What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redv13

Bench
he’s 30yrs old with a terrible judiciary record but he would toughen up our powder puff pack & he wouldn’t break the bank.
Although a little younger at the time, Mick Weyman was exactly the same prior to Benny bringing him over. McGuire is a grub but he would add some much needed starch and has played under Griffin before. I’m sick of our forwards playing like a pack of pussies and having zero punch. We’ve have had ZERO MONGREL OR NIGGLE since we lost Scott, Smith, Costigan, Weyman. We used to dominate, now we’re like little puppy dogs. Hate him but a big yes from me for 2/3 yrs

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Although a little younger at the time, Mick Weyman was exactly the same prior to Benny bringing him over. McGuire is a grub but he would add some much needed starch and has played under Griffin before. I’m sick of our forwards playing like a pack of pussies and having zero punch. We’ve have had ZERO MONGREL OR NIGGLE since we lost Scott, Smith, Costigan, Weyman. We used to dominate, now we’re like little puppy dogs. Hate him but a big yes from me for 2/3 yrs
He had a good battle with Lawrie when we played them the other week. Really stirred up Blocka, to his credit Lawrie did meet the challenge head on. McGuire could really add an edge to players like he, Kerr and Blacker and unlike Graham is still performing at a high level.

since77

Juniors
McGuire is an interesting one. I remember when he was younger at the Broncos thinking he’d look great in a Dragons jersey. 2 years at the right price, maybe. Maybe.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I reckon props are at the peak around 30, before that they make stupid mistakes and aren't as reliable.

McGuire is the type of front rower we need and I think guys like Lawrie and Ellis could then be pushed back to second row and will be much sharper on the edges now they've got front row experience under their belts.

Get him in!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
McGuire is an interesting one. I remember when he was younger at the Broncos thinking he’d look great in a Dragons jersey. 2 years at the right price, maybe. Maybe.
He's only on 300k at the Cowboys apparently, id pay that easily. I hadn't even considered him, but he does have mongrel about much like Costigan did for us. Graham was passionate and a leader but McGuire is an out and out bully and maybe that's what we need.

Gareth67

First Grade
I am actually quite shocked by the story !

I was only saying to my Ethel on Saturday night - after the Dragons thrashing at the hands of the green machine - just how soft we were in the forward pack .

Her reply “ you need that Cowboy chap who has his nose spread all over his face “ .
Of course she was referring to Josh McGuire . But he gives away far too many penalties luv - was my reply .

“ Then sign that referee player from Melbourne, I am sure that he could get him of a murder charge ! “

Well there you go gents , the little lady is always right !

Last edited:

redVinme

Juniors
I actually quite shocked about the story !

I was only saying to my Ethel on Saturday night - after the Dragons thrashing at the hands of the green machine - just how soft we were in the forward pack .

Her reply “ you need that Cowboy chap who has his nose spread all over his face “ .
Of course she was referring to Josh McGuire . But he gives away far too many penalties luv - was my reply .

“ Then sign that referee player from Melbourne, I am sure that he could get him of a murder charge ! “

Well there you go gents , the little lady is always right !

Gave me a good chuckle

SAP58

Juniors
I reckon props are at the peak around 30, before that they make stupid mistakes and aren't as reliable.

McGuire is the type of front rower we need and I think guys like Lawrie and Ellis could then be pushed back to second row and will be much sharper on the edges now they've got front row experience under their belts.

Get him in!
Hmmm wouldn’t we be better to go after Jack Hetherington ? Not sure of the chances of getting him. Maybe Go for both....that would test out our defence next year playing with 11 men !

redv13

Bench
We’ve got 1.5M to spend so there’s no reason why we can’t do both? McGuire is a 2yrs short term fix & Hetherington is a 3-4yr mainstay of the pack.
I’d go JDB 550k, Joe O 500, McGuire 350, Hetherington 250. Surely they can trim 150k from somewhere ( personally if we’re stuck with slim shady then see ya Korbin )