What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
After watching a segment on Jarrod Mullens on the Footy show I reckon that he would be a very handy pickup for our club for a few reasons.

He would be a great mentor and teacher for the younger players in the lower grades. He would also be a very cheap option and he could also be a handy fill in if or when injuries happen to any of our playmakers in the NRL squad.

We could do a lot worse.

hindy111

Post Whore
I feel moving Moses on from his 800k contract would be best. And I reckon Brisbane would pay full freight. Go hard for Burton . 500k would be my offer. Otherwise Milford who id offerthe same.
Then we have 300k to spend. Id try and piss MJ off and buy a better centre or LANE and upgrade in 2nd row.

After watching a segment on Jarrod Mullens on the Footy show I reckon that he would be a very handy pickup for our club for a few reasons.

He would be a great mentor and teacher for the younger players in the lower grades. He would also be a very cheap option and he could also be a handy fill in if or when injuries happen to any of our playmakers in the NRL squad.

We could do a lot worse.
Agreed but I reckon he'd probably find more opportunities elsewhere. And apparently he has to spend a year playing reggies. f**k knows why.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That still doesn't fix the enormous liability that Waqa Blake is in defence. Particularly given that we appear to have spent a significant amount of time on it all season at training and he is actually getting worse.

Maybe he can play fullback.
If Blake was such a liability he wouldn't have won so many NRL games.

T-Boon

Coach
We can finish 8th with this crop of players so why go out and buy the likes of Mullen etc. We should be targeting winners like Papenhuysen, that 5/8 from NQ, Keary, Munster. RTS, Semi.
Those guys would help put us in a position to be winners.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If we targeting anyone we should be looking for a young / rookie fullback big enough to play winger for a few years (so someone fairly inexperienced so they are happy to just be playing NRL at this stage in their career), then in a few years once Drown has 100 or so games, we can potentially let Moses go (if we want) and move Gutho in the halves.

All the options suggested as halves options so far are terrible!! Not better then Moses.

Interestingly our attack only started to struggle once Moses was injured. Before his injury our attack was hardly an issue.

IFR33K

Coach
If we’re targeting someone to join our coaching staff, I’ll go all out for Mick
Ennis. Merkin knows his shit and it doesn’t matter who plays hooker At the raiders, they’ve all performed.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If we’re targeting someone to join our coaching staff, I’ll go all out for Mick
Ennis. Merkin knows his shit and it doesn’t matter who plays hooker At the raiders, they’ve all performed.

he has done some / was doing some, work with Mahoney but COVID has stopped a lot of things

T-Boon

Coach
If we targeting anyone we should be looking for a young / rookie fullback big enough to play winger for a few years (so someone fairly inexperienced so they are happy to just be playing NRL at this stage in their career), then in a few years once Drown has 100 or so games, we can potentially let Moses go (if we want) and move Gutho in the halves.

I would also suggest we need the best young hooker we can get. I'd like a 20 year old hooker. Does not have to go 80 minutes.