What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Christian Welch (storm), John Asiata (cows) and Ray Stone (eels) are all off contract and would add a bit of starch to our wet lettuce forward pack.
Caleb Aikens is also off contract and would complete a pretty interesting 2021 backline of
1 Aikens 2 Dufty 3 Rava / Feagai 4 Lomax 5 Ramsey 6 Clune 7 Hunt
My forwards would be
13 Stone 12 Asiata 11 Host 10 Welch 9 McInnes 8 Vaughan
and bench
14 Ford 15 T Sims 16 Lawrie 17 Kerr 18 Blacker 19 K Sims
It's just an opinion, mind. And opinions are like armpits - everyone has them, but some stink more than others.

SAP58

Juniors
Christian Welch (storm), John Asiata (cows) and Ray Stone (eels) are all off contract and would add a bit of starch to our wet lettuce forward pack.
Caleb Aikens is also off contract and would complete a pretty interesting 2021 backline of
My forwards would be
and bench
It's just an opinion, mind. And opinions are like armpits - everyone has them, but some stink more than others.
Unfortunately Welch has already knocked us back and has or is about to resign with Storm. Stone certainly has a go and hits hard in defence havent seen him do long minutes though usually off the bench. Asiata would be a good gain at the right price.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Now Danny Weidler has written another article about Hooks, supposed racism and even got a quote from Blacklock saying he wouldn’t be comfortable under him. FFS will they give it a rest. They really need to lay off the agenda. We finally have a glimmer of hope and “journalists” have to try to punish us because their mate wasn’t chosen.

SAP58

Juniors
Now Danny Weidler has written another article about Hooks, supposed racism and even got a quote from Blacklock saying he wouldn’t be comfortable under him. FFS will they give it a rest. They really need to lay off the agenda. We finally have a glimmer of hope and “journalists” have to try to punish us because their mate wasn’t chosen.
Its Fairfax v News Corp taking turns at having a go at each other and unfortunately Hook is the one they are using in their petty games. I totally agree grow up and move on its getting very boring !

SAP58

Juniors
I made the comment during yesterdays game I dont believe Hook will have Dufty in his side on current form. Yes he does some good things but was found out of position a number of times yesterday, his defence is not strong and he has reverted back to his old style of slowing up when he reaches the defencive line. I have written before he is similar in size to Papenhausen yet their approach to bringing the ball back is very different and Papenhausen support play is also far superior. He is definitely a confidence player and like many others in the current team that is something they are lacking.

possm

Coach
I made the comment during yesterdays game I dont believe Hook will have Dufty in his side on current form. Yes he does some good things but was found out of position a number of times yesterday, his defence is not strong and he has reverted back to his old style of slowing up when he reaches the defencive line. I have written before he is similar in size to Papenhausen yet their approach to bringing the ball back is very different and Papenhausen support play is also far superior. He is definitely a confidence player and like many others in the current team that is something they are lacking.
I think Dufty will be starting 2021 at 6 in reserve grade.

be55

Juniors
My forwards would be
and bench

Mate no offence but surly the number 2 next to Dufty must be a misprint.You couldn't possibly be advocating for Dufty to play on the wing.I can't really imagine him taking those hard,early set,carries out of the corners that modern day wingers have to take.He would be eaten alive.

Even as good a debut as Cody had yesterday, i'd like to see him put some more size on in the off season if he is going to play on the wing next year. I think that the days of the diminutive,speedy,light footed wingers are gone.The modern day wingers have to have a bit of size to make those hard carries and also be competitive for the high ball in attack.

As much as i think Dufty has made improvemnt from last year,i think it is fullback or bust for him.
I have read comments on this forum about him playing five eighth but i can't even come at that.
I think opposition coaches would have a field day designing game plans to get at him in attack.

I don't want it to sound like i am shit canning Dufty but in my opinion he is not a winger.But really Dufty is the least of our worries as i'm sure you know.

But i do agree with your comments about armpits so maybe you are right,i suppose time will tell....

Shout out to you possm...i just noticed your comments about Dufty to five eighth...i guess we have to agree to disagree...

Last edited:

Dragons 09

Juniors

I have never understood how Weidler hasn't been sat on his ass by a player or coach that he's muckraked on. He's a sniveling, conniving piece of shit of the highest order.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Mate no offence but surly the number 2 next to Dufty must be a misprint.You couldn't possibly be advocating for Dufty to play on the wing.I can't really imagine him taking those hard,early set,carries out of the corners that modern day wingers have to take.He would be eaten alive.

Even as good a debut as Cody had yesterday, i'd like to see him put some more size on in the off season if he is going to play on the wing next year. I think that the days of the diminutive,speedy,light footed wingers are gone.The modern day wingers have to have a bit of size to make those hard carries and also be competitive for the high ball in attack.

As much as i think Dufty has made improvemnt from last year,i think it is fullback or bust for him.
I have read comments on this forum about him playing five eighth but i can't even come at that.
I think opposition coaches would have a field day designing game plans to get at him in attack.

I don't want it to sound like i am shit canning Dufty but in my opinion he is not a winger.But really Dufty is the least of our worries as i'm sure you know.

But i do agree with your comments about armpits so maybe you are right,i suppose time will tell....

Shout out to you possm...i just noticed your comments about Dufty to five eighth...i guess we have to agree to disagree...

Cody is a fullback & I believe will be our long term fullback. The Feagai boys are bigger & taller more suited to the wing than Cody. Ideally I’d like Max & Matt playing left centre & left wing with Lomax & Garrick on the right.

Dufty, Ravalawa & Pereira unlucky to miss out but that’s why Hook was brought in to make decisions Mary was unable to.

We’ve only debuted 2 players all season what an opportunity lost. We could have blooded a few more youngsters & got a head start on 2921.

jak

Bench
Cody is a fullback & I believe will be our long term fullback. The Feagai boys are bigger & taller more suited to the wing than Cody. Ideally I’d like Max & Matt playing left centre & left wing with Lomax & Garrick on the right.

Dufty, Ravalawa & Pereira unlucky to miss out but that’s why Hook was brought in to make decisions Mary was unable to.

We’ve only debuted 2 players all season what an opportunity lost. We could have blooded a few more youngsters & got a head start on 2921.
sorry mate im 71 so im almost sure i wont be here in 2921

be55

Juniors

Mate i wasn't pigeonholing Ramsey as our winger i was just trying to down play Duftys credentials to play their.I agree about Ramsey at fullback,he has a wicked step and i guarantee you one thing he would be heavily involved and always around the ball.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
As much as we desperately need forwards, another interesting focus appears to be the battle for the backline spots in 2021 and beyond up to and including half and 5/8.

7 spots v a shite load of talent to fit in.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, however you see it, the cancellation of the CC and junior comps have set back a few of our brightest up-and-coming stars. However, with Griffin, they are more likely to get a decent shot if good enough.

Some of these are still eligible for JF, some will play CC next year (hopefully there is a comp next year) and some will be fast tracked.

Of the current backs, only Sailor is off contract at the end of this season, maybe i'm wrong but I believe he will go to the Broncos.

It will also he curious to know who will be included in the DS next year.

Maddragon99

Juniors
As much as we desperately need forwards, another interesting focus appears to be the battle for the backline spots in 2021 and beyond up to and including half and 5/8.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, however you see it, the cancellation of the CC and junior comps have set back a few of our brightest up-and-coming stars. However, with Griffin, they are more likely to get a decent shot if good enough.

Some of these are still eligible for JF, some will play CC next year (hopefully there is a comp next year) and some will be fast tracked.

Of the current backs, only Sailor is off contract at the end of this season, maybe i'm wrong but I believe he will go to the Broncos.

Sullivan is the player most effected, he’s the youngest of the group we have coming through & as a playmaker he has lost a year of development

possm

Coach

I really think Schiller will be our long term fullback and if possible, he should get a run in the next two games. With Ramsey, Sullivan and the Feagai brother coming through. if we could get rid of Norman, Hunt, Dufty, Pereira and Ravalawa, we would have more than 4m to spend on a super pack of forwards.

Where is Millward?

MESS

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I really think Schiller will be our long term fullback and if possible, he should get a run in the next two games. With Ramsey, Sullivan and the Feagai brother coming through. if we could get rid of Norman, Hunt, Dufty, Pereira and Ravalawa, we would have more than 4m to spend on a super pack of forwards.

Where is Millward?

MESS

Unfortunately Possm, Schiller isnt part of the 'bubble' and wouldn't be allowed to train nevertheless play.

redv13

Bench

Where is Millward?

MESS
You’re off ya meds again possm??

Latest posts