What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ofahengaue

lynx000

Juniors
OFAHE has links with GRIFFO from his bronco days ?
Cheers mate, good to know. Sounds like Griffin's appointment might be a very astute one, been a while since we had a coach interested in anyone other than their favourites. He might even get their names right!
He coached the U20's side that made the grand final and lost to Canberra in golden point 28-24. Ben Hunt was the halfback of that side. Alex Glenn was the captain.

Yeah I don’t mind this signing if we can get him.
He looks like he needs a full change.
Played well for QLD last year and is still only 24 so his best years should be his next few as a middle forward.
Has some mongrel as well which we need.

possm

Coach
Why we have

Ford
Kerr
Lawrie
Host

No need to buy anyone .....
For and Host are backrow forwards who mostly play on the edge and in my opinion, Lawrie should be playing in reserve grade as a backup player. Kerr is the only genuine prop out of your list and he would be the junior prop coming off the bench at most other Clubs. I'd like to see:

First Grade
Vaughan
Ofahengaue
De Belin if cleared to play, or recruit a top grade prop
Kerr or Pangai Jr

Reserve Grade
Kerr or Pangai Jr
Ellis
Lawrie
Blacker

Gareth67

First Grade
For and Host are backrow forwards who mostly play on the edge and in my opinion, Lawrie should be playing in reserve grade as a backup player. Kerr is the only genuine prop out of your list and he would be the junior prop coming off the bench at most other Clubs. I'd like to see:

First Grade
Vaughan
Ofahengaue
De Belin if cleared to play, or recruit a top grade prop
Kerr or Pangai Jr

Reserve Grade
Kerr or Pangai Jr
Ellis
Lawrie
Blacker

Possum mate you have 3 very big ‘ may-he’s ‘ on your team list . I don’t like the chances of JDB or Pangi Jr.

Ofahengaue is about the only player that is possibly a chance of being in the Dragons colors next year .

SaintPauli

Juniors
Why does anyone think Roger TS is available. He’s on a million at the Warriors. Would love him but pie in the sky.
Don’t think Dufty is good enough as our long term fullback though.
How about the young Penrith winger who got 4 tries on debut.
Really a no brainer
Roger TS on 1million or
Ben Hunt on 1.2 million. Man we got dudded.

possm

Coach
Really a no brainer
Roger TS on 1million or
Ben Hunt on 1.2 million. Man we got dudded.
How many other marquee players did we pass up only to settle on Norman and Hunt?

Griffins job is made so much harder by the incompetance of those before him.
Dugan for Dufty - when it should have been a marquee fullback
We should have signed the Morris twins - instead we go for Ravalawa and Pearson
We replace Gasnier and Cooper with Aitken and a string of very ordinary centres.

The list goes on but now it is time to clear the dead wood and start rebuilding the all mighty Saints with Griffin at the helm.

Millward Mess

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
How many other marquee players did we pass up only to settle on Norman and Hunt?

We replace Gasnier and Cooper with Aitken and a string of very ordinary centres.

The list goes on but now it is time to clear the dead wood and start rebuilding the all mighty Saints with Griffin at the helm.

Millward Mess
Didn’t realise you weren’t a fan of Millwards; you should have said something ...

getsmarty

Immortal

Millward Mess

With all due respect possm, we let dugan go as he was asking too much money. In hindsight it was the correct decision. Ask any sharks supporter...

possm

Coach
If retained we will see how Millward really is with a real coach. Hard to attract talent with a rookie. If not I’m not shattered but he didn’t have an easy job.
I doubt very much that Griffin will keep hold of Millward. Maybe he will go and run the Illwarra Rugby Leagues Club. Andrew will pay his salary and any losses he incurs.

epDragon62

First Grade
Lawrie should get better as he approaches the prop maturity age; I like his commitment.

However, the stats don't tell the story that explains why we are soft in the middle. Lawrie simply does not hit hard most of the time.

possm

Coach
Lawrie should get better as he approaches the prop maturity age; I like his commitment.

However, the stats don't tell the story that explains why we are soft in the middle. Lawrie simply does not hit hard most of the time.
To me Lawrie and Host are good bench players at best. If Blacker comes good then it will be Canterbury Cup for Lawrie.

Latest posts