What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm all for re-signing Benji if we can move Reynolds on. If not, then it's just not feesible carrying both to play reserve grade, given that Doueihi will likely move to 5/8, or Mbye to 5/8 and Doueihi to left centre.

If we sign JAC and he kills it at fullback their will be a massive reshuffle and Benji/Reynolds won't have a place

Front-Rower

First Grade
‘Epitome of passion’: Wests Tigers fans launch petition urging club to keep Benji Marshall

September 11, 2020 3:37pm
George Clarke
Source: FOX SPORTS

Tigers fans pleading the keep hold of premiership-winning playmaker Benji Marshall have launched a petition in the hope club hierarchy reverse their decision to let him leave for 2021.

The Tigers said they wouldn’t be keeping him beyond this season with club CEO Justin Pascoe saying: “the reality with our roster management is that he will not be with Wests Tigers next year”.

Marshall, however, learned that he was no longer wanted by the Tigers in the papers the day before Pascoe’s public statement.

Speaking on NRL360 that same week, the Kiwi international said : “If anything I was a bit disappointed the way I found out, reading it in the paper. That was a little bit disappointing for me.”

“I had a good chat with the coach; he laid out where I stood. I appreciated the honesty, I can finish the season and then both parties will move on. It was pretty normal (the chat with Maguire).

Coach Michael Maguire described the decision to tell Marshall he wouldn’t be re-signed for 2021 as one of the hardest calls of his career.

But now Tigers fans have urged the club to keep hold of the legendary playmaker.

After being online for an hour, the petition had already attracted north of 500 votes.

“This isn’t the way to treat a club legend,” wrote Kathie Trypas, who established the petition. “Benji deserves to play as a TIGER for his final season in 2021.

“Fans, let’s show the Wests Tigers board, management and coaching staff how passionate we are to keep Benji a TIGER in 2021!”

A number of other fans chipped in with their reasoning why the club should not let the 300-gamer leave.

“I’m signing this petition because we at Wests Tigers do not treat the legends of our club like this,” wrote Jason Marmara.

“We give them the chance to leave with the pride and dignity in which they represented our club with.

“He still has the talent and leadership to take our club to the finals & deserves every chance to do that in 2021.”

Kellie Roser wrote: “Benji is the epitome of passion, loyalty and a true legend.

“You treated him poorly the first time you shafted him and he still came back and played with pride.

“You don’t treat anybody who exhibits his pride and love of the Wests Tigers like this.

“Who ever made this decision should be appalled by it, because I got one am disgusted!”

While Tony Murphy added:” You can’t not sign the one bloke that creates most of our tries.”

Biggest load of rubbish I’ve read in my life. Bye bye Benji, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Old tiger 79

Juniors
Biggest load of rubbish I’ve read in my life. Bye bye Benji, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.[/QUOTE]

f**k you merkin, you should take A bit of you’re own advise. If Benji wants another year let him & make his prove it!

Tigerm

First Grade
‘Epitome of passion’: Wests Tigers fans launch petition urging club to keep Benji Marshall

September 11, 2020 3:37pm
George Clarke
Source: FOX SPORTS

Tigers fans pleading the keep hold of premiership-winning playmaker Benji Marshall have launched a petition in the hope club hierarchy reverse their decision to let him leave for 2021.

The Tigers said they wouldn’t be keeping him beyond this season with club CEO Justin Pascoe saying: “the reality with our roster management is that he will not be with Wests Tigers next year”.

Marshall, however, learned that he was no longer wanted by the Tigers in the papers the day before Pascoe’s public statement.

Speaking on NRL360 that same week, the Kiwi international said : “If anything I was a bit disappointed the way I found out, reading it in the paper. That was a little bit disappointing for me.”

“I had a good chat with the coach; he laid out where I stood. I appreciated the honesty, I can finish the season and then both parties will move on. It was pretty normal (the chat with Maguire).

Coach Michael Maguire described the decision to tell Marshall he wouldn’t be re-signed for 2021 as one of the hardest calls of his career.

But now Tigers fans have urged the club to keep hold of the legendary playmaker.

After being online for an hour, the petition had already attracted north of 500 votes.

“This isn’t the way to treat a club legend,” wrote Kathie Trypas, who established the petition. “Benji deserves to play as a TIGER for his final season in 2021.

“Fans, let’s show the Wests Tigers board, management and coaching staff how passionate we are to keep Benji a TIGER in 2021!”

A number of other fans chipped in with their reasoning why the club should not let the 300-gamer leave.

“I’m signing this petition because we at Wests Tigers do not treat the legends of our club like this,” wrote Jason Marmara.

“We give them the chance to leave with the pride and dignity in which they represented our club with.

“He still has the talent and leadership to take our club to the finals & deserves every chance to do that in 2021.”

Kellie Roser wrote: “Benji is the epitome of passion, loyalty and a true legend.

“You treated him poorly the first time you shafted him and he still came back and played with pride.

“You don’t treat anybody who exhibits his pride and love of the Wests Tigers like this.

“Who ever made this decision should be appalled by it, because I got one am disgusted!”

While Tony Murphy added:” You can’t not sign the one bloke that creates most of our tries.”

Biggest load of rubbish I’ve read in my life. Bye bye Benji, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
500 signatures, my god, can’t believe this is getting any air by news groups, except of course it is us and Benji.

Front-Rower

First Grade

f**k you merkin, you should take A bit of you’re own advise. If Benji wants another year let him & make his prove it![/QUOTE]

Next year, next year , next year!!!! Tigers fans since 1989

magpie_man

Juniors
AJ now staying at Souths and Saab might be going to Manly; even if we do land JAC I'd still love another speedster in our backline.
Hopefully we've still got Charlie Staines on the radar.

Latest posts