What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Puff

First Grade
Our forwards are crap.

I would give some youngsters a go in the outside backs.

I wouldnt keep one of our forwards.

I would keep.

Hunt
Dufty
Lomax
Ramsey
the Twins
Sailor
and anyone else that hasn't played first grade yet.

And that is it

BIG RIG

Juniors
Scary thing at the club is that - the roster is getting weaker next year and the club is ‘ rumoured ‘ to have been giving up on recruitment cause no one is willing to join St George and lots of players in the club are disgruntled - e.g Sailor and Host

My Projected Team for Next Yr

1. Matt Dufty
2. Jordan Periera
3. Zac Lomax
4. Reuben Garrick
5. Cody Ramsey
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Cameron McInnes ( C )
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Jackson Ford
12. Tariq Sims
13. Tyrell Fuimaono
BENCH
14. Josh Kerr
15. Trent Merrin
16. Korbin Sims
17. Eddie Blacker

* I personally believe De Belin is going to jail

That in my opinion is a bottom 4 team but I pray that Griffin can make it work

Mjab

Juniors
Scary thing at the club is that - the roster is getting weaker next year and the club is ‘ rumoured ‘ to have been giving up on recruitment cause no one is willing to join St George and lots of players in the club are disgruntled - e.g Sailor and Host

1. Matt Dufty
2. Jordan Periera
3. Zac Lomax
4. Reuben Garrick
5. Cody Ramsey
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Cameron McInnes ( C )
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Jackson Ford
12. Tariq Sims
13. Tyrell Fuimaono
BENCH
14. Josh Kerr
15. Trent Merrin
16. Korbin Sims
17. Eddie Blacker

That in my opinion is a bottom 4 team but I pray that Griffin can make it work
Thanks For that
Fills me with confidence

possm

Coach
Our forwards are crap.

I would give some youngsters a go in the outside backs.

I wouldnt keep one of our forwards.

I would keep.

Hunt
Dufty
Lomax
Ramsey
the Twins
Sailor
and anyone else that hasn't played first grade yet.

And that is it
Millward still has Pereira, Ravalawa and Norman under contract for next season. In the forwards, we have Merrin also under contract for next season. So it is a matter of swapping them with players we need or negotiating a release.

Saint52

Juniors
Host has a go, last week he was gassed.
To me he is ok as a bench backup, will not be dominant and should be given an option to move on and prove himself elswhere

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think we should all sit backcand take a breathe regarding who stays and who goes for next year.

Undoubtedly the majority of our current squad have known no other coach other than McGregor. Yes, there has to be changes and recruitement has to be smart and I'm sure Griffin will be all over it.

The other important factor here is the appointment of the assistant coaches, this also will have a bearing on our players and our style of play in 2021. Plus who will lead our strength and conditioning team as we are currently terribly unfit and subject to fatigue very easily.

As I said, some need to go, but at the same time I'm excited for the new crop of youngsters coming through, who now should get there opportunity if they're good enough. I think Ramsey today showed us what that could look like.

Maddragon99

Juniors

1. Matt Dufty
2. Jordan Periera
3. Zac Lomax
4. Reuben Garrick
5. Cody Ramsey
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Cameron McInnes ( C )
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Jackson Ford
12. Tariq Sims
13. Tyrell Fuimaono
BENCH
14. Josh Kerr
15. Trent Merrin
16. Korbin Sims
17. Eddie Blacker

That in my opinion is a bottom 4 team but I pray that Griffin can make it work[/QUOTE

Has Garrick played much centre? I had Brayden Williame at left centre until one of the Feagai twins are ready to debut

I’d also consider starting Merrin over Fuimaono. Fuimaono is too small & has no ball paying skills

matPORTS

Juniors
What is abundantly clear is that Hook has a very big job ahead of him, for which he appears to have already started given that people on staff have already been told that their services are no longer required.

We dead set have some passengers in the team. No chance of beating the Knights or Storm in the last two rounds from what I saw today.

I'm not sure what more Hook is going to be able to do for next year though, other than put those massive under-performers on notice, then promote & demote as necessary. As others have mentioned, he's going to be under pressure right away to set the ship in the right direction and start delivering results. The days of conservative recruitment, retention and week-to-week team selections are over !

The rumored player swaps of Norman for Maloney, Saab for Garrick, perhaps re-signing Host & Sailor, and de Belin getting off his legal proceedings - we can consider all of this to be bonuses. Other than that, I think we need to be prepared that we'll be using what is already on the books in 2021.

Old Timer

Coach
If Sailor and Host are disgruntled piss them off. They are not a big loss anyway.
I am sick of hearing of players wanting out.
Question to all players who waployment.nt to stay or go
If you want out pack your bags.
Who said Host is pissed off?

According to hearsay he hasn't been offered a contract yet despite the fact he would like one.

In light of the fact that he doesn't have one yet then why wouldn't he be at liberty to seek alternate employment?

Doing so doesn’t mean he wants to pack his bags.

Maddragon99

Juniors
What is abundantly clear is that Hook has a very big job ahead of him, for which he appears to have already started given that people on staff have already been told that their services are no longer required.

We dead set have some passengers in the team. No chance of beating the Knights or Storm in the last two rounds from what I saw today.

I'm not sure what more Hook is going to be able to do for next year though, other than put those massive under-performers on notice, then promote & demote as necessary. As others have mentioned, he's going to be under pressure right away to set the ship in the right direction and start delivering results. The days of conservative recruitment, retention and week-to-week team selections are over !

The rumored player swaps of Norman for Maloney, Saab for Garrick, perhaps re-signing Host & Sailor, and de Belin getting off his legal proceedings - we can consider all of this to be bonuses. Other than that, I think we need to be prepared that we'll be using what is already on the books in 2021.

As Hook said himself on NRL 360 the major problem is our defence we leak on average 24 points a game. Our defence in the middle today against Canberra was woeful. As we we all know defence is entirely related to attitude.

Hook’s Number One job will be to fix the teams attitude & this may require some players who are not prepared to commit 100% to be dropped. Norman’s slack attitude might make him the first to go.

We can score enough points but we need to tighten our defence & start winning close games. Like we did in ‘09 & ‘10

Dragon David

First Grade
i hope you are right mate JdB is my favourite player & he’s been sorely missed. But my mail from the Pre-trial hearings is he’s in serious trouble
We will all know where JDB stands in a few months time. No use speculating because we have a he said this and another saying he said that when the unbiased jury has not heard any evidence yet.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
As Hook said himself on NRL 360 the major problem is our defence we leak on average 24 points a game. Our defence in the middle today against Canberra was woeful. As we we all know defence is entirely related to attitude.

Hook’s Number One job will be to fix the teams attitude & this may require some players who are not prepared to commit 100% to be dropped. Norman’s slack attitude might make him the first to go.

We can score enough points but we need to tighten our defence & start winning close games. Like we did in ‘09 & ‘10
Exactly, we all want attacking players but give the choice between a brilliant attacking player with terrible defence and a brilliant defender with average attack I will take the latter all day long. Put a team like that together with a good half or two and a good game plan and they will grind out plenty of wins.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
2 years either way is a joke of a wait for all involved. What a croc legal system. I guess a lesson for all players knowing whether innocent or guilty not to put yourselves in vulberable positions.
This off season is going to be dangerous, they haven’t gone out and had so much as a schooner. A lot of steam will be blown off.