What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

rasaint

Juniors
Look it’s left field but Jordan P is such a strong runner and makes tremendous metres; why not a back rower. His tackling is also strong and weighs in around 96 kg. He is like a little cannonball. Reckon he could power over in the middle close to the line.

ALSGI

Bench
Look it’s left field but Jordan P is such a strong runner and makes tremendous metres; why not a back rower. His tackling is also strong and weighs in around 96 kg. He is like a little cannonball. Reckon he could power over in the middle close to the line.
Worth a shot, train him there in the off season wouldn’t let anyone down.

Belta

Juniors
Only seen him in the 9s. Of course it’s hard to judge and many come through as prospects but just don’t make it. I’m hopeful and based only my observations limited as they are is that one thing, one very important thing stood out for me with this kid. I watched as he committed himself %100 to every high ball, to every run and appeared to back himself. This level of nervous energy isn’t always met with instant success and can have downsides but to me that gives him a chance of being something special. His interview reminded me of how he plays. Finger crossed he gets his job done against a very tough opponent.

Dragonslayer

First Grade

As long as Dufty ia fb and we have rookies such as Ramsey on the other wing, JP will always be picked as he is the only one who can realistically carry the ball back or take a tough hit up whilst the forwards get back on side.

As for Ramsey, I expect him to be targeted deluxe tomorrow. I'm glad Young saud to him him that he's not expecting too much which will take the pressure off somewhat. He matches up against the Raiders recent rookie in Valemei, which will suit him.

The match up thats most interesting is JP v Cotric.

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons' coach Dean Young has the utmost faith in debutant Cody Ramsey
  • Local Sport
    r0_201_4300_2619_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

MUST-SEE TV: Molong youngster Cody Ramsey will make his NRL debut this weekend after putting on a show in this year's Auckland Nines.
    He's only been at the helm of the St George Illawarra Dragons for three weeks but Red V veteran Dean Young didn't need to think twice about what the highlight of his young coaching career has been so far - giving Cody Ramsey his first professional start.

The premiership-winning hardman took the reins of the Dragons in the wake of Paul McGregor's departure and had the pleasure of making the announcement to the 20-year-old on Tuesday.

"It was really special," Young said.
    "To see a kid who works so hard on his game and the story behind it.

"When he was playing under 20s he was living in Heathcote and getting up at 4am in the morning, driving to Liverpool, going to work all day then making the trip to Wollongong to train.

"He was the best trainer there and didn't get home until 9pm and he'd wake up and do it all again the next day."

Ramsey's (literally) got big shoes to fill as he'll step in for Mikaele Ravalawa who was given a week off in the wake of the loss at North Queensland.
    And while Young knows how good Ramsey can be at the top grade, he isn't putting the weight of the world on his shoulders ahead of his first NRL game.

"I'm not expecting the world of him," he said.

"I know he's going to go out there and do what he does on the training paddock and that's give his best.

"The boys are rapt for him."

Cody Ramsey is one of 13 starting players that will need to collectively lift for the Canberra clash as the loss against the Cowboys last time out wasn't good enough.

"We worked on our fundamentals on Tuesday because that's what cost us against the Cowboys," he said. "It's our last game at WIN Stadium so we want to go out there and put on a show for the fans."
    Saturday's clash represents a really tough task for the Dragons as they'll welcome the Canberra Raiders to town, a team that's only gotten better after losing one of their most influential players.

"For them to lose their best player in Josh Hodgson and keep rolling on shows how resilient they are," he said. "We need to be switched on."

One of the areas of focus ahead of the tilt will be centred around Ramsey as Young wants to stifle Canberra's wing duo of Nick Cotric and Jordan Rapana.

But the Green Machine's halves duo might be more threatening than that one as the Wighton-Williams combo has improved rapidly since the season resumption.

"They're going to throw a lot of dummies and run the ball," he said. "We need to address that because they're coming."

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I’m super excited for today. Thanks to Young for giving us a reason to watch what would otherwise be a nothing game. Perfect game to debut him. At Wollongong where he’s based, outside a proficient centre and up against Valemi who is a relative rookie himself. Last time I was this excited to watch a junior debut was M.Gasnier vs Newcastle, a game he won with a late try in the right corner coincidentally.

George Dragon

Juniors
Good luck to Cody, I hope he has a really good game.

However, that video was cringeworthy.

Every second word beeped out (nice for the youngsters watching). I particularly chuckled when:
1. Young says "what are you doing at 3pm on Saturday"? And,
2. When Cody calls his family the voice says "when are you playing?"

Looks like our marketing.department were trying for that Xerri moment when he was told of his debut. Unfortunately, it fell veey flat.

Again, good luck to Cody.
His Dad Jamie was embarrassed by that, he didn't know it was being recorded.

LINESPEED

Juniors
I’m super excited for today. Thanks to Young for giving us a reason to watch what would otherwise be a nothing game. Perfect game to debut him. At Wollongong where he’s based, outside a proficient centre and up against Valemi who is a relative rookie himself. Last time I was this excited to watch a junior debut was M.Gasnier vs Newcastle, a game he won with a late try in the right corner coincidentally.

Onya Cody

Let the Conservatives go suck on that

Puff

First Grade
I know someone involved with Cody, and he will be very happy today.

One thing he said to me prior to his debut, was that he would give it a massive crack, he might make mistakes, but he will give it 250%. And I think we can see that with him pumping himself up as well as his teammates.

Well in so far kid, keep it up

Gippsy

Bench
He looks the goods doesn't he? In fact, he looked our most dangerous player for each of the 2 or 3 times they gave him the ball.