What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY thread (11/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joely01

Bench
Drop 6 players at this time of the season... Yeah I'm just as pissed off with that game as anyone but let's get real.

We all need to remember while we are shit at the moment we have won a lot of games. We can find form again.. these players have shown they are better.

Need to discover it fast, but it could be worse... we were f**king wooden spooners 2 years ago. Or worse we could be the Broncos right now.

100%!!!

Noise

Coach
That’s true, but I reckon quite a few of those were trying to force an error when we needed the ball.
Played a full game didn't he?

We had to get through alot of defence in general. It's probably not a surprise given the circumstances.

No one in the team should be missing 9 tackles under any circumstances. He obviosuly shouldn;t be playing 80minutes.

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
The Panthers will be destroyed by a good team in the finals. Roosters and Storm will not let them dominate and will wrestle twice as good as they are being allowed to right now and will force way more errors than we did.

They are going to get a pretty big shock in either week one or the prelim when they are embarrassed by a professional, clinical team.
I don’t think u should worry too much for Penrith did u see their opposition?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I was happy we had a dig but there is a big difference in class.

I reckon we will play them again in the first week of the finals. We'll lose that game, win our next one and then get beaten by the Storm or the Roosters the following week.

Joely01

Bench
They just bashed us so easy. We couldn't make ground. I feel our bqcks had no punch and lack and zazz

exactly, yet people are losing their s**t over the attack! Name me 3 times tonight we had genuine attacking chances? We didn’t.
These sorts of games happen, and it’s important to look at the players attitude, turning up for each other.
It was there, this could’ve easily been a 50-2 score line.

Chipmunk

Coach
No one in the team should be missing 9 tackles under any circumstances. He obviosuly shouldn;t be playing 80minutes.

Probably shouldn't be playing 80 minutes, but I'd feel pretty worried if Evans, Kaufusi or Davies had to play any more minutes than they had to tonight.

What's the alternative?

hindy111

Post Whore
It's funny how Gronk comments during game day threads and then disappears after every match, and then turns up the next morning accusing everyone of making post match emotional comments.

My bet is he is reading the instructions and watching YouTube videos on how to use his new gernie. Someone tell him to turn the bloody hose on

Dibs

Bench
The 2nd tackle of the match set the tone for me. We had them trapped in their 10 and lane just lies there. The next 10 or so minutes we were starting every set inside our 10. Some good points made about our backs not getting our sets off to a good start but it’s never easy inside your own 10. A set restart or two was deserved but not given in these circumstances. To much one out from our middle. We need bodies in motion to attract defenders. The amount of times penrith got 4 in a tackle was ridiculous.

The first time we attack the king is waving to the camera when Moses hits him on the chest with the ball. Someone said Moses shouldn’t have thrown it. Why not? He was in a little space, I agree it didn’t look like much was on but it was a better option than Moses getting tackled.

Kane f*ck off to Warriors already Evans thinks he is such a tough man. He stands over the tackled player with a minute to go and gives up a set restart. For his size he is actually a pussy. We go in leading bar that. Penrith would have been down on confidence but right on half time they get a boost.

We get into an arm wrestle in the second half and Lane drops the ball. For pretty much the rest of the half we were on the back foot. It’s only one of many mistakes but it was the one that gave penrith the momentum.

To many stupid mistakes that good teams don’t make or at least limit. Like gutho not bothering to attempt to catch the kick for the second try. We cut them out and we get more attacking opportunities. We may not have used them but I’d rather be shitty of our attack being inept then not getting enough chances to try.

Once they score that second try we we no chance. To much energy expended defending. Having said that why would you not take a short drop out with just over 3 minutes to go? I know we were not going to go the length of the field but you got to at least try. Then off the kick off after the penalty goal. Why no short kick off? They were playing for a 12 point loss, not good enough.

People bagging Moses, I get it. Cleary is clearly a better half and I thought this at the start of the season when most were bagging him and blowing Moses. If you swap them tonight and we would be saying Cleary is a downhill skier and how good was Moses. He copped some shit for his kicking game I thought was unfair. He was on the back foot most of the time deep in his own half. Most of the time the only reason we had some field position was how deep he kicked it. Hard to find touch in those situations. Better kick chase would help also. He certainly needs to take a few more risks, especially towards the back of the game. He has gone from trying to score off every play to not trying anything.

Lastly what the f*ck is the go with Sutton? I have no issue with any restart calls against us bar the first one he gave in the second half. However I seen plenty he should have given us. Luai spent the whole game tackling around the head, not one penalty. We had a lot of bad luck with some of the six to go calls but I have no problem that they were the right calls. But we got none of the 50/50 calls while defending our line, or at least that’s how it felt.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Drop 6 players at this time of the season... Yeah I'm just as pissed off with that game as anyone but let's get real.

We all need to remember while we are shit at the moment we have won a lot of games. We can find form again.. these players have shown they are better.

Need to discover it fast, but it could be worse... we were f**king wooden spooners 2 years ago. Or worse we could be the Broncos right now.
So we ignore the fact that every other club has worked out our attack and keep plodding along because these players have “shown they are better”.

I’m sure this is BA’s thinking but the fact of the matter is, this team is poorly coached in attack and will keep producing similar output until something changes.

I think 10 weeks is a decent enough sample size.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
For all the mediocre merkins here using our missing spine players as an excuse, do you guys think that game plan will work in a semi final?????

definitely not a excuse. Panthers were to good night!

And they could still be to good with our spine players.

However my point is our attack wasn’t great tonight as we had no field position. Generally sides don’t attack to much come out of their half. But our spine players would help would with getting better field position (with some other adjustments) thus our attack wouId be better.

anyhow its my opinion we will do the panthers in week one of the finals. The boys will have confidence from their defensive effort and panthers won’t get that much field position in round 3....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts