What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

be55

Juniors
Was AFB playing with Tonga when Hook was there...i don't know, they could have a connection if he was...i still think it is a long shot but worth day dreaming about... he would be a great signing for us no doubt...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Imagine a forward pack containing JDB, McGuire, AFB, Vaughan and T.Sims, with a combination of Lawrie, Ford, Kerr, Blacker, Host and Fuimaono fighting for the remaining spots. Plenty of experience and toughness in around the young guys to help them develop. Frizell's right back row spot is a worry though. But those fairly realistic signings would immediately change the whole complexion of our side. I guess if I wanted to dream Asiata could fill Friz's spot too if we could afford him. He could get an awesome combo going with our right edge.

Dragon David

First Grade
Imagine a forward pack containing JDB, McGuire, AFB, Vaughan and T.Sims, with a combination of Lawrie, Ford, Kerr, Blacker, Host and Fuimaono fighting for the remaining spots. Plenty of experience and toughness in around the young guys to help them develop. Frizell's right back row spot is a worry though. But those fairly realistic signings would immediately change the whole complexion of our side. I guess if I wanted to dream Asiata could fill Friz's spot too if we could afford him. He could get an awesome combo going with our right edge.
Just looked up Sporting News Video Hub and Kenny Bromwich of the Storm is wondering why Christian Welch has not signed yet and hopes that he does. I wonder now that the coach for the Dragons has been sorted out that he is rethinking about signing with us particularly if we have offered him a juicy carrot.

Come on Millward or whomever is the recruitment guy now, get cracking and get this guy signed up!! Offer him a deal too good to refuse.

SAP58

Juniors
Just looked up Sporting News Video Hub and Kenny Bromwich of the Storm is wondering why Christian Welch has not signed yet and hopes that he does. I wonder now that the coach for the Dragons has been sorted out that he is rethinking about signing with us particularly if we have offered him a juicy carrot.

Come on Millward or whomever is the recruitment guy now, get cracking and get this guy signed up!! Offer him a deal too good to refuse.
Really reports were that he agreed to terms. I am a big fan.

Maddragon99

Juniors

How quickly things change hey? Book your flight to Melbourne Ian!

possm

Coach
If we could sign McGuire, AFB and the big O we would have a front row rotation to die for. With a pack like that, I'd put Ford on the right edge mainly because he has the speed and versatility to do a good job there. the pack would look like this:

8. AFB
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Ford
13. JDB

14. McGuire
15. Kerr
16. Big O
17. Host

What a pack that would be!

Last edited:

redVinme

Juniors

Waiting on cam smith?

Dragon David

First Grade
I've heard that Welch has knocked us back to stay with Melbourne.
By the sounds of things, he hasn't signed yet and maybe he is waiting on the decision by Cam Smith if he will play on or quit thus freeing up funds to get a better deal. All ifs and buts but if there is any chance still, Millward should be in Welch's ear with as I have said, an offer too good to refuse but of course not paying too much in overs.

possm

Coach
By the sounds of things, he hasn't signed yet and maybe he is waiting on the decision by Cam Smith if he will play on or quit thus freeing up funds to get a better deal. All ifs and buts but if there is any chance still, Millward should be in Welch's ear with as I have said, an offer too good to refuse but of course not paying too much in overs.
I'd rather Griffin deal direct with the player managers. I have no faith in Millward getting the job done.

qld redvee

Juniors
talk on 360 that Maguire is on big money at the cowboys ... Now I dont know if we can afford him on the same dollars . Cant imagine cowboys kicking in any money unless payten thinks he is a liability and wants to move him on .. I hope griffin is a fan of welch and has another go for him if he hasnt signed the new deal at storm . AFB would be a massive get but he is carrying a knee injury with all that strapping and he went off hurt on the weekend hopefully nothing serious if we were to grab him
this is where griffin has to be looking at roster and identifying who to resign , let go or try to move on ..
not a lot of time from November 1 until new season so he has to get real busy

possm

Coach
talk on 360 that Maguire is on big money at the cowboys ... Now I dont know if we can afford him on the same dollars . Cant imagine cowboys kicking in any money unless payten thinks he is a liability and wants to move him on .. I hope griffin is a fan of welch and has another go for him if he hasnt signed the new deal at storm . AFB would be a massive get but he is carrying a knee injury with all that strapping and he went off hurt on the weekend hopefully nothing serious if we were to grab him
this is where griffin has to be looking at roster and identifying who to resign , let go or try to move on ..
not a lot of time from November 1 until new season so he has to get real busy
The Cowboys can take Norman for McGuire
The Broncos can take Hunt for the big O
Manly can take Saab and Merrin for AFB

Possm has solved the problem, now Griffin can do the easy stuff.

mickeylane

Bench

I reckon Welch could end up coming. I'm also thinking Ofenhangaue along w the rumoured interest for Mcguire.

Vaughan
Mciness
Welch
Mcguire

Sims
Ofanhengaue

Dirty grub pack...thats what we need..

Latest posts