What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 18 vs Penrith team list thread

Eelogical

Referee
Even if Reed was ok for Friday, id rest him anyway to make sure

Would look to rest one or two others, who have played every game this year, freshen up for the finals.

Its a 5 day turnaround and beating Penrith isn't a must, most likely play them 1st week of the finals, we can go full throttle there
It's rare that we beat them twice in a year. Three times would be a stretch of the imagination, even Hindy's, eh? If this scenario was reversed, Parra smashing every team in sight, only loss of the year is to the Panthers under questionable circumstances, playing at home with a greater turn around against a team suffering burnout and injuries. Would we be ambushed?

Can Sam fight? Could have picked him on the bench, told him to go out there and just smash everybody through whatever method is necessary. He gets suspended for a few games that he was never going to play.

Or I guess we could tell N Brown that Cleary stole his mum's VCR.

84 Baby

Referee
Can Sam fight? Could have picked him on the bench, told him to go out there and just smash everybody through whatever method is necessary. He gets suspended for a few games that he was never going to play.
I don’t know why more NRL teams don’t use this tactic. Gower is even retiring (maybe). I think this is a missed opportunity. I guess we could still have Kevans or Stefano do it but they can each only get sent off once

emjaycee

Coach

Or I guess we could tell N Brown that Cleary stole his mum's VCR.
*virginity

TheParraboy

Staff member
It's rare that we beat them twice in a year. Three times would be a stretch of the imagination, even Hindy's, eh? If this scenario was reversed, Parra smashing every team in sight, only loss of the year is to the Panthers under questionable circumstances, playing at home with a greater turn around against a team suffering burnout and injuries. Would we be ambushed?

Many on here would see it as a choke..

Not since Denis Moran. Its probably frowned upon by the NRL who pay everyone's wages.

Well, when I was a lad and you played the Kempsey Cowboys (or Dragons) or the Smithtown Tigers, and it was the last round of the regular season, you knew you were going to get belted. Though, they didn't bother playing their reserves to do it.

emjaycee

Coach
Fun Fact: Panthers have failed to score more than 2 tries only twice this year.
Round 3 in their draw with Newcastle and Round 5 in their only loss of the season to us.

strider

Post Whore
Fun Fact: Panthers have failed to score more than 2 tries only twice this year.
Round 3 in their draw with Newcastle and Round 5 in their only loss of the season to us.
So if let em score 3 tries its game over ... bugger!

T-Boon

Coach
I’d play Reed. We do need to win this game and play well. Resting players sends the wrong message to our players. We did that against manly and got towelled.

Glenneel

Bench
It will be a hard game to gauge. Parra have a 5 day turnaround which makes it very hard to win. They also have half the spine missing and most likely best bench forward in Niakuore.
If Eels did stick within 14 points and met again with a 7 day turnaround and the spine at full strength youd have to imagine they'd flip the result.

I'd say Penrith need to win by 20 points in this one against a severely weakened EELS side.
Only when the Roosters or the Storm lose do the commentators mention their injury toll, the other teams get beaten because they're shit apparently.

Gronk

Staff member
Only when the Roosters or the Storm lose do the commentators mention their injury toll, the other teams get beaten because they're shit apparently.

Well said. With (potentially) half our spine out this week, I'll be watching you. :eyes: