What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Raiders

Dragon David

First Grade
redv13, if the Dragons do get thrashed it will be out of character. They have had a remarkable ability(?) this season to play to a level just below their opponents resulting in many competitive losses. Had they played as well against the bottom teams as they played against the Roosters or the Panthers or the Eels for example they would have had many more wins. Only against the Warriors and the loss to the Dogs have they never been in the contest.

They really had to lower themselves to have a golden point loss to the Cowboys - they relied on some very poor handling to fritter away points. I don't like to rubbish individual players but it's about time there was a message that basic handling errors are not acceptable at NRL level. Think of:
*Rava dropping a sitter with the line wide open.
*Jordan winning the jump on a high ball but barely touching it on the way down.
* Aitken missing a bouncing ball after Hunt effected what should have been a match-saving charge down. Aitken is also usually around the high balls that are allowed to bounce. And there's Blocker Roach surprised that Euan has been allowed to leave.
*Clune dropping a ball on the first tackle in an attacking position.

A few issues to throw in: Fui was very energetic for his 3 minutes. I hoped when Mary left the bench would be used more constructively. Why pick Fui if you are not going to use him?

I have been a supporter of Josh Kerr but 40 metres for a prop is ordinary even with limited minutes.

Finally, why are high balls still being allowed to bounce. WTF do they practise at training?

It would be pleasing to read of a few personnel changes to address some of the above.
Yes, we made too many unforced errors and lost the game. So many other games the same and you cannot blame the coach for those stupid errors.

Again and again, it beats me as to what they would be doing at training. Practise makes perfect - kick high balls to the wingers, centres and fullback in sunny, wet, windy or whatever conditions, just do it. Don't let the ball bounce otherwise put $50 in the kitty as a penalty ffs.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Don't mind Ellis in the starting side over Lawrie. Rav has to be being rested, surely not dropped! Excited for Cody though. Disappointed Blacker can't get a gig over Britain considering we've already got two hookers... No wonder we're getting pasted in the middle week in, week out, we're a very small middle.
Young can get yesterday.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Don't mind Ellis in the starting side over Lawrie. Rav has to be being rested, surely not dropped! Excited for Cody though. Disappointed Blacker can't get a gig over Britain considering we've already got two hookers... No wonder we're getting pasted in the middle week in, week out, we're a very small middle.
Young can get yesterday.
I reckon Rava deserves to be dropped. He got a good try but bombed an absolute sitter and a few defensive errors. He needs to get that out of his game. Plus Ramsey we need a good look at to see how he handles fg, if he is up to it he can train there in the off season.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Excited for Cody though. Disappointed Blacker can't get a gig over Britain considering we've already got two hookers... No wonder we're getting pasted in the middle week in, week out, we're a very small middle.

Ditto
The changes are happening at last.
IMO Brittain & Williame are McFail era journeyman roadblocks

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Wise choice playing Ramsey on the wing. Get a taste of it all. You can’t burn young talent and would be too much to ask playing first up at fullback.
Also gives Rava a well earned rest as he looks like he could do with one both physically and mentally. Let’s see what Ellis can do with the opportunity been given. Maybe seeing Hook’s influences already?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Wise choice playing Ramsey on the wing. Get a taste of it all. You can’t burn young talent and would be too much to ask playing first up at fullback.
Also gives Rava a well earned rest as he looks like he could do with one both physically and mentally. Let’s see what Ellis can do with the opportunity been given. Maybe seeing Hook’s influences already?
Even more damaging to Ramsey would be putting him on the left wing.

Mitty266

Juniors
All I wanted was to see EA dropped for this weekend. Even that’s to much to ask?!
Wow deano you must of been almighty impressed by his efforts last wkend. Good god give me strength, I feel sorry for periera, he seems like a good player and a lot of upside. But whilst ever he has that peanut playing on the inside of him he will always be looked at as an average winger at best.

I didnt mind the idea of dean young after his straight shooting at his inaugural press conference but he has failed to do what everyone has wanted that death rode Mcgregor for, using the f*ing bench competently and dropping out of form players.

good f*ing riddence bring on 2021 and bring on Griffin. Sorry deano take a back seat and watch how it’s done....

True_Believer

Juniors

Agree Rava needed the break. Last game he looked broken. Struggled to make any ground and wasn't running anywhere near full pace.

redVinme

Juniors
Agree Rava needed the break. Last game he looked broken. Struggled to make any ground and wasn't running anywhere near full pace.

Might not be popular but i think Rava needs to drop about 5kgs and start sprint training. Some body types just build mass so easily but I think if he stripped down the extra pace would mean he can still maintain impact with more agility and less joint stress.

Just my 2 cents

Latest posts