What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Sounds like he’s heading to Kogarah

Agree with the above posts , although I never liked his dirty play , I believe that the time has well and truly passed where the Dragons forward pack requires an injection of raw venom and whom better than McGuire to do this .

Should he move down to the ‘ Gong , then he may be just the man to relight that fire in Tarique Simms that has been missing this season .

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Im with you on this one.....31 next year....not much available granted but think his best years are behind him....
Not sold on him yet either but what is very noticeable with him as with maybe a couple others out there but as soon as he hits the line he slows down and swings around and gets his back into them to make yards and time getting held up...which I’m not a fan of all though it may help him get an easy off load away
And the next time you see him play will be next year.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Not sold on him yet either but what is very noticeable with him as with maybe a couple others out there but as soon as he hits the line he slows down and swings around and gets his back into them to make yards and time getting held up...which I’m not a fan of all though it may help him get an easy off load away
And the next time you see him play will be next year.

BLM01 - I've watched him since he was getting pushed out of Brisbane as a possible recruit for Dragons. All I can say is he has been extremely average for his whole time up at NQ. To me he looks overweight and slow. His defence is not what it once was at Brisbane - he now waits for thr runner to come to him, when once he would move into the collision.

I'm with you BLM01, I think there are better options.

BLM01

First Grade
BLM01 - I've watched him since he was getting pushed out of Brisbane as a possible recruit for Dragons. All I can say is he has been extremely average for his whole time up at NQ. To me he looks overweight and slow. His defence is not what it once was at Brisbane - he now waits for thr runner to come to him, when once he would move into the collision.

I'm with you BLM01, I think there are better options.
But I will say this I’m still okay to give him an opportunity because guys that have been able to do it in the past and not over the hill can do it again
it could be that just wasn’t enjoying his time under the coach or whatever the reason but some decent coaches can bring the best out of some players and cant others
I’m still on the fence as could offer more than we have had and if we sign him I won’t bag him yet.. I’ll give him an opportunity under Griffin so it will be a watch & wait with him

Mjab

Juniors
AFB has been granted a release from Manly to move away from Sydney if fair compensation is reached. Dragons and Warriors mentioned. Saab with some money no problem.
possibly good news
I know he has had issues but I would take him with our current stockpile
put some behavour clauses in contract

Mjab

Juniors
But I will say this I’m still okay to give him an opportunity because guys that have been able to do it in the past and not over the hill can do it again
it could be that just wasn’t enjoying his time under the coach or whatever the reason but some decent coaches can bring the best out of some players and cant others
I’m still on the fence as could offer more than we have had and if we sign him I won’t bag him yet.. I’ll give him an opportunity under Griffin so it will be a watch & wait with him

since he likes Griff and Saints he may be good
Griff may be able to turn around a few of our underperformers , or at least I hope so

Green had obviously lost the shed last 2 years and well hannant not going to be able to get the best out the team

denis preston

First Grade
I’d go JDB 550k, Joe O 500, McGuire 350, Hetherington 250. Surely they can trim 150k from somewhere ( personally if we’re stuck with slim shady then see ya Korbin )

You know what RV i'd normally agree re Korban but the last game he played before his injury he played like a man inspired , particularly on defence. If Griffin can get some intensity & consistency in his game he certainly will be part of our forwards renaissance.

Dragon David

First Grade
since he likes Griff and Saints he may be good
Griff may be able to turn around a few of our underperformers , or at least I hope so

Green had obviously lost the shed last 2 years and well hannant not going to be able to get the best out the team
Josh Hannay not hannant I think you mean Mjab.

Latest posts