uninspiring, mediocre signings we've had in our history.

There's a reason he hasn't picked up a head coaching job for a while. A complete dinosaur with no attacking philosophy.
Not entirely true watch Panther highlights from 2016 we were very entertaining and exciting. Maybe attack isn’t his strongest attribute, but your side will be a lot fitter, have better defensive structures and better discipline Griffin does take any nonsense from the players so he is strong disciplinarian.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Not entirely true watch Panther highlights from 2016 we were very entertaining and exciting. Maybe attack isn’t his strongest attribute, but your side will be a lot fitter, have better defensive structures and better discipline Griffin does take any nonsense from the players so he is strong disciplinarian.

Panthers highlights from 2016 are pretty much entirely Moylan, Cartwright, Kikau and Peachey.
It was individual brilliance that turned games for them, not innovative attacking structures.

St Georgio

Juniors
He said one thing this morning,he,would try hard to keep Young on
I hope not.

Panthers highlights from 2016 are pretty much entirely Moylan, Cartwright, Kikau and Peachey.
It was individual brilliance that turned games for them, not innovative attacking structures.

If his attacking structures are boring and safe, why not keep Flanno on as an assistant instead of D Young.

saintly1996

Juniors

in 2020 it's Cleary, Kikau. Luai and Crighton

Who gets the credit here

For the roosters it was Tedesco, Keary, Mitchell and Manu last year.

Its more about the players rather than attacking structures

boardlumps62

Juniors
When he start as soon as the comp finishes one would think or before.
Whose Gunna set the ground rules like go and have a two week holiday see you in November. And whose going to tell those that their time is up services no longer required.

possm

Coach
Great signing, now let him pick his own assistants and recruit who he believes he needs.

Norman out and Maloney in. Fist order of the day. Or if he won't go, maybe Norman at left centre until his contract ends.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
in 2020 it's Cleary, Kikau. Luai and Crighton

Who gets the credit here

For the roosters it was Tedesco, Keary, Mitchell and Manu last year.

Its more about the players rather than attacking structures

That Panthers side this year is the WHOLE team. They constantly have players in motion, forwards hitting it up in twos, support players on every hit-up, backline shifts on big forward sets and fast play the balls.

It's not just the players you've named, it's also Martin, JFH, Yeo, Edwards, Mansour, Koroisau etc. The whole team is gelling really well and every player knows their role in attack.

Gareth67

First Grade
And here we were talking about bogus media reports. Laura Pitt’s comments about how the factions at the Joint Venture could not agree upon the new coach and basically said they were at each other’s throats .The St.George members wanting Griffin whereas the WIN accountants going for Furner .

Yet there it is in black and white for all and sundry to see - A UNANIMOUS DECISION .
That to me is exactly what it suggests - unanimous , the entire board voted for Griffin .

No friction whatsoever.

I do sincerely hope that you gentlemen who constantly belittle our highly professional and success oriented board are ashamed of yourselves ! :flushed:

Last edited:

St Georgio

Juniors
And here we were talking about bogus media reports. Laura Pitt’s comments about how the factions at the Joint Venture could not agree upon the new coach and basically said they were at each other’s throats .The St.George members wanting Griffin whereas the WIN accountants going for Furner .

Yet there it is in black and white for all and sundry to see - A UNANIMOUS DECISION .
That to me that is exactly what it suggests - the entire board voted for Griffin .

No friction whatsoever.

I do sincerely hope that you gentlemen who constantly belittle our highly professional and success oriented board are ashamed of yourselves ! :flushed:
Maybe it takes us to jump and down like spoilt brats, this appointment is no brainer making everybody from all sides happy.

boardlumps62

Juniors

That to me that is exactly what it suggests - the entire board voted for Griffin .

No friction whatsoever.

The media lives in a world of make believe. Sometimes they do get it right but it's all about sensationalism to get the points.

Warabrook saint

Juniors

No friction whatsoever.

:joy: Crownies and Chinese all round :beers:

Old Timer

Coach

No friction whatsoever.

As I said earlier on in another thread all Board decisions that are announced should be unanimous and the blood left on the boardroom floor.

All these so-called media “experts” just give me the shits as they try to create something from nothing.

Can’t wait for Doust to be the chairman as that will prove just how unified we really are.

Kilkenny

Coach

I understand not everyone is going to be excited by the appointment of Anthony Griffin.

As an outsider looking in and given what he achieved at my club, three finals appearances before the much publicised fallout with Gus, I truly believe he will be good for your club.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Now Griffin is officially in place I think the chances of offloading Norman in the off-season have gone up. That lazy prick isn’t going to like the new set up.

I predict Hunt will return to halfback Griffen will want more out of him particularly when we have McInnes a Origin level dummy half in the team. There’s also Billy Brittian as back up.

if Jack de Belin gets off he’ll drop straight into lock but if he doesn’t get off the charges Griffin is going to have to find a quality lock from somewhere

Even Gus Gould has moved on watch for the games against Penrith to be obsolete crackers next year!

possm

Coach

No friction whatsoever.

A slab of crownies does the job every time at the BOD

Latest posts