What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

Kilkenny

Coach
Was always a shame he didn't show this consistently at Panthers but it happens.
2019 was not a good season for us, who knows what may have happened had Api not joined our club and Kenny & Egan been the first choice dummy half’s. I tend to think our season would still have been very good even if Api has been the major difference.

The Realist

Juniors
watched the esl game last night, Maloney played for the Catalins.

It was like watched the Panther attack in 2019. Only tries a couple of barge over tries. Very predictible.

Jimmy looked quite predictible in attack. Thank goodness he moved on for this year.

Thanks Christ that some of the member can finally see that he wasn't truly the asset he was hyped to be when with us.

I sincerely believe he held back both Nathan and Jerome's development at least a year.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Thanks Christ that some of the member can finally see that he wasn't truly the asset he was hyped to be when with us.

I sincerely believe he held back both Nathan and Jerome's development at least a year.

I thought it was really noticeable last night when watching the game. To be honest I hadn't noticed it that much before,

Maybe because Cleary and Lui have moved on so much.

I do think there were positives with him being at the club.....but it was time to move him on.

Jane Murray

Bench
Egan is making the Warriors better. Has been since Payton took over. Good to see him finding form.
I thought it was really noticeable last night when watching the game. To be honest I hadn't noticed it that much before,

Maybe because Cleary and Lui have moved on so much.

I do think there were positives with him being at the club.....but it was time to move him on.

I credit Maloney, and Jamie, for a lot of help they gave Nathan, and Jerome, to a lesser sense. In the end Maloney, inhibited Nathan's game.

betcats

Referee

A few of us were happy to see him leave tbh. I thought we’d improve without him, you could see by the end of last year Nathan was ready to take control.

Jimmy was a huge defensive liability and gave away heaps of penalties. His form was never consistently good enough to cover that imo, he had his good games for sure bust most of them were pre-origin both seasons.

Where do we rank Maloney in terms of best imports?

For me, he’s up there with the likes of Chris Mortimer and Paul Dunn. Players who’s form at Penrith weren’t as good as with their previous clubs but played their part in turning the Panthers into a formidable team.

soc123_au

Staff member
Where do we rank Maloney in terms of best imports?

For me, he’s up there with the likes of Chris Mortimer and Paul Dunn. Players who’s form at Penrith weren’t as good as with their previous clubs but played their part in turning the Panthers into a formidable team.

Preston & Priddis would arguably be the best imports we have had. Mortimer would be top 5 for sure. He was one tough mofo.

Fangs

Coach
No premiership which is why he was brought to the Panthers. So Maloney is below 02/03 imports for mine.

1. Signing Korisau
2. Signing Barrett

Appear to have had a gargantuan impact on this team's attack and direction. If we do go on to win the competition I'd rate these two signings right up there.

franklin2323

Immortal
We won't know Maloney's impact until we see how Luai and develop. Everyone is forgetting the benefit of him was getting Moylan's contract off our books. We would look very different with his deal

Smug Panther

First Grade
Jimmy was cooked in his last year for the Sharks. I can see why we took a punt on him but it failed badly. His game in the semi v the sharkies is the single worst performance I can remember from a panther

The Realist

Juniors
Jimmy was cooked in his last year for the Sharks. I can see why we took a punt on him but it failed badly. His game in the semi v the sharkies is the single worst performance I can remember from a panther

He was downright horrible. If he just stepped up once, he'd have kicked the field goal and we'd have been through to the preliminary.

He DID NOT want the ball. He played so poorly I almost wondered whether he tanked that game. Epic choke.

Pomoz

Bench
He was downright horrible. If he just stepped up once, he'd have kicked the field goal and we'd have been through to the preliminary.

He DID NOT want the ball. He played so poorly I almost wondered whether he tanked that game. Epic choke.
He had a major neck injury. He shouldn't have played IMO. He required surgery on it in the off season.

Latest posts