What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

RufusRex

Post Whore
What current successful captains are in the middle and always in the refs ear other than Smith.

Dont confuse me not thinking he is captain material with me not thinking he is a fantastic player ...

The answer to your question is not many ... Hence they are not successful captains ...
The closest ones would be Pearce, DCE, Friend, Reynolds

To be a successful captain these days is not about how you play, it is all about your interactions with the refs and ability to turn 50-50s your way.

Not many at the club that inspire that level of confidence in me ... Clune actually could be one that could develop that way however i doubt his career is that long.

gitano

Juniors
Well if he doesn't get dropped after that pure garbage then I don't know what to believe.

Errors, missed tackles, poor kicking. Not first grade quality.

Puff

First Grade
Well if he doesn't get dropped after that pure garbage then I don't know what to believe.

Errors, missed tackles, poor kicking. Not first grade quality.
LMAO.

Dude, he made heaps of errors under heaps of pressure.

We had no game plan to create space for him to get good ball.

We have midgets for forwards compared to the raiders, and we are poorly coached with no game plan again.

I have not seen a team, do the same shit week in week out like the dragons.

possm

Coach
Look I agree one of his worst for a while but Turnstile just as bad and he’s been serving up shit for years now
Lomax was marked very heavily as everyone know it is Dufty and Lomax that makes the scoreboard tick over. Lomax and Dufty had bad games today and so did our entire forward pack. Norman played to his usual standard, a mix of horrible and useless.

Bring on Griffin, I want to hear about some good recruitment and some dead wood moving on.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Git, you are truly becoming irrelevant with every post about Lomax.

He didn't have a good game today but here's the kicker for you; Aitken is gone and Lomax is staying and he will be a star.
And Aitken was just as bad, its just that it doesn't stand out anymore. I would advise him to spend his final contracts money wisely. I can see Browny pulling out the slap again with what we regularly see from him. He has been making decent metres but he's a not a forward. We need people in our team doing their jobs that is it.

rasaint

Juniors
I have always posted that Zac Lomax is not a ‘star’. Lacks dash and slow movement laterally which pressures wingers to come in field as opposing centres get on his outside. If we had him for $300k to $350 under the cap I’d be ok but here we go again with a big long term contract $500k a season for 6 years..good grief.

Yesterday was a bad day for Zac. He came up against two top class players in Rapana and Crocker. He is not at that level.

Centres like Manu, olan from Melbourne, Crocker, Morris Brothers etc are much better than Zac.

Zac (positives for season)

has made a couple of sublime high catches,
Got a few very skilful reverse flick passes away for winger trys
Ran some good lines onto Dufty passes
Normally a good goal kicker (not excellent goal kicker.)
Genuinely cares if he lets the team down ( I mean it no sarcasm)

Many posters continue to say he is ‘going to be’. Sorry Zac has been around a while now and shown what he can do. He will be a generally an unremarkable centre NRL standard centre who can kick goals, train hard and give his all in games. Occasionally, do something in attack which gets our hopes up but I think that’s all folks.

I’m a dragon tragic so I’ll cheer him on and hope for something I can not see.

gitano

Juniors
I have always posted that Zac Lomax is not a ‘star’. Lacks dash and slow movement laterally which pressures wingers to come in field as opposing centres get on his outside. If we had him for $300k to $350 under the cap I’d be ok but here we go again with a big long term contract $500k a season for 6 years..good grief.

Yesterday was a bad day for Zac. He came up against two top class players in Rapana and Crocker. He is not at that level.

Centres like Manu, olan from Melbourne, Crocker, Morris Brothers etc are much better than Zac.

Zac (positives for season)

has made a couple of sublime high catches,
Got a few very skilful reverse flick passes away for winger trys
Ran some good lines onto Dufty passes
Normally a good goal kicker (not excellent goal kicker.)
Genuinely cares if he lets the team down ( I mean it no sarcasm)

Many posters continue to say he is ‘going to be’. Sorry Zac has been around a while now and shown what he can do. He will be a generally an unremarkable centre NRL standard centre who can kick goals, train hard and give his all in games. Occasionally, do something in attack which gets our hopes up but I think that’s all folks.

I’m a dragon tragic so I’ll cheer him on and hope for something I can not see.
Nailed it. I'd like to nominate this for post of the year.

Pay for potential, prepare to be disappointed. I'm not sure how people aren't getting it. Sets up a brilliant try, but it's not worth the many errors, poor reads and weak carries.

His goal kicking is wildly inconsistent too.
We need to accept we've got another overs contract on our hands and look for a club to take him with a sweetener.

hazzbeen

Bench
Put into context though, basically all year the only 5th tackle option has been a bomb up for Lomax to contest, usually in traffic and usually not brilliantly executed kicks. It’s a pretty low percentage play and any player is going to have their fair share of errors if this situation.
Right on ....

Spazer

Juniors
To be fair some of those mentioned have had 10 plus years experience over zac, so it goes without saying players like Croker and JMoz are better than him, especially when playing in top 4 sides (staggs would be a better comparison to zac). Although I do agree with some of your points, it's his first full year at centre so to say we wont see much more out of him or that he wont evolve any further is quite short sighted imo.

Latest posts