What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Sharks

Meth

Staff member
Must win, if we're a slim hope

1- Tuivasa Sheck
2- Jennings/Herbert
3- Perham
4- Hiku
5- Pompey
6- Nikorima
7- Harris-Tavita
8- Taunoa-Brown
9- Lawton
10- Burr
11- Murchie
12- Harris
13- Tevaga

Res- Egan, Blair, Alvaro, Hetherington

18th man- Papali'i
19th man- Roache

Meth

Staff member
I seriously haven't quite ever settled on my opinion on Tevaga, but there's no denying that he has a place in this 17 right now. Again, it's just holding onto the ball and maintaining discipline. When he does that, he's great

Campion

Juniors
Big Tevaga fan. He's making big meters and huge involvement. But can understand the frustration. To me he's like a more productive Betham.

I think if Sharks don't have Johnson back then we will win.

Tongue

Juniors
I seriously haven't quite ever settled on my opinion on Tevaga, but there's no denying that he has a place in this 17 right now. Again, it's just holding onto the ball and maintaining discipline. When he does that, he's great

I have no issue with what Tevaga did. 9 times out of ten his action would have had no bearing on the game. Plus Brown was just a little bit quieter this game than others, so the idea to get on top off him was a good one.
Every team needs an enforcer type and the Warriors havent had one for a while.
People cant cry out for players with the attitude of a Kevin Campion, and then bemoan the fact that any such player occasionally crosses the line.
The energy that he brings the rest of the team, outweighs any minor indiscretion that Tevaga is guilty of.

Meth

Staff member
I have no issue with what Tevaga did. 9 times out of ten his action would have had no bearing on the game. Plus Brown was just a little bit quieter this game than others, so the idea to get on top off him was a good one.
Every team needs an enforcer type and the Warriors havent had one for a while.
People cant cry out for players with the attitude of a Kevin Campion, and then bemoan the fact that any such player occasionally crosses the line.
The energy that he brings the rest of the team, outweighs any minor indiscretion that Tevaga is guilty of.

I don't have any issue with what he did the first time. Penalty sufficient and the penalty should have gone against Brown IMO

Tevaga does have an issue with discipline though and that was on display yesterday. He was bettered by Brown at his own game

Benek

Juniors
I don't mind Jazz as a hothead or enforcer. What I mind is that he's good for one or two stupid throwaway offload errors per game, and they always seem to come at critical times that kill our momentum.

If he can become more reliable by cleaning up those errors and the occasional penalty, I could get on the Jazz bandwagon and see him as an asset.

As someone else pointed out (sorry I forgot who), Jazz won't win us any games, but he could (and has) lost us games. At the moment the liabilities are just too big.

I'm tired of giving him the excuse that he's full of energy and trying really hard. My 5-year-old does that when he plays footy too. Professionals aren't judged just on their effort, they're judged on consistency (whether in sport, or any other profession).

Meth

Staff member
Obviously, this is the biggest game of the season for us.

Big Marn

Juniors
Jennings and Alvaro both back.
IP to start in front row. Burr to bench.
Hetherington hasnt been given all clear to return to Warriors by Penrith even though has completed suspension.
Curran and Beale drop out of 17

Meth

Staff member
Papali’i has been playing football, but shouldn’t be starting and not at prop.

apart from that, great. Same team that beat the Knights.

checcin alert

JJ

Immortal
Papali’i has been playing football, but shouldn’t be starting and not at prop.

apart from that, great. Same team that beat the Knights.

checcin alert
Peyton has earned some rope I think, but I tend to agree

Scott

Bench
It's just a jersey number.

Pap will start on left edge, middle forwards will be Tohu, Jazz & JTB to start with.

Meth

Staff member
It's just a jersey number.

Pap will start on left edge, middle forwards will be Tohu, Jazz & JTB to start with.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. Isaiah has played in the middle before, but he's been playing better the last few weeks on the edge. Why change it? Also, did you see the stat from Adam Blair? Hasn't missed a tackle in a month. He's playing better too

Blair

Coach
I'm going to my first Warriors game for the year this weekend.

It's our last chance saloon, so a bit more than just a dead-rubber.

Meth

Staff member
I can’t see us making the 8. F/A is an issue even if we win this weekend

Blair

Coach
Hetherington and Tevaga in the same side would have me on edge.

We might win the 'mongrel' though.

TheDMC

Bench
I can’t see us making the 8. F/A is an issue even if we win this weekend
Simple equation, we win last three and cronulla lose last three and we are in. Anything else we are out. If we beat sharkies then it’s real exciting as they have two really tough games to finish. I crunched the numbers, Our chances are about 8% of making the finals.

Latest posts