What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Schiller

be55

Juniors
Just had a look at the replay of the game yesterday cougars v devils...Well it wasn't really a game more of a massacre ...Haven't really seen as much of this kid as i have some of our other young promising juniors but he was very good yesterday, as you would expect him to be playing against a bunch of park footballers.
He is very tall and moves well for a big body.He scored two tries which should have been three (he was on the end of a good offload and sprinted down the field and waited in the in-goal to hand the ball of to someone else for them to fall on the ground and score)...he made several long breaks and set up a few other tries. He was, by a country mile ,the best player on the field which like i said,you would expect him to be
I think the likelihood of him going from the Corrimal Cougars, straight into first grade contention next year in one off-season is pretty low.
He looks to have a lot of upside and like i have said before throw him into the mix with the Feagai twins and Sullivan the future looks bright as far as the backline goes....

possm

Coach
Just had a look at the replay of the game yesterday cougars v devils...Well it wasn't really a game more of a massacre ...Haven't really seen as much of this kid as i have some of our other young promising juniors but he was very good yesterday, as you would expect him to be playing against a bunch of park footballers.
He is very tall and moves well for a big body.He scored two tries which should have been three (he was on the end of a good offload and sprinted down the field and waited in the in-goal to hand the ball of to someone else for them to fall on the ground and score)...he made several long breaks and set up a few other tries. He was, by a country mile ,the best player on the field which like i said,you would expect him to be
I think the likelihood of him going from the Corrimal Cougars, straight into first grade contention next year in one off-season is pretty low.
He looks to have a lot of upside and like i have said before throw him into the mix with the Feagai twins and Sullivan the future looks bright as far as the backline goes....
If he is eligible to play in the NRL, throw him straight into the fullback job for next game. Dufty is not handling it very well right now so we won't lose anything by giving Schiller a go; he may just surprise everyone.

The next two games are gold when it comes to testing our juniors.

redVinme

Juniors
If he is eligible to play in the NRL, throw him straight into the fullback job for next game. Dufty is not handling it very well right now so we won't lose anything by giving Schiller a go; he may just surprise everyone.

Don't think so pos. He's not nrl fit in the way he would need to be to play fullback in first grade especially on debut. Is he a great prospect, absolutely. Would I let him get smashed by two massive packs in Newcastle and Melbourne for the sake of it no way.

Left centre maybe but then Max is next up there.

When I said fast tracked into the top 30, I didn't mean straight into 1st grade. Canterbury Cup fullback is still an option for him from the top 30, if he isn't ready for 1st grade. Still a better option that another year with the Cougars

be55

Juniors

Holy shit you don't fart arse around do you possm...
Corrimal Cougars one week, straight to first grade the next...That would surely have to be a first.

be55

Juniors
When I said fast tracked into the top 30, I didn't mean straight into 1st grade. Canterbury Cup fullback is still an option for him from the top 30, if he isn't ready for 1st grade. Still a better option that another year with the Cougars
I didn't say you did...but some have named him in their 1st grade team for next year.One thing i know he is a mile to good to be playing park football but first grade in my opinion is still a way off...

Gareth67

First Grade
Holy shit you don't fart arse around do you possm...
Corrimal Cougars one week, straight to first grade the next...That would surely have to be a first.

I think that possum would be the ideal individual to administer our ‘ Junior Pathway ‘ system . :thinking:

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
The camera work from the BarTV Sports team is far superior to what 9 and Fox provides.

For some reason they focus on someone been exchanged or running up and down the sideline before getting on the field rather than the play. Also, the focus on someone no engaged in the play whilst the game is going on.

Now for the commentators, shit it was nice to not have some muppet talking rubbish and letting the sounds from the ground played instead. Gould, Anasta, Warren, and many others are a waste of time. They get the players wrong, don't describe what is happening at times and go off on tangents from the game.

George Dragon

Juniors
Scored around 10 tries in half dozen games set up about the same.
The little guy was Jose hasn't scored a try for years
Class above as you said l, still eligible for Flegg next year should get a DP contract.
Massive plus his is size, hits hard in defence and looks like a man as apposed to a lot of other juniors that are still small.

be55

Juniors
Scored around 10 tries in half dozen games set up about the same.
The little guy was Jose hasn't scored a try for years
Class above as you said l, still eligible for Flegg next year should get a DP contract.
Massive plus his is size, hits hard in defence and looks like a man as apposed to a lot of other juniors that are still small.
Totally agree mate...like i said i haven't seen as much of James as i have Max,Mat and Jayden having watched them live but what i have seen of James from watching highlights is,like you said,he has a solid frame to work with.He has good size and moves well for a big boy.

It is always a concern with these young juniors having to step up to play against men but he seems to have the body shape you could develop to handle it. I was always worried about Jayden being on the small size but just looking at him now he seems to have bulked up a little and i am hoping when he gets his chance he too can handle the step up.

I am glad you are giving James the tick of approval George because i have noticed many of your posts regarding our juniors and players coming through our pathways and you certainly have your finger on the pulse mate...

Have heard that Cougars are offering him a contract for next year.

How does that work, George? Is there usually clauses that allow the player an out if Dragons offer him a DP while under contract to a local club?

slippery5

Juniors
I know a 19yr old in the Storm system & Bellamy has said he wouldn't throw him into 1st grade, it wouldn't be fair to ask him to perform without having played regular Q cup. Unfortunately that has been cancelled this year.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Thanks be55- I'm a bit confused about which player is Schiller- I thought he would be full-back in that game but your description of him as "very tall' didn't tally with the shorter, red haired player who was in that position. Can you clarify?

be55

Juniors
Thanks be55- I'm a bit confused about which player is Schiller- I thought he would be full-back in that game but your description of him as "very tall' didn't tally with the shorter, red haired player who was in that position. Can you clarify?
Mate he played left centre for the cougars on Saturday...wearing number 3...i don't know a lot about him,i have only seen highlights but he looks a promising young kid.
George Dragon would know a lot more about him than me...Possm wants him named at fullback this afternoon to play Newcastle on Sunday in first grade, so Possm thinks highly of him...i think that is a fair way off at this stage but he looks to have a lot of upside.
If you get a chance watch the full game replay,he did a lot of good things that didn't make the highlights..he was the best player on the field by a mile.

Belta

Juniors
It is a real shame that CC and JF players miss a year of development, I’d imagine game wise Schiller would be playing well within himself but does anyone know if the players eligible for these squads still train together and do weight sessions together and/or follow special diets etc, because if they didn’t surely they’d be well behind.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Mate he played left centre for the cougars on Saturday...wearing number 3...i don't know a lot about him,i have only seen highlights but he looks a promising young kid.
George Dragon would know a lot more about him than me...Possm wants him named at fullback this afternoon to play Newcastle on Sunday in first grade, so Possm thinks highly of him...i think that is a fair way off at this stage but he looks to have a lot of upside.
If you get a chance watch the full game replay,he did a lot of good things that didn't make the highlights..he was the best player on the field by a mile.

Thanks for that- yes, I was watching the wrong player- nice sometimes not to have a commentary but in this case it would have helped me. I'll definitely have another look at the video.

George Dragon

Juniors
It is a real shame that CC and JF players miss a year of development, I’d imagine game wise Schiller would be playing well within himself but does anyone know if the players eligible for these squads still train together and do weight sessions together and/or follow special diets etc, because if they didn’t surely they’d be well behind.

Willie did have the boys training in pairs and followed a program but all that changed when the local comps started.
Flegg will be 21s next year.

James has moved between FB and centre, he is great inderthe high ball too really attacks the kicks.
He really has a solid game all-round.
I've also been in his ear about getting his cousin to the Red V
@redandwhite4eva

Latest posts