What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals.

franklin2323

Immortal
Just watched it. I thought Kent had a point. We are yet to see if the team can go with a full strength Roosters/Storm playing their best football. Kent also said it's not a knock on the club having done everything asked of them so far since we don't pick the draw.

We blew the team running 4th off the park just the Friday gone. Did similar to Raiders a few weeks ago.

It isn't like we are only bashing up on the bad teams

Alintheeast

Juniors
I went to the pub last night 360 was on the TV, I asked the Barman to change it to SBS Movie Channel some boobs are better than others.
None of the people on the panel picked us to make the 8.

WestyLife

First Grade
We blew the team running 4th off the park just the Friday gone. Did similar to Raiders a few weeks ago.

It isn't like we are only bashing up on the bad teams

Missing their 5/8 and hooker. We still would've won playing so dominant in the forwards but they weren't exactly at their peak.

I went to the pub last night 360 was on the TV, I asked the Barman to change it to SBS Movie Channel some boobs are better than others.
None of the people on the panel picked us to make the 8.

They said it was a 3 team race which includes Panthers.

franklin2323

Immortal
Missing their 5/8 and hooker. We still would've won playing so dominant in the forwards but they weren't exactly at their peak.

They said it was a 3 team race which includes Panthers.

The Roosters won't be full strength in finals using that example

Kilkenny

Coach
Just watched it. I thought Kent had a point. We are yet to see if the team can go with a full strength Roosters/Storm playing their best football. Kent also said it's not a knock on the club having done everything asked of them so far since we don't pick the draw.

Kent is only expressing his opinion and frankly it is a view shared by many.

I’m still apprehensive we may not have the points in us to beat either Roosters or Storm at there best.

We did dominate the Eels but can’t help feeling we should have scored far more tries given our dominance.

betcats

Referee
I was pretty happy with the Parra game tbh, we created plenty of chances its not like we dominated possesion and field position and werent coming close to scoring. 9 times out of 10 Jerome isnt getting held up in the first half and Liam Martin would normally score the one he dropped close to the line later in the half. Kikau scores if he doesnt hit that post in the second half and that isnt even all of bombed tries, just the closest ones I think. Add to or three tries to our 20 points and that is about the level of dominance we showed.

Kilkenny

Coach
I was pretty happy with the Parra game tbh, we created plenty of chances its not like we dominated possesion and field position and werent coming close to scoring. 9 times out of 10 Jerome isnt getting held up in the first half and Liam Martin would normally score the one he dropped close to the line later in the half. Kikau scores if he doesnt hit that post in the second half and that isnt even all of bombed tries, just the closest ones I think. Add to or three tries to our 20 points and that is about the level of dominance we showed.
I was more than happy with the win but we will need to take our chances in the big games coming up.

franklin2323

Immortal
They'll have their spine and forwards with SBW replacing Radley. If anyone think that Eels team and the Roosters are the same level they're dreaming.

Radley offers more then SBW given he can play hooker. No Verrils either.

Not saying they are but lets look over the last 6 weeks.

We have beaten 3 top 8 teams. Including Canberra that have beaten both Roosters and Storm this year.

The combined score of 159-54.

Storm for the same period
3 games v Top 8 teams. 2 wins. 1 loss
Combined score 153-72

Roosters again 2 and 1 v Top 8 teams
Combined score 186-86

So over the last 6 week period. We have the same mix of Top 8 and bottom 8 sides as the 'Top 2 sides'

Conceded less than both. Better points differential then both 2. So hard to fault our form anyway you look at it

WestyLife

First Grade
Radley offers more then SBW given he can play hooker. No Verrils either.

Not saying they are but lets look over the last 6 weeks.

We have beaten 3 top 8 teams. Including Canberra that have beaten both Roosters and Storm this year.

The combined score of 159-54.

Storm for the same period
3 games v Top 8 teams. 2 wins. 1 loss
Combined score 153-72

Roosters again 2 and 1 v Top 8 teams
Combined score 186-86

So over the last 6 week period. We have the same mix of Top 8 and bottom 8 sides as the 'Top 2 sides'

Conceded less than both. Better points differential then both 2. So hard to fault our form anyway you look at it

Who's doubting our form? The regular season form will be irrelevant in finals. The point is Roosters/Storm will go up a gear in finals and no one knows if this Panthers team can do it because it's essentially a new team that hasn't had the opportunity yet.

blue bags

First Grade
Why are you coming on Panthers forum and posting match reports of the club's only defeat this season, not only in one, but in multiple threads? This is odd behaviour in anyone's language.
just a reminder of could happen,1 in panthers , 1 in eels forums, if your off your game on the day . very likely eels v panthers in finals
am i right, and it was the last lost, thank u

The_Frog

First Grade
The Storm side we beat in round 6 had AddoCarr out, but apart from that was pretty much full strength. The Rabbitohs side the following week was also pretty much full strength. Both these sides started favourites. Since then we've had the Sharks twice and the Raiders, and we've beaten them all.

WestyLife

First Grade
The Storm side we beat in round 6 had AddoCarr out, but apart from that was pretty much full strength. The Rabbitohs side the following week was also pretty much full strength. Both these sides started favourites. Since then we've had the Sharks twice and the Raiders, and we've beaten them all.

Steve on the wing, Brandon Smith at prop and Jacks at halfback.

Panfa

Juniors
Looks most likely we will play parra 1st up in the semis.Thats good as it should see us go to week 3 however the down side to that is we might be playing a roosters or storm in week 3.Im confident we can beat either team in week 3 however i think id much rather play the roosters than the storm to be honest.Id like to see penrith v storm grand final.

age.s

First Grade

Leota dropped one over the line too. We were about 40 points better than them in general play.

One of the most telling moments was after Cleary kicked the penalty to make it 14-2 with 4 to go. The game is still very much live at this point, you'd absolutely expect the short kick off. Instead they put it long. They were so well and truly bashed that they didn't want to compete any more, despite the game not being mathematically out of their reach.

age.s

First Grade
Looks most likely we will play parra 1st up in the semis.Thats good as it should see us go to week 3 however the down side to that is we might be playing a roosters or storm in week 3.Im confident we can beat either team in week 3 however i think id much rather play the roosters than the storm to be honest.Id like to see penrith v storm grand final.

Whoever wins will have to beat 2 of the top 3. Shouldn't be a way around it.

The_Frog

First Grade
Current chance according to Sportsbet.

Roosters 32.25%
Panthers 25.00%
Storm 25.00%
Raiders 7.69%
Eels 4.76%
Rabbitohs 3.23%
Knights 1.49%
Sharks 1.23%

The Roosters have tightened just in the last day or so while the Panthers and Storm have eased. My guess is that some substantial coin has been bet on the Roosters, although the way they are carving teams up they deserve favouritism.

Latest posts