What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY thread (11/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Our attack is no better with those 2 spine players on the field. They wouldn't have made alot of difference tonight.

Our attack was poor because we had no field position. There a couple of reasons, but those 2 wouId help massively with that.

Stones service was ok, but no where near as good as Mahoney. His service didn’t help with pushing our middle forward. It cost us field position. Mahoney fixes that (plenty of other stuff Mahoney helps with to, such as his defence controlling the middle so panthers don’t get as good field position)

On Drown, field didn’t do anything wrong, but it’s basically Moses responsibility to do eveything. Drown takes some control and puts questions in the opposition who to target. Plus his running game. Thus better field position.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Our attack was poor because we had no field. There a couple of reasons, but those 2 wouId help massively with that.

Stones service was ok, but no where near as good as Mahoney. His service didn’t help with pushing our middle forward. It cost us field position. Mahoney fixes that (plenty of other stuff Mahoney helps with to, such as his defence controlling the middle so panthers don’t get as good field position)

On Drown, field didn’t do anything wrong, but it’s basically Moses responsibility to do eveything. Drown takes some control and puts questions in the opposition who to target. Plus his running game. Thus better field position.
So what happened when they were all fit.

Chipmunk

Coach
Our attack was poor because we had no field. There a couple of reasons, but those 2 wouId help massively with that.

So what is your excuse for the attack for the last 2 months with Mahoney and Drown in the team?

It's been atrocious.

Lethal

Juniors
This peanut of a coach needs to make changes.If he rolls the same side bar Mahoney returning he is clueless.....

Sivo has to go and Taka needs to be added. Atleast he brings attack. He goes to centre. Blake to wing.
I like the idea of W.Smith at 6 also. Jai Field offers nothing at all.
Also might be worth recalling Alvaro for Evans
Flanagan went onto the market today, we need to move heaven and earth to get him here.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon every opposition now knows our (only) pattern in attack and just load up defensively. They know who is getting the ball on every tackle , sprint out of the tine and just get numbers in the tackle. Most teams worked us out 2 months ago.

Just need BA to unleash the trick plays...

In 2009 nothing was happening in attack. So we developed offloads.
BA must bring in all players who can offload. And play high risk and support play footy. We may get flogged but passes may stick and we hit a purple patch and win.
No point persisting with this garbage.

Taka,Jnr,Davey,Gower all need to be in this side. Hate to say it but also EVANS. It is our only hope. Bit of jungle ball. W.Smith in bench also for some spark.
Sivo has to go. Kafusi and Stone may need to be replaced with offloading weapons.

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
I think people need to stop “creaming their pants” regarding our defence because I have seen 10 yr olds with better attack, we’ve run a good race until now, has anybody given thought how they will score a point against the top sides, because panthers dropped plenty in first half and we didn’t make into their 20, so stop pissing on abt our defence and think hard how on how are we going to score a point? I see the boys love playing for Brad because they know no matter how sihit they play it will be a cut and paste every week, a decent coach would drop

lane
Blake
Sivo
Ferguson
Jennings
Moses
Field to start with

we have a squad of 30 ?

hindy111

Post Whore
We could be back here in 3 weeks time (1 v 4 in the finals)

We will have Reed and Niukore back, possibly DBrown

Lets see Penrith have 65% of the possession then - different ball game

They'd have to be concerned how dominant they where. Bar KE poor display its 2 tries. And one off a bomb. The other doesn't happen if game wasn't over.

Happy MEel

First Grade
BA must bring in all players who can offload. And play high risk and support play footy. We may get flogged but passes may stick and we hit a purple patch and win.

Taka,Jnr,Davey,Gower all need to be in this side. Hate to say it but also EVANS. It is our only hope. Bit of jungle ball. W.Smith in bench also for some spark.
Sivo has to go. Kafusi and Stone may need to be replaced with offloading weapons.
Spot on. Dare I say it “Parra ball”.

I reckon this is our best chance at turning our attack around:

1. Gutho
2. Gennings
3. Jennings
4. Taka
5. Fergo
6. Drown/Salmon
7. Moses
8. Paulo
9. Mahoney
10. RCG
11. Matto
12. Davey
13. Nrown

14. Smith
15. Lane
16. Kaufusi
17. Gower

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade

Eels are leading the NRL for offloads with 240. The Tigers are second with 174.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Imagine how dangerous we will be when we actually do some training in attack!!!

BA is just hiding all these amazing moves just waiting to unleash them in the finals.

Ambush incoming!!!

Eelctrifying

Juniors
I think people need to stop “creaming their pants” regarding our defence because I have seen 10 yr olds with better attack, we’ve run a good race until now, has anybody given thought how they will score a point against the top sides, because panthers dropped plenty in first half and we didn’t make into their 20, so stop pissing on abt our defence and think hard how on how are we going to score a point? I see the boys love playing for Brad because the know how sit the play it will be a cut and paste every week, a decent coach would drop

lane
Blake
Sivo
Ferguson
Jennings
Moses
Field to start with

we have a squad of 30 ?

Drop 6 players at this time of the season... Yeah I'm just as pissed off with that game as anyone but let's get real.

We all need to remember while we are shit at the moment we have won a lot of games. We can find form again.. these players have shown they are better.

Need to discover it fast, but it could be worse... we were f**king wooden spooners 2 years ago. Or worse we could be the Broncos right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.