What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dean Young

Dragsters

First Grade
Most of all the Greatest coaches were average players, BTW on Triple M Brent Reed mentioned DY was in hot demand as an assistant, particularly the Tigers were interested.
Personally I would be happy to keep him on at the Dragons..

I'm not sure if he will ever coach the dragons and as for experience, I'm happy for him to stay on and learn from another coach in Griffin, as i think it will also benefit Griffin and the club, then perhaps move on to another club as an assistant or head coach to extend his learning further.

As far as coaches go, he is very young and has plenty of time to learn as much as he can...

thebigredv

First Grade
I like the way he talks and comes across, he just needs more experience, would be happy if a succession plan was put in place for him to take over post Hook.

I feel similarly however some of his selection choices so far have been poor. Denying us the best chance of winning and getting a look at who else we have to play with moving forward. I am relieved to see Cody get picked but there's a few others that should be playing today at the expense of some consistently disappointing performers.

Griffin won't be shy of pulling the trigger.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I feel similarly however some of his selection choices so far have been poor. Denying us the best chance of winning and getting a look at who else we have to play with moving forward. I am relieved to see Cody get picked but there's a few others that should be playing today at the expense of some consistently disappointing performers.

Griffin won't be shy of pulling the trigger.
Yeah I agree but he was on a hiding to nothing to be honest given the reins when we were realistically out of contention anyway. He will learn.

Mjab

Juniors
Griff should tell Deano where to be playing players where he wants them to play as a trial next year so no time wasted

do some of you guys really want Deano to stay after that effort?

can someone please explain to me what Deano has done in the last few years to deserve staying at the club as coach

Griff needs a full clean out staff and players who are not performing

Coffs dragon

Bench
I really believe Hook needs to assemble a new group of assistants and support staff for next year. Dean Young is an old voice around the joint that just doesn’t seem to have the desired effect on the teams woeful defence.
I would be pleased to see Hook resume his partnership with Garth Brennan from their successful Panthers days winning lower grade premierships and developing juniors.

He’s out of work since Titans sacked him as a head coach & maybe can slip back in the old role of Hook’s assistant. He has the runs on the board winning a NYC & NSW Cup with the Panthers before being promoted to NRL assistant.
Much better results and apprenticeship that poor Deano.

St Georgio

Juniors
I really believe Hook needs to assemble a new group of assistants and support staff for next year. Dean Young is an old voice around the joint that just doesn’t seem to have the desired effect on the teams woeful defence.
I would be pleased to see Hook resume his partnership with Garth Brennan from their successful Panthers days winning lower grade premierships and developing juniors.

He’s out of work since Titans sacked him as a head coach & maybe can slip back in the old role of Hook’s assistant. He has the runs on the board winning a NYC & NSW Cup with the Panthers before being promoted to NRL assistant.
We need a complete fresh start with fresh Ideas, as far as DY is concerned the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, he need to go far far away from the Dragons

Mjab

Juniors

Great Idea as well as a realistic option

possm

Coach

Yes, Brennan and Wane would make a good couple of assistants.

Mjab

Juniors
After seeing Cody today it’s quite clear Deano needs to blood a few youngsters at least to give them a taste to get them ready for next year

Drop EA , Norman and Hunt at least for rest year
They have already checked out anyway and give some young kids who will be excited to give it a go next 2 weeks

BBTB

Juniors
He shouldn't have to decide whether he stays or goes, the decision should be made for him if we are serious about real change. I can't see anything positive coming from him working under the guy who knocked him out of the race for the top job.
Young has worked under the biggest whiteanter and delusional clown we have seen in a long time and if just a smidgen of that has rubbed off on him, Griffin could be on a hiding to nothing before he even gets his feet under the desk......particularly if junior tag teams with daddy in order to orchestrate the family dream.
We've had enough of this sort of shit, we just don't need any more, cut the apron strings now and send him on his way and lets get f**king serious about fixing 10 years of absolute puss.
Definitely agree...
These scheming snakes:snake: have to go.
Young jr..... First.

citizen

Juniors
I don’t think he used the word “raw” when talking about the juniors. He was implying the feeling of the game was a raw.

We have to be mindful of bringing in a lot of youngsters into this environment. In saying that I can’t see why Aitken is still there and that Blacker still hasn’t been given a run.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I don’t think he used the word “raw” when talking about the juniors. He was implying the feeling of the game was a raw.

We have to be mindful of bringing in a lot of youngsters into this environment. In saying that I can’t see why Aitken is still there and that Blacker still hasn’t been given a run.

What do you mean by this environment? There's two games left and we're no chance of accomplishing anything this year.

Give some of the other younger guys some game time so Hook can get a feel for who is ready to have a crack next year and who needs some more time in CC.

TruSaint

Referee
What do you mean by this environment? There's two games left and we're no chance of accomplishing anything this year.

Give some of the other younger guys some game time so Hook can get a feel for who is ready to have a crack next year and who needs some more time in CC.

I will just have a guess and suggest what @citizen was saying is that blooding youngsters now in such a downward spiral, may in fact work against them.

Overall I agree that we should have given chances to juniors this year. Its the timing that I think may deflate them if things go sour.

BBTB

Juniors
What is Young's win/loss % now. Go and learn how to coach before applying for the next head coach job in the ESL.

Defence today is shocking. I can't see the value in having Dufty or Aitken on the field.
Duffy's defense is none existence....
Maybe Ramsey is getting a warm up..?

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I will just have a guess and suggest what @citizen was saying is that blooding youngsters now in such a downward spiral, may in fact work against them.

Overall I agree that we should have given chances to juniors this year. Its the timing that I think may deflate them if things go sour.

Fair point but I think any collateral damage would be limited seeing as there is only 2 games left.

Ramsey was the only guy on the park who looked like he wanted to be there today, more blokes making a debut will bring more enthusiasm and better attitudes in the short term IMO.

Latest posts