What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18, Penrith Panthers Vs Para Eewls

Jane Murray

Bench
What a win. We rushed a few things in attack in the first half, but our defence and domination of field position was incredible.

The beauty of this win too is that now it is very likely that we play Parra in week one of the finals.
Gutherson was already talking about revenge, so it appears, he thinks the same.

Kilkenny

Coach
It was a tad frustrating in the 1st half to only go in 6-2 in front given the total dominance of the performance.

Really happy with the win our defence was outstanding even if we should have won by much more.

Kilkenny

Coach
What can you say about Dylan Edwards? There were discussions on here he was not good enough, not a ball playing fullback, he was a weakness in our spine.

Dylan is a freak, almost 300 running metres this evening, perfectly positioned for every bomb/kick and brought the ball back with gusto every time. Our back three were enormous but I have to say I wouldn’t swap Dylan Edwards for any other fullback in the competition. Given what he earns compared to the supposed big guns he delivers more bang for the dollar. Absolutely outstanding.

The Realist

Juniors
What can you say about Dylan Edwards? There were discussions on here he was not good enough, not a ball playing fullback, he was a weakness in our spine.

Dylan is a freak, almost 300 running metres this evening, perfectly positioned for every bomb/kick and brought the ball back with gusto every time. Our back three were enormous but I have to say I wouldn’t swap Dylan Edwards for any other fullback in the competition. Given what he earns compared to the supposed big guns he delivers more bang for the dollar. Absolutely outstanding.

Most great teams have numerous players who are massively underrated and give excellent value. Edwards is one of several in our current Panthers squad. Lets hope we can keep the core of this group for a while and build the dynasty that has threatened a few times but never delivered since 2003.

Kilkenny

Coach
Most great teams have numerous players who are massively underrated and give excellent value. Edwards is one of several in our current Panthers squad. Lets hope we can keep the core of this group for a while and build the dynasty that has threatened a few times but never delivered since 2003.

I think you miss my point!

There were many on here who were very vocal on here that Dylan Edwards was simply not good enough. Some suggesting he was not even NRL standard.

Not a case of being underrated, it was the case he was basically ridiculed as being sub standard, in part apparently because he didn’t or doesn’t have a passing game.

He passed once tonight , the one that Mansour put down so maybe he just needs to tuck the ball under his arm and continue to run for 300 metres.

The media bang on about Tedesco and Tommy T, who they are still talking about him being available for origin despite being out for ever basically and tonight Dylan delivers a master class.

There was a thread about where the fullbacks rate and Dylan was in the bottom half ie outside the top 8. My opinion only but currently, given his contract amount, I wouldn’t swap him for anybody. Best value fullback in the NRL.

Abacus

Juniors

There were many on here who were very vocal on here that Dylan Edwards was simply not good enough. Some suggesting he was not even NRL standard.

Not a case of being underrated, it was the case he was basically ridiculed as being sub standard, in part apparently because he didn’t or doesn’t have a passing game.

He passed once tonight , the one that Mansour put down so maybe he just needs to tuck the ball under his arm and continue to run for 300 metres.

The media bang on about Tedesco and Tommy T, who they are still talking about him being available for origin despite being out for ever basically and tonight Dylan delivers a master class.

There was a thread about where the fullbacks rate and Dylan was in the bottom half ie outside the top 8. My opinion only but currently, given his contract amount, I wouldn’t swap him for anybody. Best value fullback in the NRL.
TBF, his start to 2019 was anything but NRL standard. While his 2020 performances have been high quality (although missed several games with injury), his ball playing still requires development. Agree that at this point you wouldn't swap him.

murraymob

Coach
Rather quite today
No Hindy Rhyno or silverdale
Hindy after your claims last night I hope you have pulled your pants back up and are recovering from the panther pumping you revived last night .See you in the semi finals

Fangs

Coach
So one-sided. At no point could the Eels stop our pack. We rolled through the middle all night at will.

Things didn't click in attack. Trying a bit too hard at times. Coupd easily have scored 4-5 more tries.

Luai, Edwards and JFH were outstanding.

Rhyno

First Grade
Rather quite today
No Hindy Rhyno or silverdale
Hindy after your claims last night I hope you have pulled your pants back up and are recovering from the panther pumping you revived last night .See you in the semi finals
You can’t be proud of that win? I’ve got texted messages from Penrith mates saying they embarrassed that they won and eels were rorted hard
most teams that got as little possession as parra did would of got 80points put on them I’m proud of the effort we put in Missing our 3 best players
They’ll be getting rid of the 6again call after that game after Penrith got 100 6 again calls

Jane Murray

Bench
You can’t be proud of that win? I’ve got texted messages from Penrith mates saying they embarrassed that they won and eels were rorted hard
most teams that got as little possession as parra did would of got 80points put on them I’m proud of the effort we put in Missing our 3 best players
They’ll be getting rid of the 6again call after that game after Penrith got 100 6 again calls
I call bullshit on that. 20-2 score line, speaks volumes. Also, we were missing a few players when we played before, so it evens up. Yeah you're right, the score line should have been even bigger.

WestyLife

First Grade

He wasn't NRL standard. Through hard work he has changed that and is now a top 5 fullback and I love him. In saying that people weren't wrong at the time when they didn't rate him. He just improved.

For the game in general we won every physical contact whether hit up or tackle which resulted in the repeat sets and lack of eels field position.

Rhyno

First Grade
I call bullshit on that. 20-2 score line, speaks volumes. Also, we were missing a few players when we played before, so it evens up. Yeah you're right, the score line should have been even bigger.
It was a great defensive effort 2 try’s were right on the siren the other was from a kick
The play before Mansour’s try was a knock on and than when there was 5 seconds left on the clock and the match was over Penrith scored under the post