What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Mjab

Juniors
Fox sports saying we are 1 of 3 teams interested in Asiata (Titams and Tigers the others).

Would be a good pick up as I see him as a LAM type forward. Issue is he wants to play lock.
I like Asiata

not sure how Tigers can fit him if they are getting Tamou and JAC
not sure re the Titans salary cap as well
so maybe we are functionally in the running as we are cashed up

If JDB is playing we can always play JBD at 5/8 instead of Norman :)

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Great offload for second phase which we desperately need.
Adam Cuthbertson averaged 4 offloads a game in 2011 coming off the bench for us. Although he didn’t make massive metres himself he did through effective offloads.
He sure did; great point! It’s why I feel the metrics around metres should be brushed or at least develop a new measure that recognises the value of this skill.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Report on Twitter by David Riccio that Flanagan, Shepherd and Pickworth have been told there services are not required next year.

Actually happy about this.

We need a clean slate, especially with Pickers, he's been here too long.

If other rumours of Young looking elsewhere are fact then it appears Hook and the CEO are really cleaning out our lethargy.

Report on Twitter by David Riccio that Flanagan, Shepherd and Pickworth have been told there services are not required next year.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/63901c06d8a78ada3659f1954fc44f68

NRL 2020: Shane Flangan departs Dragons as Anthony Griffin’s overhaul continues
David Riccio, The Daily Telegraph
September 11, 2020 2:05pm

Subscriber only
Shane Flanagan will become the most-qualified assistant coach on the open-market with the premiership-winner’s stint at St George-Illawarra over.

Flanagan is among a number of staff to be told they will not be required next year under the new regime of incoming Dragons coach Anthony Griffin.

The 2016 premiership-winning coach and fellow Dragons assistant coach James Shepherd will finish at the Red-V this season after being appointed this year to work alongside former coach Paul McGregor.

Kayo is your ticket to the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership. Watch every game Live & On-Demand with no-ad breaks during play. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

2cf224364d9bd9c9d9d003fd6a0c87f2

Shane Flanagan has been let go by the Dragons. Picture: Dan Himbrechts/AAP
Dragons high-performance manager Nathan Pickworth has also been informed he won’t be re-signed beyond this year.

MORE IN sport
f9d7abfb9620a37bf1a02943488f6513

Disbelief at Aussie’s US Open interview
Disbelief at Aussie’s US Open interview

bede4de1cf7a0624ddbaf82c3f804d8e

Unplugged: Seven pulling the pin on cricket coverage
Unplugged: Seven pulling the pin on cricket coverage

similars

Caretaker coach Dean Young is contracted to the club until the end of 2021 and is expected to be part of Griffin’s staff.

ALSGI

Bench

If other rumours of Young looking elsewhere are fact then it appears Hook and the CEO are really cleaning out our lethargy.
Mate a bit harsh on Pickers I reckon without knowing all the inside info. I reckon he was between a rock and a hard place with instructions on who was fit and who wasn’t.
Flanno/Sheppard - different gravy train, move ‘em on, clean slate.

The fallout for coaching assistants and “low performance” staff was inevitable.

would have preferred it if Deano was also moved on. He needs external experience.

Let’s hope the roster is cleared out and replaced by better and younger players.

happy to see some juniors make the grade but we need some hard heads with mongrel for 2021.

BLM01

First Grade

But It will be more likely Young is too young or to frightened to leave the safety net of the nest
Flanno will go to Chooks
Who in the NRL will want Dean anyway.
Holbrook?

Dragon David

First Grade
Flanagan and Shepherd were only employed by the Dragons to help Mary out and now that he has gone, goodbye to them. I don't think that they added too much to our overall performances and I think that towards the end of Mary's tenure, Flanagan started losing interest.

I think that Dean Young should also get outside experience to see if he can be his own man without the Dragons influence.

Griffin is capable of coaching without the ones going. A good attacking coach for us would be handy.