What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Sharks

Meth

Staff member
3- Harris
2- RTS
1- Burr

HM- Blair, Papali'i, Hiku

CHT and Murchie did some good things, but fell apart at key moments.

Last edited:

Benek

Juniors
Did Nikorima have a single run?

Our halves need to play at the line more. Way too much floating sideways and then shovel pass out the back.

Rich102

Staff member
3. Harris
2. RTS
1 Murchie

Jennings and Jazz were woeful.
Kodi MIA.

HMs: CHT, Burr, Hiku & Pompey

Grizzman

Juniors
3. Harris
2. Burr
1. Roger

HM . Murchie, CHT

Strange game. At times we looked the better team by far and then at other times we were really meh. Was Blair injured at some point? He seemed to be off the field for a long time and whilst I've never been a SuperFan, I'm enjoyed his energy this year.

I was disappointed with the efforts of Taunoa Brown. For a big body, he seems to get stopped pretty easily. Kodi didn't run (again) and Jennings had an uncharacteristically poor game.

Meth

Staff member
Taunoa Brown fell off Rudolph pretty easily. Good prospect but he can miss a tackle

vvvrulz

Coach
3- Harris
2- RTS
1- Burr

That'll do me too.

We can carry Jazz and Hiku, just, providing everyone else turns up and these two make up for their BS with some quality stuff.

But once you get Jennings producing that, Kodi turning into a ghost, and half the team becoming walking penalties we're a hiding to nothing. The Sharks were all over the show, and we still maintained enough spirit, but today showed the difference between an average team trying hard vs genuine class.

JJ

Immortal
Haven’t seen the game as driving around the SI. They were due a flat one I guess as they’ve been very good for a while, that consistent level is what we need, just not sure we’ve got the players for it

Blair

Coach
3. Harris
2. Sheck
1. Burr

At the game we thought Kodi got injured.

Also, bang on about our attack on their line. There were no shift plays, just straight out middle, then shovelling along.

Ditto the lack of shift-plays when we struggled to get off our line for a few sets in a row, in that last 20-30 minutes. We had the likes of Hiku, Perham, Jennings and Pompey just itching for the ball.

Our wingers lack pace, well, Pompey does. He's big though.

Brown needs to develop some late footwork into the defensive line, then work on an off-load from up high.

Jazz is scary, we had no confidence in him doing the right thing, at the right time.

SJ was the senior half out there, he managed his side well, his kicks were good. He was ginger with the injury though.

In the last 15 mins, I shouted out 'let's just play some 'Kearney-ball'!' The guys laughed, but I was right. It was just about possession and no errors, with a good kick at the end'.

Meth

Staff member
In the last 15 mins, I shouted out 'let's just play some 'Kearney-ball'!' The guys laughed, but I was right. It was just about possession and no errors, with a good kick at the end'.

Which guys laughed?

Meth

Staff member
My understanding is that Nikorima and Hiku will be under an injury cloud

Blair

Coach
Which guys laughed?

The Warrior Nation supporters. I don't think they got the context, they might've misheard me say 'bring Kearney back'. I was sitting away from them a bit, social-distancing, etc.

Blair

Coach
Did something to his bicep in a tackle but looked minor. Wouldn't have accounted for him becoming a ghost which happened far before the injury.

Sitting up high, behind the goal, we saw half-gaps, even holes in the opposition defence, but Kodi never took them.

We were desperate for a line-break, it never came from our number six.

Meth

Staff member
Sitting up high, behind the goal, we saw half-gaps, even holes in the opposition defence, but Kodi never took them.

We were desperate for a line-break, it never came from our number six.

Yeah, he did have an injury and there was talk of him coming off, but he didn't because of the importance of the game etc

Tongue

Juniors
Warriors need to do to Nikorima, what Sharks did to Johnson - demand consistency.
It was a dour game at best, and Nikorima may have felt well defended, but he was completely overshadowed in terms of voice and control by his younger pairing.

This was two nervous teams doing everything they could not to lose, as opposed to trying to win.

Im gutted - form over the last few weeks should have had the Warriors winning this. I fully expected them to dominate that 2nd half and come away with it. But they seemed way too restricted.

Jennings having the week off last week also had a negative on his momentum.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Hiku owned Dugan, not an easy thing to do.

Nikorima needs better friends, I rate him more than most, kid can play.

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Tohu Harris

Harris 21
Tuivasa Sheck 13
Burr 6
Murchie 2

7 voted

Latest posts