What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Call me crazy, but i'd like to see JP next season given a run at lock in CC

He is a big enough unit to slot into the forward pack D.S. however someone , other than Griffin , will need to mentor him on the niceties of playing in that position .

The thing that I have always liked about Pierra is that he really puts his heart into the job .

As many have mentioned he maybe somewhat slow , but his bullocking runs have a lot of power behind them and as you have suggested would not be out of place in the Dragon pack .

Blood&Bandage

Juniors
I think he could go okay there, JP is also an ex centre in q cup. One issue is we are bursting at the seams with centres in Lomax, Aitken, SSE, the Feagai boys and Wiliame. Which does beg the question, why is Aitken still being picked?
Aitken isn’t a centre’s arse!!!
A centre needs to be able to set up his winger.... not sure this has not happened in YEARS!!!!

SAP58

Juniors
He is a big enough unit to slot into the forward pack D.S. however someone , other than Griffin , will need to mentor him on the niceties of playing in that position .

The thing that I have always liked about Pierra is that he really puts his heart into the job .

As many have mentioned he maybe somewhat slow , but his bullocking runs have a lot of power behind them and as you have suggested would not be out of place in the Dragon pack .
Hmmmm interesting thought, someone previously suggested Aitken be tried at lock, similar build but the difference is Pierra can tackle !

BLM01

First Grade
Would love Young to work under Robbo for a few years then rejoin us when Hooks time is up. I can’t see him ever being their head coach with Fitzy waiting so eventually he will be looking for a job. I’m worried he may poach players though...
Why are people so keen to see Dean Young return as our coach after he spends a bit of time learning elsewhere as an assistant. That goes for the media too.
Wishing for Young to come back is exactly the narrow mindness what we all have been crying out that our BOD and CEO's have done in the past so wrong. Thinking bleeding red and white = dynamite for football club staff.
We should be doing what other strong clubs do and try and employ the best.
Get Young back sure...maybe when he is 56 for a sentimental reunion after he has proven he has consistently taken a side in the Top 8 in the NRL or won a premiership elsewhere as head coach

LINESPEED

Juniors
Wishing for Young to come back is exactly the narrow mindness what we all have been crying out that our BOD and CEO's have done in the past so wrong.

Can’t agree more.
The conservative element is rife in our Club
.... but maybe some eyes were opened wider with Cody’s debut yesterday

Guess Little Johnny’s our patron saint & we’ve had Mc Stick-in-the-Mud for 7 who’s messed Deano up - so ....

.... he said Cody was his best moment as Interim coach - and his was exactly the kind of performance he wanted

... so take the cue from there son & blood some more.

They’ll be your lasting legacy?

The players are so mentally fuc/ked and lacking skill that new blood will invigorate at least.

You’ve only got to see the reaction to Cody yesterday -

....the best performance from a debutant who unsurprisingly hardly got the ball
....in a dysfunctional backline

.... and BTW with Cam’s sop about Mary he might well have done himself out of captaincy with Griff.

Let’s face it, with performances like ours, the discussion often pivots to the captain’s allround leadership credentials.

....& IMO his rather immature
down-in-the-mouth interview was appalling in its uninspirational messaging

Old Timer

Coach
Why are people so keen to see Dean Young return as our coach after he spends a bit of time learning elsewhere as an assistant. That goes for the media too.
Wishing for Young to come back is exactly the narrow mindness what we all have been crying out that our BOD and CEO's have done in the past so wrong. Thinking bleeding red and white = dynamite for football club staff.
Get Young back sure...maybe when he is 56 for a sentimental reunion after he has proven he has consistently taken a side in the Top 8 in the NRL or won a premiership elsewhere as head coach
Unfortunately there is the myth that he bleeds red & white and also the stupid notion that having played for the club is a precursor to coaching at a later stage.

36 years of age with no real coaching experience to speak of let alone success with a sense that a "couple " of years away will do the trick is just plain ridiculous.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
After last night I’m reconsidering my position

redv13

Bench
Nothing has changed under DY. 4 games, 1 win vs the broncs and they nearly lost that one too. Same bullshit selections, same bullshit game plans, same bullshit being served up for 80 mins each week. Honestly besides the bald one getting the chop NOTHING has changed over the last 4 weeks. DY would be flat out coaching Matts or Ball let alone 1st grade

Mjab

Juniors
Nothing has changed under DY. 4 games, 1 win vs the broncs and they nearly lost that one too. Same bullshit selections, same bullshit game plans, same bullshit being served up for 80 mins each week. Honestly besides the bald one getting the chop NOTHING has changed over the last 4 weeks. DY would be flat out coaching Matts or Ball let alone 1st grade
Come on

they got rid of Mary’s inspiration mat in the change room

it’s all good now

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Like I’ve said many a times

Anything or anyone that had something to do with McGregor tenure as a coach should be treated as Covid.

the Whole joint should be sanitized and thoroughly cleaned out with high GM grade disinfectants so as the stench of McGregor is totally extinguished. And that unfortunately also means DY and I hate saying that.

BLM01

First Grade
Can’t agree more.
The conservative element is rife in our Club
.... but maybe some eyes were opened wider with Cody’s debut yesterday

Guess Little Johnny’s our patron saint & we’ve had Mc Stick-in-the-Mud for 7 who’s messed Deano up - so ....

.... he said Cody was his best moment as Interim coach - and his was exactly the kind of performance he wanted

... so take the cue from there son & blood some more.

They’ll be your lasting legacy?

The players are so mentally fuc/ked and lacking skill that new blood will invigorate at least.

You’ve only got to see the reaction to Cody yesterday -

....the best performance from a debutant who unsurprisingly hardly got the ball
....in a dysfunctional backline

.... and BTW with Cam’s sop about Mary he might well have done himself out of captaincy with Griff.

Let’s face it, with performances like ours, the discussion often pivots to the captain’s allround leadership credentials.

....& IMO his rather immature
down-in-the-mouth interview was appalling in its uninspirational messaging
The media play the biggest part and almost can basically hire and fire someone or make em walk at will (look at Siebold) and the supposed internal football club moles (i.e. player managers) leak info and dangle bait to the swirling white pointers

Disagree with your analysis of Cam's leadership credentials.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dean Young needs experience under a different coach I suppose and whether it is at Saint or not doesn't matter. The fact he won't be listening to Mary and Price is a huge improvement and will make him a better coach. He is highly regarded so can't be too bad. Too terrible mentors since he became an assistant.

Personally I think Young should want to go to another club and learn from that and bring it back to the Saints if he desires to be Saints coach. If he can land a gig anywhere near Robbo or Bellamy or even Fittler for NSW he should jump at the chance. Young should also test himself in England as that is usually a great stepping stone.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Dean Young needs experience under a different coach I suppose and whether it is at Saint or not doesn't matter. The fact he won't be listening to Mary and Price is a huge improvement and will make him a better coach. He is highly regarded so can't be too bad. Too terrible mentors since he became an assistant.

Personally I think Young should want to go to another club and learn from that and bring it back to the Saints if he desires to be Saints coach. If he can land a gig anywhere near Robbo or Bellamy or even Fittler for NSW he should jump at the chance. Young should also test himself in England as that is usually a great stepping stone.

Don’t forget Ben Hornby will be in the mix next time around, he’s currently an assistant under Bennett at Souths.