What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ronaldo Issue

Chimp

Bench
So - what do we do about Ronaldo?

I’ve been vocal in my love for him - has plenty going for him, his passion, his toughness, his off-field persona, he’s everything you could want in a young footballer and a young man - his family must be immensely proud...

BUT..... I think he’s probably been reading his own press too much. His on field success was when he was playing tough, making it personal and letting his actions do his talking. At the moment, I think he looks a little bit too comfortable with his position - the smiling and joking during play, the repeated mistakes, particularly in defence (which are not all his fault and are also to be expected with a rookie) - needs to be playing like he’s trying to prove himself.

I’m not death riding him, I still love him - but Morris needs to get his mind back on track I reckon.

Craigshark

First Grade
The error in the play the ball last night where he put the ball on the ground too early pissed me off. Did exactly the same thing against the cowboys trying to milk the penalty. That should have been addressed after that game about not trying it again.

He seems like a big confidence player. We need his energy back at all times and not just after he scores a try.

Chimp

Bench
The error in the play the ball last night where he put the ball on the ground too early pissed me off. Did exactly the same thing against the cowboys trying to milk the penalty. That should have been addressed after that game about not trying it again.

He seems like a big confidence player. We need his energy back at all times and not just after he scores a try.
Shortcuts.... something we’re often guilty of looking for - whether it be sloppy PTB’s to milk a penalty, or ‘6 again’ given away in defence because we’re trying to slow
down the PTB after losing collision.

Well he's our clubs nominee for the Ken Stephens Medal. Great work the young fella. Vote for him here!!
https://www.nrl.com/community/awards/ken-stephen-medal/

They havent even mentioned what he's done for Fine Kula in this snippet. He was so excited last night to be playing in front of his mate.
The kid is a good'un.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/14/ken-stephen-medal-nominees-announced-vote-for-your-favourite/

Ronaldo Mulitalo – Sharks
Even before being a contracted player, Mulitalo was a regular at Sharks community events and initiatives.

At one of his first school visits, the winger made sure he spent time with an autistic student - giving him the polo off his own back after seeing him distressed at missing out on gear.

remote.axd

Mulitalo double locks in finals spot for Cronulla

Mulitalo has been a leader for community appearances, taking time in the off-season to travel to Papua New Guinea to assist in building a community hall and install a rainwater collection system.

He also championed the Give 5, Get 5 campaign to help transform the lives of Sydney's homeless youth.

THE EXTENDED VERSION

Before being a contracted player Ronaldo was a regular at Sharks community events and initiatives, eagerly accepting roles to deliver community programs and attend as many community events as possible.

At one of the first schools Ronaldo visited representing the Sharks he made sure he spent time with a student with autism that he spotted away from the group of kids he was signing items for. After seeing this boy was distressed about missing out, Ronaldo gifted the young boy the Sharks polo off his own back and signed it.

Ronaldo has been a leader for community appearances at the Sharks, more recently taking time in the recent off season to travel to Papua New Guinea to engage with the Papua New Guinea community and assist in building a community hall and install a rainwater collection system.

In 2019, just his first year as a contracted NRL player, Ronaldo led the Sharks community with 110 hours contributed. HIs efforts continued into early 2020, with Ronaldo once again leading the community appearance hours for the Club before Covid-19 restrictions were implemented.

In 2020 Ronaldo has taken part in various Sharks commitments, including the Sharks Bushfire Relief efforts, Sharks School Community Carnival visits, attending the local White Ribbon Walk event and spending time at a local Ladies Golf Club event to thank them for their donation to the Sharks.

VOTE FOR RONALDO HERE!!!

Ads

First Grade
A rookie with fifita’s attitude at its worst. Also can’t defend. There’s potential in him but they need to sort him out real quick.

I noticed he was gesturing to some people in the concourse last night after his second try, when watching the replay on Kayo, the commentators mentioned that Fine and his family were at the game and that he was making the gestures to them.

Also dare I say he was excellent under the high balls last night.

snout

First Grade
He is just too excited.
The body is a step ahead of the brain.
Just loves the game and the sharks too much which makes him guilty of errors.

Needs to learn to get in the zone. Concentrate on present and celebrate after the play - not before the play.

Tiger Shark

Bench
A rookie with fifita’s attitude at its worst. Also can’t defend. There’s potential in him but they need to sort him out real quick.

Calm down princess.

He’s a young kid who gets a bit excited. He’s also played hardly any first grade. Plenty of time to mature and improve.

Eion

First Grade
Well he's our clubs nominee for the Ken Stephens Medal. Great work the young fella. Vote for him here!!

They havent even mentioned what he's done for Fine Kula in this snippet. He was so excited last night to be playing in front of his mate.
The kid is a good'un.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/09/14/ken-stephen-medal-nominees-announced-vote-for-your-favourite/

Even before being a contracted player, Mulitalo was a regular at Sharks community events and initiatives.

At one of his first school visits, the winger made sure he spent time with an autistic student - giving him the polo off his own back after seeing him distressed at missing out on gear.

remote.axd

Mulitalo has been a leader for community appearances, taking time in the off-season to travel to Papua New Guinea to assist in building a community hall and install a rainwater collection system.

He also championed the Give 5, Get 5 campaign to help transform the lives of Sydney's homeless youth.

THE EXTENDED VERSION

Before being a contracted player Ronaldo was a regular at Sharks community events and initiatives, eagerly accepting roles to deliver community programs and attend as many community events as possible.

At one of the first schools Ronaldo visited representing the Sharks he made sure he spent time with a student with autism that he spotted away from the group of kids he was signing items for. After seeing this boy was distressed about missing out, Ronaldo gifted the young boy the Sharks polo off his own back and signed it.

Ronaldo has been a leader for community appearances at the Sharks, more recently taking time in the recent off season to travel to Papua New Guinea to engage with the Papua New Guinea community and assist in building a community hall and install a rainwater collection system.

In 2019, just his first year as a contracted NRL player, Ronaldo led the Sharks community with 110 hours contributed. HIs efforts continued into early 2020, with Ronaldo once again leading the community appearance hours for the Club before Covid-19 restrictions were implemented.

In 2020 Ronaldo has taken part in various Sharks commitments, including the Sharks Bushfire Relief efforts, Sharks School Community Carnival visits, attending the local White Ribbon Walk event and spending time at a local Ladies Golf Club event to thank them for their donation to the Sharks.

VOTE FOR RONALDO HERE!!!

Ronny has been doing amazing things off the paddock for someone so young.

At 20 years of age I would bet my left nut he’s the youngest nominee ever. He’s certainly the youngest in that field this year.

Well done young man!

chewsta

First Grade
I think his only flaw is the wandering in off his wing which unfortunately is a massive problem coming into the finals. He is a bit like Toby in that his enthusiasm can be his worst enemy but experience will sort that out. Other than that the kid is a weapon, on and off the field.

Ads

First Grade
Calm down princess.

He’s a young kid who gets a bit excited. He’s also played hardly any first grade. Plenty of time to mature and improve.
As I said. Plenty of potential but he’ll go nowhere with the defensive issues he has. And his attitude isn’t helping.

Card Shark

Immortal
He is just too excited.
The body is a step ahead of the brain.
Just loves the game and the sharks too much which makes him guilty of errors.

Needs to learn to get in the zone. Concentrate on present and celebrate after the play - not before the play.

I think you’ve got it.

I reckon it is partly the reason he can’t stay on his wing, too bloody excited instead of being patient.

I did notice 1 time last night he did some backtracking instead of coming in, & the cover got across to help.

So maybe, just maybe, he is improving.

snout

First Grade
I think you’ve got it.

I reckon it is partly the reason he can’t stay on his wing, too bloody excited instead of being patient.

I did notice 1 time last night he did some backtracking instead of coming in, & the cover got across to help.

So maybe, just maybe, he is improving.
See him when toby scored.
Pretty sure he had multiple orgasms.

Last edited:

Weaponhead

Coach
Ronnie needs time to mature physically and mentally. He is a couple of seasons away from playing consistent NRL level footy.

Seems like a quality human who is well worth persisting with.

Chimp

Bench
Ronnie needs time to mature physically and mentally. He is a couple of seasons away from playing consistent NRL level footy.

Seems like a quality human who is well worth persisting with.

Absolutely agree with this - I maintain he’s the sort of kid who you build your club around, seems like he’s a big part of the heart and soul of the team both on and off field, but he can’t let that get in the way of his development, and there’s been some areas where he’s regressed.

Just needs to re-align his focus a little - could do worse than taking a look at how the giraffe on the wing at the Roosters plays - does all the good stuff and the dirty work, but stays calm. Though granted, I want him to keep some of his enthusiasm and that bit of mongrel, but just chill a bit and focus on being better week on week.

Latest posts