What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Panthers Forum Player of the Year 2020

Panther Pete

Juniors
Round 17 vs Broncos

Edwards 9
Mansour 5
Crichton 5
Naden 6
To'o 7
Luai 8
Cleary 7
Tamou 5
Koroisau 7
Leota 8
Kikau 6
Martin 6
Fisher-Harris 8

May 5
Leniu 8.5
Capewell 6.5
Tetevano 8

martielang

Bench
Edwards 8
Mansour 6
Crichton 5
Naden 6
To'o 7
Luai 7
Cleary 6
Tamou 6
Koroisau 7
Leota 7
Kikau 6
Martin 6
Fisher-Harris 7

May 5
Leniu 7
Capewell 6
Tetevano 8

MugaB

Coach
Round 17 vs Boncos

Edwards 9
Mansour 4
Crichton 5
Naden 5
To'o 7
Luai 9
Cleary 8
Tamou 7
Koroisau 8
Leota 8
Kikau 6
Martin 6
Fisher-Harris 9

May 6
Leniu 8
Capewell 7
Tetevano 8
If we had won by 50 blot, it would have been a better game, but we always struggling on the easy wins, titans and warriors were another, but play a bogey side like sharks and BAM =50+

Edwards was great again, same as Luai, the Samoans are becoming a handful for the rest of the comp,
I'd say grinding win, but definitely not pretty

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Edwards 8
Mansour 6
Crichton 5
Naden 6
To'o 7
Luai 7.5
Cleary 7
Tamou 6
Koroisau 7
Leota 7
Kikau 6
Martin 6
Fisher-Harris 8.5 Outstanding. 259 metres

May 5
Leniu 7.5
Capewell 6
Tetevano 8

Excellent punch of the bench from Leniu and Tetevano.

Kilkenny

Coach
Edwards 8.5
Mansour 8.
Naden 6.
Crichton 6.
To’o 8.
Luai 8.
Cleary 8.
Tamou 7.
Koroisau 8.
Leota 7.5.
Kikau 5.5
Martin 7.
JFH 8.5

May 6.
Tetevano 8.
Capewell 7.
Lenui 7.5.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Round 17 vs Broncos

Edwards 9
Mansour 6
Crichton 6
Naden 6
To'o 7
Luai 8
Cleary 8
Tamou 7
Koroisau 8
Leota 7
Kikau 6
Martin 6
Fisher-Harris 9

May 5
Leniu 7
Capewell 7
Tetevano 8

Flashstep

Juniors
Edwards 9
Mansour 7
Chrichton 5
Naden 5
To’o 8
Luai 7
Cleary 6
Tamou 6
Api 7
Leota 7
Kikau 5
Martin 5
JFH 9

May 4
Leniu 9
Capewell 6
Tetevano 8

Pomoz

Bench
Edwards 9
Mansour 7
Crichton 5
Naden 6
To’o 8
Luai 7
Cleary 7
Tamou 7
Api 7
Leota 7
Kikau 5
Martin 5
JFH 9

May 5
Leniu 9
Capewell 6
Tetevano 8

Notwithstanding the result, it was a boring game to watch. The Bronco's played much better with their returning stars on board and a simplified defensive plan. The Panthers played a very conservative game and played within themselves, only raising the tempo when they needed to score points to win the game. A couple of points:
  • Besides a couple of defensive lapses the Panther's dominated territory, with the Bronco's spending 64% of their time in their own half and making 700 fewer run metres. The domination wasn't turned into points though and the Bronco's stayed within winning range the entire game;
  • Statistical analysis of teams playing on five day turnarounds show that although their win rate isn't affected, they tend to play a more conservative game. This is evidenced by such things as fewer passes, offloads and a higher completion rate as the team takes less risks. This game was the poster child for proof of that, with the Panther's playing a dull, brutal, forward dominated game. The ball was turned inside so often I had to check my calendar to make sure it wasn't 2019 and that Trent Barrett was still the attacking coach. Kikau must have been thrilled at his reversion to the human battering ram role. This style of football might beat the lowly Bronco's, but it is meat and drink to the Storm and Roosters. We will win nothing playing this way in the finals;
  • In spite of playing dull football, the Panther's never looked like losing. They were so in control the Bronco's were just driven backwards. The way they casually took the field goal was so clinical, it was like surgery. I expected Cleary to walk to a sink, peel of his surgical gloves, remove his medical gown and wash his hands, pausing only to tell nurse Tamou, "don't worry skipper, this patient is finished, you can sew them up now";
  • To give you an idea of just how good the Panther's forwards are, after yet another domination of the opposition, you should know that they currently top the NRL for post contact metres and are second for pre contact metres (Parramatta are first);
  • Kikau looks a bit rusty at the moment, still trying to get match fit, although not helped by "turn it inside ball" from Cleary. He made very little impact;
  • Consider this. JFH run for 259m as a prop/lock and made 32 tackles. Apparently, he looks like he needs a rest, with numbers like this I'm not surprised; and
  • Spencer Leniu run for 171m in 29 minutes! It is almost unfair to have both players in the same team. By way of comparison, seasoned veteran Tetavao took 39 minutes to make his 178m and he made two less tackles than Leniu. Leniu is 19! Wow, just wow.

Last edited:

ACTPanthers

Bench
Edwards 9
Mansour 7
Crichton 5
Naden 6
To’o 8
Luai 7
Cleary 7
Tamou 7
Api 7
Leota 7
Kikau 5
Martin 5
JFH 9

May 5
Leniu 9
Capewell 6
Tetevano 8

Notwithstanding the result, it was a boring game to watch. The Bronco's played much better with their returning stars on board and a simplified defensive plan. The Panthers played a very conservative game and played within themselves, only raising the tempo when they needed to score points to win the game. A couple of points:
  • Besides a couple of defensive lapses the Panther's dominated territory, with the Bronco's spending 64% of their time in their own half and making 700 fewer run metres. The domination wasn't turned into points though and the Bronco's stayed within winning range the entire game;
  • Statistical analysis of teams playing on five day turnarounds show that although their win rate isn't affected, they tend to play a more conservative game. This is evidenced by such things as fewer passes, offloads and a higher completion rate as the team takes less risks. This game was the poster child for proof of that, with the Panther's playing a dull, brutal, forward dominated game. The ball was turned inside so often I had to check my calendar to make sure it wasn't 2019 and that Trent Barrett was still the attacking coach. Kikau must have been thrilled at his reversion to the human battering ram role. This style of football might beat the lowly Bronco's, but it is meat and drink to the Storm and Roosters. We will win nothing playing this way in the finals;
  • In spite of playing dull football, the Panther's never looked like losing. They were so in control the Bronco's were just driven backwards. The way they casually took the field goal was so clinical, it was like surgery. I expected Cleary to walk to a sink, peel of his surgical gloves, remove his medical gown and wash his hands, pausing only to tell nurse Tamou, "don't worry skipper, this patience is finished, you can sew them up now";
  • To give you an idea of just how good the Panther's forwards are, after yet another domination of the opposition, you should know that they currently top the NRL for post contact metres and are second for pre contact metres (Parramatta are first);
  • Kikau looks a bit rusty at the moment, still trying to get match fit, although not helped by "turn it inside ball" from Cleary. He made very little impact;
  • Consider this. JFH run for 259m as a prop/lock and made 32 tackles. Apparently, he looks like he needs a rest, with numbers like this I'm not surprised; and
  • Spencer Leniu run for 171m in 29 minutes! It is almost unfair to have both players in the same team. By way of comparison, seasoned veteran Tetavao took 39 minutes to make his 178m and he made two less tackles than Leniu. Leniu is 19! Wow, just wow.
I couldn't have said it better myself mate (particularly the surgical analogy... I would never have thought of that ha ha)

WestyLife

First Grade
Edwards 9
Mansour 7
Crichton 5
Naden 6
To’o 8
Luai 7
Cleary 7
Tamou 7
Api 7
Leota 7
Kikau 5
Martin 5
JFH 9

May 5
Leniu 9
Capewell 6
Tetevano 8

• In spite of playing dull football, the Panther's never looked like losing. They were so in control the Bronco's were just driven backwards. The way they casually took the field goal was so clinical, it was like surgery. I expected Cleary to walk to a sink, peel of his surgical gloves, remove his medical gown and wash his hands, pausing only to tell nurse Tamou, "don't worry skipper, this patient is finished, you can sew them up now";

The part about 5 day turnaround is interesting. Will have to keep an eye on the games from now on to see how it is across the league.

My scores mostly copy frog because I couldn't bring myself to watch it twice lol.

Round 17 vs Broncos

Edwards 9
Mansour 6
Crichton 6
Naden 6
To'o 7
Luai 8
Cleary 7
Tamou 7
Koroisau 7
Leota 7
Kikau 6
Martin 6
Fisher-Harris 9

May 5
Leniu 9
Capewell 6
Tetevano 7.5

The_Frog

First Grade
Round 18 vs Parra

Edwards 8.5
Mansour 7
Crichton 7
Naden 7
To'o 7
Luai 8.5
Cleary 8.5
Tamou 7
Koroisau 7
Fisher-Harris 10
Kikau 6.5
Martin 7
Yeo 7

May 6.5
Leniu *
Leota 6.5
Tetevano 6.5

*Spencer Leniu played 2 minutes before being concussed, not rated.

Kilkenny

Coach
Round 18 vs Parra

Edwards 8.5
Mansour 7
Crichton 7
Naden 7
To'o 7
Luai 8.5
Cleary 8.5
Tamou 7
Koroisau 7
Fisher-Harris 10
Kikau 6.5
Martin 7
Yeo 7

May 6.5
Leniu *
Leota 6.5
Tetevano 6.5

*Spencer Leniu played 2 minutes before being concussed, not rated.

Im going to watch the game again before submitting my ratings but seriously the performance of Dylan Edwards was a close to perfect as you can get. JFH definitely a close 2nd for MOM but Dylan for mine was the clear standout.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Round 18 vs Parra

Edwards 9
Mansour 7
Crichton 7
Naden 7
To'o 8
Luai 9
Cleary 9
Tamou 7
Koroisau 8
Fisher-Harris 9
Kikau 6
Martin 8
Yeo 8

May 6
Leniu 5
Leota 6
Tetevano 6

Panther Pete

Juniors
Round 18 vs Parra

Edwards 9.5
Mansour 6
Crichton 6
Naden 7
To'o 5.5
Luai 8.5
Cleary 7
Tamou 5.5
Koroisau 7
Fisher-Harris 9.5
Kikau 7
Martin 7.5
Yeo 6

May 6
Leniu 5
Leota 6.5
Tetevano 6

WestyLife

First Grade
Round 18 vs Parra

Edwards 10
Mansour 7
Crichton 7
Naden 7
To'o 7
Luai 9
Cleary 8
Tamou 7
Koroisau 7
Fisher-Harris 10
Kikau 6
Martin 7
Yeo 7

May 5
Leniu N/A
Leota 6
Tetevano 6

I thought Edwards deserved a full 10. 300+ metres and is close to flawless in defence.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Edwards 9.5 (30 hit ups for 338 metres) Outstanding
Mansour 7
Crichton 7
Naden 7
To'o 7
Luai 8.5
Cleary 8.5
Tamou 7
Koroisau 7
Fisher-Harris 10 (This man is a machine. 77 minutes for a middle. 25 hit ups for 249 metres. 44 tackles 1 miss.
Kikau 6.5
Martin 7.5
Yeo 7

May 6
Leniu N/A
Leota 6.5
Tetevano 6

Kilkenny

Coach
Haven’t watched it again so I just rate what I can remember although it was a bid day/night.

Edwards 9
Mansour 8
Naden 7.
Crichton 7.
To’o 8
Luai 8.
Cleary 8.
Tamou 7.
Api 8.
JFH 9.
Kikau 6.5
Martin 7.5