What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals.

The_Frog

First Grade
Correct raw numbers can be very misleading. If you don't think the 2020 Roosters are the best football side in the competition then well I don't know what to say to you.

Lucky the best side doesn't always win
Well they probably are, but how do you measure it? They've lost 5 games against our one.

Jane Murray

Bench
Even in their cap compliant years they've been dominant. Roosters and Storm are the benchmark like it or not. There's nothing saying we can't get there and I daresay the beginning of an era is starting at the club with genuine long term talent and good staff/administration of the football department being the focus BUT you aren't given respect you must earn it and Panthers haven't yet.
Yeah I've got what you said, however, a lot of people, myself included, still think of them as cheaters.

franklin2323

Immortal
It's perfectly valid to suggest players/clubs who have done it countless times and are proven champions have an edge in big games. Panthers have to earn that reputation just like Roosters and Storm have.

No year is like this year though.
Long season with no byes helps younger guys.
Being in the bubble means no media days.
No open traininng sessions
Very limited crowds

All lead to it being like normal club games which all comes to helping us.

franklin2323

Immortal
Just such a young team. Even our own fans have been expecting a loss every week including on here. They might go undefeated till the GF win but no one will believe it till they see it.

I get that thinking early on. Even last year we managed a good couple of months of form but we have a whole season of great form. Different combinations, different opposition, different grounds and preparation. While we have games that aren't quite on. We haven't looked like losing even the loss we played a great 70 mins

WestyLife

First Grade
I get that thinking early on. Even last year we managed a good couple of months of form but we have a whole season of great form. Different combinations, different opposition, different grounds and preparation. While we have games that aren't quite on. We haven't looked like losing even the loss we played a great 70 mins

It'll all be for nothing if they don't win a premiership. You don't earn the reputation from a good regular season.

maple_69

Bench
I think we deserve to be the underdogs. Chooks/Storm have proven it time and again and we haven’t yet. Do or die pressure, potentially 40K crowds, competitive packs and clinical set plays is not something we’ve had to deal with much all year.

Youth, a healthy roster, incredible mateship and not knowing how to lose is on our side. I think we can do it. If we don’t get it done this year, we’re set up to keep coming at the Provan Summons for a long time.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Parra have now moved into third place with their win last night and two points ahead of the Roosters. Chooks have Sharks tonight and Bunnies next week so if they lose one of those games and Parra beat Tigers next week we will play Easts in the first semi. I would have been much more comfortable playing Eels in week 1 of semis.

GongPanther

Referee
Doesn't matter as we will play anyone. Sooner or later it's going to happen in playing the big guns. Like it was said a day or so, the only thing that can beat us is ourselves.

blue bags

First Grade
Parra have now moved into third place with their win last night and two points ahead of the Roosters. Chooks have Sharks tonight and Bunnies next week so if they lose one of those games and Parra beat Tigers next week we will play Easts in the first semi. I would have been much more comfortable playing Eels in week 1 of semis.
pantherz are a little concerned now

Latest posts