What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL talent scouts

Who is a better judge of NRL talent?

• Brad Fittler

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Gitano

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

This Year?

Immortal
I voted Gitano. Fittler may have been a wonderful player and Origin winning coach, but if he thinks someone who makes 6+ errors a game is the next big thing, then he is trolling the dragons deluxe.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I voted gitano.

One because I believe he is a better judge of talent than Fittler

Two because I don’t believe in bullying

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Gitano.

I appreciate contributors who are prepared to argue their case, and Gitano does this. Not once has Brad Fittler had the courage of his convictions to discuss his selections on these forums.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Does he like Ravalawa when comes in from his wing and buries the centre.
Does leave the winger stranded like a shaft on a rock if lucky.

gitano

Juniors
I wouldn't say I'm a better judge, hard to quantify. But I know my gear and share it on the forum.

I don't buy the Lomax hype. I have seen dozens of kids who can't make the leap.

I'd happily sign with the club.

Belta

Juniors
I am not a fan of criticising people’s opinions but I’ll make an exception. I vote for Freddy because I think he will see more potential in Lomax as a back than he would in Aitken. IMO the main strengths of players like Aitken, Rav and JP are that they are strong ball runners. Whereas players like Lomax, Dufty, Sailor, Saab and possibly some coming through won’t be or haven’t been as strong but have some more flair and natural ability. Hopefully the dragons are gearing their future selections and/or recruitment to the latter as the former has been unsuccessful and it’s high time we tried a different approach or atleast some variations of the two. I am a believer in the old adage that some things (ie instincts) can’t be taught whereas building your str3ngth and defensive resolve can be.
NB: I for one would of liked Aitken to stay as a backrower but who knows under a different setting he may prove many wrong and become a fine centre, I doubt it though.

Latest posts