What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ofahengaue

Mjab

Juniors
addo carr storm, tigers , deal is relying on a player replacement for storm, rabbits just announce Johnston is staying , two year rabbits deal
so addo carr still available
Sure happy swap with Norman or Saab

Shek is looking options reported in media for what thats worth SMH

possm

Coach
addo carr storm, tigers , deal is relying on a player replacement for storm, rabbits just announce Johnston is staying , two year rabbits deal
so addo carr still available
Swap one of our players we don't need for 2021;
Norman
Dufty
Saab

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
bTw
was it Joe who missed the tackle on both tries against the Broncos?

ie first one under the sticks and the second one with normie running at Joe ?

getsmarty

Immortal
The Mole: Brisbane prepared to let Joe Ofahengaue leave despite having two years to run on his contract

Joe Ofahengaue has two years left on a rich deal with the Broncos - but the club is likely to let him walk to sign with the Dragons in 2021.

The Broncos haven't been happy with 24-year-old Ofahengaue - at one stage rated league's next big thing - on or off the field this season.

The giant forward, who played State of Origin football only last season, started the year poorly, copping a two-match club suspension for a driving offence, and has never really shown his best form since.

The stats say it all - Ofahengaue has played 12 top grade games for the club in this season of disaster… and lost every one.

He has averaged only nine runs per game for 74 metres and doesn't have a single try assist or line break assist to his name.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fe2dc6bc8-bfb6-41c9-ae03-d9b400c90c57

Joe Ofahengaue played Origin in 2019. (AAP)
Ofahengaue was a promising teenager when Anthony Griffin coached the Broncos from 2011 to 2014 and the incoming Dragons coach believes he can re-ignite the passion in the Tongan Test prop.

He has made Ofahengaue his number one target for next season and the move could work well for both clubs.

The Dragons need an enforcer to replace Newcastle-bound Tyson Frizell while the Broncos need to adjust their roster.

The club has too many big men on their books and could use Ofahengaue's money to find themselves a playmaker - the area they have really struggled in this season.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...llawarra/d110f4fa-db6c-4b01-8c44-1f227a040161

Dragons 09

Juniors
I have watched a lot of Ofahengaue and it would be a bit of a "meh" signing for me. But the Drongo's need a play maker so i would be trying to negotiate a Norman/Ofahengaue trade deal with a bit of cash to square the deal away. I would be a little more pleased with an Ofahengaue signing on that basis.

Last edited:

blue bags

First Grade
I have watched a lot of Ofahengaue and it would be a bit of a "meh" signing for me. But the Drongo's need a play maker so i would be trying to negotiate a Norman/Ofahengaue trade deal with a bit of cash to square the deal away. I would be a little more please with an Ofahengaue signing on that basis.
OFAHE has links with GRIFFO from his bronco days ?

Dragons 09

Juniors
OFAHE has links with GRIFFO from his bronco days ?

I assume they had a little to do with each other, but he never made his NRL debut until the year after Griffin left the Bronc's so i don't imagine there was a huge involvement.

Then again, Griffin is not Mary so he may have been more involved with the lower grades than the impostor.

blue bags

First Grade
I assume they had a little to do with each other, but he never made his NRL debut until the year after Griffin left the Bronc's so i don't imagine there was a huge involvement.

Then again, Griffin is not Mary so he may have been more involved with the lower grades than the impostor.
griffo was involved big time in juniors at broncos, guess there is a connection, history