What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
Although the article says Asiata wants to start at lock - we recently retained Nathan Brown, so would Asiata come to the Eels to play off the bench again?

Or would Browny go to the bench?

was thinking the same thing, he reason for leaving is to get a starting role as a 13. He would get that at the dragons or dogs.

only way that would work for us would be if we shafted or benched Lane and moved Brown onto an edge, and given Lane’s lack of effort or interest in many games this year, I wouldn’t be against it...

Gazzamatta

Coach

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
was thinking the same thing, he reason for leaving is to get a starting role as a 13. He would get that at the dragons or dogs.

only way that would work for us would be if we shafted or benched Lane and moved Brown onto an edge, and given Lane’s lack of effort or interest in many games this year, I wouldn’t be against it...

When has Brown ever been an edge player?

emjaycee

Coach
Cheers JE.
So I figure that means he can be approached from Nov 1 this year.
Buzz's Rants and Raves a couple of months ago suggested an Eel was spruking that he was being underpaid. Not suggesting Nrown but my sinister mind reckons is was about the time our form dipped considerably. I gotta stop reading all that gossip sh*t.
Nrown is one player who you cannot accuse of having a form dip.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Nrown is one player who you cannot accuse of having a form dip.
Absolutely although he was giving up a few post contact meters when defending probably as a result of lack of numbers in the tackle and fatigue. If they all put in like Browny we'd be hard to beat.

hindy111

Post Whore
Parramatta isn't in sydney it's out the west of sydney why cant they tell him that

Even if he was open to us he would demand to much. My guess is 600k+
We have two middles on that. Our bench has Kafusi so we only need one more top 17 middle.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Even if he was open to us he would demand to much. My guess is 600k+
We have two middles on that. Our bench has Kafusi so we only need one more top 17 middle.
I thought every merkin was supposed to be taking a pay cut because of THE VIRUS? The salary cap is going down, is it not? Asiata is not going to get 600+.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought every merkin was supposed to be taking a pay cut because of THE VIRUS? The salary cap is going down, is it not? Asiata is not going to get 600+.
Aren't they talking about AFB?

In any case, the cap might go down but the elite players will keep getting more money. It's everyone else who will need to take pay cuts. Is AFB an elite middle forward? I reckon he's close. Best PCM/carry in the NRL along with Payne Haas, though Haas has better defensive workrate.

Latest posts