What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18, Penrith Panthers Vs Para Eewls

betcats

Referee
Getting ahead of myself here. But in 2021 I'd prefer to see Tetevano start if Tamou walks. I'm sure Leniu could start but he would be a real impact player for us off the bench. He could still play 50-60 minutes.

Think the way RCG was used back in the day. Very effective off the bench. If Leniu and Leota both churn out consistent performances like last week against the Broncos then we would have amazing punch off the bench.

If it isnt Spencer Id like it to be Leota tbh, (If Tamou does leave). Tetevano is well placed off the bench I think, I am not sure he can bring the same impact to a starting role. I think Spencer could bring the impact he is showing off the bench to a starting role and his defence is very strong he doesnt miss tackles and he drives guys back a lot. Whichever two of the three are on the bench they will provide good impact but I think Spencer is the most likely to actually add something to the starting side.

maple_69

Bench
I’m really interested to see if we do run Burton as a legit lock after this off season. Edwards (pending injuries issues) looks to be claiming the fullback spot with his defence, support play, kick returns and positioning. He’s had flashes of great hands out the back but potentially if you injected Burton floating into 2nd/3rd receiver it could make our attack that much slicker. Sure we lose a bit of go forward but Leniu/JFH/Leota/Yeo still looks a mean middle and maybe we’re a better balanced side that doesn’t need to spend the whole game in the opposition half to win.

MugaB

Coach
Burton, if my memory serves me correctly, played zero minutes in that game. Spencer, assuming he does play, will go extremely well.
The 10 minute period where eels ran thru to win the game, was burton and Chricton on the same edge, i think that was the game where Capewell came off in the 2nd minute with his injury, so as far as squad goes Ivan welcomed a seasoned Tyrone May with open arms knowing we wouldn't have to have Matt burton covering an edge next to another rookie in Crichton...
Im not suprised Capewell is droped this week, has nothing to do with his performance, moreso a learning curve for Ivans coaching, think about this, round 5 eels win, the only game he can guage a real negative to "fix" any issues in the squad, capewell injuried in 2nd minute, wont be doing that again! Tick!
Burton as the Utility no.14, won't be doing that again! Tick!, add in 1st grade Fullback, 1st grade Utility, emergence of Brent Naden as Centre/Wing option should injuries occur. HOME ground advantage, AND all tickets purchased by PENRITH Members. The megaphone wont be nessesary, waste of electricity when you wont be able to hear it..

Plus we win this, the Minor Premiership is done, there is too much advantage swinging our way, Ivan won't want to jeopardise, doing anything similar to round 5 that cannot be helped, there is no need to play Burton, Capewell or Aekins. Whare is another week away, The core team thats been winning the 12 straight is more important to keep fresh than dilute with random changes
videotogif_2020.09.10_05.53.45.gif

Last edited:

Jane Murray

Bench
The 10 minute period where eels ran thru to win the game, was burton and Chricton on the same edge, i think that was the game where Capewell came off in the 2nd minute with his injury, so as far as squad goes Ivan welcomed a seasoned Tyrone May with open arms knowing we wouldn't have to have Matt burton covering an edge next to another rookie in Crichton...
Im not suprised Capewell is droped this week, has nothing to do with his performance, moreso a learning curve for Ivans coaching, think about this, round 5 eels win, the only game he can guage a real negative to "fix" any issues in the squad, capewell injuried in 2nd minute, wont be doing that again! Tick!
Burton as the Utility no.14, won't be doing that again! Tick!, add in 1st grade Fullback, 1st grade Utility, emergence of Brent Naden as Centre/Wing option should injuries occur. HOME ground advantage, AND all tickets purchased by PENRITH Members. The megaphone wont be nessesary, waste of electricity when you wont be able to hear it..

Plus we win this, the Minor Premiership is done, there is too much advantage swinging our way, Ivan won't want to jeopardise, doing anything similar to round 5 that cannot be helped, there is no need to play Burton, Capewell or Aekins. Whare is another week away, The core team thats been winning the 12 straight is more important to keep fresh than dilute with random changes
View attachment 41836
I would be shocked if Capewell doesn't play.

betcats

Referee

View attachment 41836

Burton didn’t come on until after the second try and the third try wasn’t his fault at all. After the second try Burton came on for Luai I’m 100 percent on that. It was Crichton who got torn apart and Luai was on for the two running tries, the third try that Burton was on for was off a kick that Aekins should have made a better play at despite a bad bounce.

The narrative around Burtons defence is becoming a joke if he is getting blamed for tries he was sitting on the bench for.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Perthaps LU did a word count of the most mentioned team in the forums and it inspired them to provide content accordingly.
It'd be Dragons wall to wall if that were the case, then Eels, Raiders... then maybe Penrith.

WestyLife

First Grade

View attachment 41836

Burton didn’t come on until after the second try and the third try wasn’t his fault at all. After the second try Burton came on for Luai I’m 100 percent on that. It was Crichton who got torn apart and Luai was on for the two running tries, the third try that Burton was on for was off a kick that Aekins should have made a better play at despite a bad bounce.

The narrative around Burtons defence is becoming a joke if he is getting blamed for tries he was sitting on the bench for.

That edge was Kikau > Luai > Crichton > Mansour for the two tries when Crichton was run over. Burton was there for the kick at the end only.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/12/match-highlights-eels-v-panthers/

kinghippo

Juniors
I think we are picking our strongest team this week.
Capewell May be part of that strongest team soon but he hasn’t got enough match fitness for it just yet.
If he is overlooked he will probably be scheduled for 80 minutes the following 2 weeks.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
I think we are picking our strongest team this week.
Capewell May be part of that strongest team soon but he hasn’t got enough match fitness for it just yet.
If he is overlooked he will probably be scheduled for 80 minutes the following 2 weeks.

Depends what the planned makeup is

murraymob

Coach
upsurge of what?
There will always be plenty of mentions of Penrith now with how well we are going but also with the amount of player potentially moving to there club
Either way we don’t care they can look above them on the ladder .up the panthers

WestyLife

First Grade
There will always be plenty of mentions of Penrith now with how well we are going but also with the amount of player potentially moving to there club
Either way we don’t care they can look above them on the ladder .up the panthers

Not sure about LU but elsewhere other club's fans are hoping to sign pretty much any Panthers player in the top 30 as soon as they don't play a game.