What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Coaching Structure

Tooooks

Bench
I’m sure all our coaches are seeing what we’re seeing. Which means they know what the problems are but are clueless as to how to fix them.

If we don’t get some new blood in (starting with an attack coach) then we might be in danger of another 2018 next year.

A lot of players have regressed this year.

strider

Post Whore
I have gone back and watched the game over and noticed your boys are still being coached to jam the hands all over the ball and keep them there in defence to slow the ruck down under the 6 again that’s costing you heavily.There where many times you got away with it .Your defensive coach needs to look and change this
your boys do it too - liam martin is red hot at it .... they must just do it when the ref doesn't look - or something

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The other genius thing BA did was bring in Andrew Johns to coach the halves. Moses looks totally confused as to his role now. He is holding back as he has been told to do. He has regressed significantly this season.
He is injured. It was reported months ago that we would be managing his injury right through until he could rest it in the off season. Hope that comes soon!

lingard

Coach
I highly doubt that Brad Arthur is one of the boys. He dropped Fui and denied him a farewell game, let him of Nathan Peats to be able to play for points again and dropped a long time servant in Tim Mannah. Say what you want about him but he has shown he’s willing to be make the tough decisions as brutal as they may be.

Well, that's three tough decisions in seven years, I guess.

84 Baby

Referee
I have gone back and watched the game over and noticed your boys are still being coached to jam the hands all over the ball and keep them there in defence to slow the ruck down under the 6 again that’s costing you heavily.There where many times you got away with it .Your defensive coach needs to look and change this
I have gone back and watched the game over and noticed your boys do the exact same f**ken thing

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
Can someone explain the coaching setup at our club. Is Steve Murphy our attack coach? What are his credentials?

It seems most clubs have outstanding assistant coaches but us. Trent Barrett at Penrith, Demetriou at Souths, Fitzgibbon at Roosters, Flanagan at Dragons and so on. There’s also Dymock, Cartwright, McFadden etc.

Is BA threatened by other coaches around him? I keep thinking If BA was sacked or hit by COVID, who the hell would take over? Kidwell?
He is injured. It was reported months ago that we would be managing his injury right through until he could rest it in the off season. Hope that comes soon!
Regardless of his injury we all know Moses finds it near impossible to step up against gun sides, or have opinions changed in that regard?
BA needs help desperately and he doesn’t seem to be getting any. Our attacking coach HAS to go. Our attack is atrocious - Made worse by the fact BA is in complete denial about our attacking shortfalls. Total denial.

Have I got this right? This has been bugging me for a while.
Ordinary assistants keep Brad in a job, that’s the sacrifice Brad is willing to make

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I dare say his try assists of last year would of consisted of a lot from kicks.
Well he had more try assists than LBAs so that's obvious. But tries from kicks are worth just as much as any other try. In fact if you can threaten with the boot you keep the outside defenders honest.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Every player is coached to do this. If you don't you concede offloads.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
unless you make tackles rather then wrestle - but then you give up fast play the balls. So the ugly as shit gang tackling is indeed the way you win now. What a stupid game it has been turned into.
We need to go back to the five metre rule, the four tackle rule, and get rid of markers. If you're involved in the tackle you're automatically offside on the next play until you rejoin the defensive line. And if an attacker runs at retreating defenders it's a shepherd. Dummy half needs to pass the ball away from them.

Avenger

Immortal
Can you explain that one for me?
I can. Not one of his assistants has ever kicked on to be a first grade coach. Not even mentioned even remotely that they were even targeted by other clubs. Could add weight to the fact that he is a control freak and that an experienced assistant or former first grade coach could expose him like a Portuguese chicken.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I can. Not one of his assistants has ever kicked on to be a first grade coach. Not even mentioned even remotely that they were even targeted by other clubs. Could add weight to the fact that he is a control freak and that an experienced assistant or former first grade coach could expose him like a Portuguese chicken.
I guess it's possible.

Would seem like a fairly short-sighted strategy.

TheRam

Coach
Can someone explain the coaching setup at our club. Is Steve Murphy our attack coach? What are his credentials?

It seems most clubs have outstanding assistant coaches but us. Trent Barrett at Penrith, Demetriou at Souths, Fitzgibbon at Roosters, Flanagan at Dragons and so on. There’s also Dymock, Cartwright, McFadden etc.

Is BA threatened by other coaches around him? I keep thinking If BA was sacked or hit by COVID, who the hell would take over? Kidwell?

BA needs help desperately and he doesn’t seem to be getting any. Our attacking coach HAS to go. Our attack is atrocious - Made worse by the fact BA is in complete denial about our attacking shortfalls. Total denial.

Have I got this right? This has been bugging me for a while.

What many here are forgetting is our players can't walk and chew gum at the same time either. As soon as we focused on our attack our defense went to absolute sh*t.

So our defensive coach ain't much chop either. In fact our complete coaching squad appears to be plop of the highest order.