What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Roosters

snout

First Grade
Whys that?
SJs missed 3 weeks with a groin. Its a nothing game in respect to where we finish. You put him on ice and he runs with the team at training only for the nek fortnite and you bring Trindall in.
It gives Tricky game time he wouldnt normally get and against quality opposition and against kyle F.

There's no advantage to playing SJ.
None.

This week Id also rest...
brayley.
Duges.
Katoa.
Talekai.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
SJs missed 3 weeks with a groin. Its a nothing game in respect to where we finish. You put him on ice and he runs with the team at training only for the nek fortnite and you bring Trindall in.
It gives Tricky game time he wouldnt normally get and against quality opposition and against kyle F.

None.

brayley.
Duges.
Katoa.
Talekai.
I disagree mate....I think the next 2 weeks are a further chance to further develop our combinations without any pressure on the team. I actually expect the young guys to improve significantly without that pressure of needing to win to secure a finals spot. Different story if there is any nigglies (maybe Duges) but I like the fact that Bomber has selected his best 17. If we happen to pick up a couple of injuries so be it....we have a lot more to gain from going into the finals with some confidence than getting belted by 50 the next 2 weeks imo.

snout

First Grade
I disagree mate....I think the next 2 weeks are a further chance to further develop our combinations without any pressure on the team. I actually expect the young guys to improve significantly without that pressure of needing to win to secure a finals spot. Different story if there is any nigglies (maybe Duges) but I like the fact that Bomber has selected his best 17. If we happen to pick up a couple of injuries so be it....we have a lot more to gain from going into the finals with some confidence than getting belted by 50 the next 2 weeks imo.
Too many years we go into a semi with a major player pulling out injured.
We finally have a chance to rest blokes before a knockout game.

There's no hiding place on saturday nite. The chooks will come out to hurt blokes

Last edited:

Craigshark

First Grade
If it looks like we’re gonna play canberra first week if the semi’s I’d be sending Vasquez out to take wightons head off and resting everyone

Chimp

Bench
If it looks like we’re gonna play canberra first week if the semi’s I’d be sending Vasquez out to take wightons head off and resting everyone
Exactly - give all of our squad men a game, advise them the club will cover costs of all disciplinary fines, go out and do your worst.... put a price on blokes heads - let’s go Terry Lamb style old school.....

Batter Papali, and take a fight to Wighton and Bateman - either hurt them, or get them banned.

ghoti

Bench

None.

brayley.
Duges.
Katoa.
Talekai.

What does that do to the morale of the rest of the squad who go out there and get bashed to lose by 70? What injuries get CAUSED by players trying to defend alongside strangers? Bulk resting is a really bad idea ...go into the finals splintered, lost cohesion, lost unity and with a few guys slightly fresher isn't an upside.

What do the top sides do every single year? Maybe one or two players with niggles get rested, the rest of the squad competes and competes and competes.

snout

First Grade
What does that do to the morale of the rest of the squad who go out there and get bashed to lose by 70? What injuries get CAUSED by players trying to defend alongside strangers? Bulk resting is a really bad idea ...go into the finals splintered, lost cohesion, lost unity and with a few guys slightly fresher isn't an upside.

What do the top sides do every single year? Maybe one or two players with niggles get rested, the rest of the squad competes and competes and competes.
Come on. What do you think we are sending out the under 12s.

Sorenson. Magoulias. Trindall. Wilton. Etc. Top squad footballers who train every session.
You think theyre gonna get touched up by 70?
You think they dont need a game?
They dont want an oppprtunity to show what they can do against the premiers?
These guys would love the opp to smash a rorter.
Remember the baby broncos. Show us what you've got Jets.

You just don't get this opportunity every year to give Johnsons groin or other niggles a rest.
2 nothing games.
If we win it makes no difference to anything.

We have 3 weeks to prepare as best we can for our biggest game of the year so far. The word is 'prepare'.

Be smart bomber.

Last edited:

ghoti

Bench
Come on. What do you think we are sending out the under 12s.

Sorenson. Magoulias. Trindall. Wilton. Etc. Top squad footballers who train every session.
You think theyre gonna get touched up by 70?
You think they dont need a game?
They dont want an oppprtunity to show what they can do against the premiers?
These guys would love the opp to smash a rorter.
Remember the baby broncos. Show us what you've got Jets.

You just don't get this opportunity every year to give Johnsons groin or other niggles a rest.
2 nothing games.
If we win it makes no difference to anything.

We have 3 weeks to prepare as best we can for our biggest game of the year so far. The word is 'prepare'.

Be smart bomber.

Normally I wouldn't bite... but the squad you wanna send in to play the best team in the comp would be... (going off Morris' selection preferences and your resting of SJ, Brayley, Duges, Katoa and Talakai with Graham and Townsend suspended)

1. Kennedy
2. Mulitalo
3. Ferris
4. Ramien
5. Goodwin
6. Tracey
7. Trindall
8. Hamlin-Uele
9. Magoulis??
10. Woods
11. Nikora
12. Wilton
13. Rudolph

14. Sorensen
13. Williams
16. Fifita
17. Hunt

In answer to yr questions... yes I think that side would get beat by 70 (40 if I'm conservative), no I don't think Magoulis or Goodwin need a game, Ferris needs to be rushed back, or some stop gap hooker need be trialed, I think they might say they'd like the opportunity but see how they feel after 80 minutes of no support, they won't smash any Rorters, and the Baby Broncos are coming last.

Fielding half a reserve grade side and getting smashed isn't preparation, fine tuning combinations in two finals quality games before the finals is preparation.