What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

Mjab

Juniors
It's a good move to bring him in on the wing. A lot of good fullbacks started that way.

Raiders first up isn't an easy one though. Hope this forum forgives the inevitable errors and he gets the last three games to settle in.
Agree
he needs the last 3 games there now , no dropping him

ALSGI

Bench
A very left field selection for Clone
& a suckup to Hook IMO

But can’t wait to see Zac & Cody together,
then Max at No3 next week

... so Turnstile can self-flush
& start working on his dodgy hand/eye coordination for the haka
Bit harsh, but I like it

kit66

Bench
I’d rather he consign JP to reserves than RAVA.

Why would you want to get rid of JP, the back who gets us great metres when we need them and has more post contact metres than anyone else in our team and who will really come to life under a decent coach and with a decent centre partner instead of the brain dead Aitken. Rava's OK when he's not dropping balls or missing tackles but I'm salivating at the prospect of a Lomax / Ramsey wing-centre combo.

LINESPEED

Juniors
It's a good move to bring him in on the wing. A lot of good fullbacks started that way.

Raiders first up isn't an easy one though. Hope this forum forgives the inevitable errors and he gets the last three games to settle in.

Agree - it’s all now about engendering the confidence that allows him to develop & play freely with his extraordinary flair.

Mullins-like for sure, but there’s something of Changa in his step.

He’ll be targeted & bombed Sat - as is the norm for a debutante.
Hope the shoulder’s OK

Our backline would hum with Zac, Cody, Max & Tristan in full flight
Bring it on!

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Good luck to Cody, I hope he has a really good game.

However, that video was cringeworthy.

Every second word beeped out (nice for the youngsters watching). I particularly chuckled when:
1. Young says "what are you doing at 3pm on Saturday"? And,
2. When Cody calls his family the voice says "when are you playing?"

Looks like our marketing.department were trying for that Xerri moment when he was told of his debut. Unfortunately, it fell veey flat.

Again, good luck to Cody.

ALSGI

Bench
Why would you want to get rid of JP, the back who gets us great metres when we need them and has more post contact metres than anyone else in our team and who will really come to life under a decent coach and with a decent centre partner instead of the brain dead Aitken. Rava's OK when he's not dropping balls or missing tackles but I'm salivating at the prospect of a Lomax / Ramsey wing-centre combo.
I don’t want to get rid of JP I just said I’d rather RAVA, much more upside imo. JP is an honest Winger no doubt, but we need better.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
I wonder if anyone has thought to give JP a try at left centre. I can see that he tries hard and can bust a tackle or two. His main problem is he just does not have the speed to be a top grade winger. Having said all of that, it is a near impossible task for any winger to shine playing outside Aitken; even Lomax looked poor playing outside of him.

This week it won't be JP who Ramsey replaces, it will be Ravalawa who has been extended long term by the Club. So it maybe that in coming games it will be JP who gives way for Ramsey. Then again, it may be Dufty as Ramsey's preferred position is fullback.

So, good luck to Ramsey, I really hope he kills it and cements a spot in the top 13.

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
Our team lacks solid defence, blockbusting forwards, a penetrative five-eighth and speedy backs apart from Dufty, Lomax and Ramsey. Norman is uninspirational. Ford and Host need solid game time to keep their form steady.
Goes to show how bad our game plans have been under Mary and Co , when you have one of the fastest hardest working second rower in the game ( Fritz ) used as a battering ram ..... Hardly ever broke the line , didn't score many tries , he got to the stage where he was so predictable cutting back inside most of the time ..... No wonder he wanted out ...... A shame that he wont be around to play under a coach with some sort of game plan .....

Old Timer

Coach
Best wishes to the young fellow on his NRL debut.

I truly hope he gets to enjoy the experience as no doubt it will all happen very quickly and he needs to stay focussed and savour the moment.

Great that he has Zac with him as Zac is incredibly well grounded and level headed at such a young age

possm

Coach
Best wishes to the young fellow on his NRL debut.

I truly hope he gets to enjoy the experience as no doubt it will all happen very quickly and he needs to stay focussed and savour the moment.

Great that he has Zac with him as Zac is incredibly well grounded and level headed at such a young age
Yes, I'm really looking forward to see how Ramsey goes outside Lomax. Ramsey will be so hungry that he and Lomax will give their opposition no rest under the high bombs coming their way this game.

possm

Coach
I very much liked seeing Ramsey being given the news of his selection in this weeks game against the Raiders. I hope the Dragons keep showing clips like this as fans appreciate getting an insight into the reaction of the player concerned.

Things seem to be looking up these day and Possm is very happy at long last.