What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Front-Rower

First Grade
Though I still think Farrah's was a non-issue for everyone except Greenburg.

Farah left with the promise of a job after footy then came back on a playing contract raising questions about the value of the contract to the value of the job after footy. That’s why we got pinged.

100%. We only got burnt cos Greenberg was a shit merkin. No sympathy from me when the media tore him down.
If he was still running the game, there would still be 2 refs if they played at all.

Still can't believe he hasn't announced that he's running for politics, he certainly spoke and acted like one..

Ron's_Mate

Bench
If Green turd was still in charge there would be no NRL. When there was a crisis he was found to be completely out of his depth. V'Landys turned up at just the right time to get us rid of that turkey.

WA Tiger

Bench
Benji is adored at Fox and second to none as most respected and recognised player around the league world for what he’s done (that’s always a good place to start) ...not at the west tigers tho the club he loved but that’s ok ..with Benji when you think his story is over it just keeps going
That job offer is a token gesture and likely a token gesture pay...I don’t think Madge and Benji want to come to work each day and see each other’s mug

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hearing that Garner may be going to Manly despite 2 years left on his deal. Not sure if this is club trying to move him on or he wants out.

Are Blore and McIntyre 2nd rowers or middle forwards? If they prefer 2nd row then I don't see Garner as a huge loss but if not then we might be in trouble

Tigerm

First Grade
Hearing that Garner may be going to Manly despite 2 years left on his deal. Not sure if this is club trying to move him on or he wants out.

Are Blore and McIntyre 2nd rowers or middle forwards? If they prefer 2nd row then I don't see Garner as a huge loss but if not then we might be in trouble
Unfortunately I agree with you on Garner.

WA Tiger

Bench
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.nine.com.au/article/99f3b621-04b7-476f-aab7-3cdc2c44883c

Snippets from article
“The 35-year old currently sits second only to Cronulla's Shaun Johnson for try assists this year and was the main point of threat against the Rabbitohs last Thursday.

Cook, who was on the opposite side of the park at Bankwest Stadium, said it was clear among his teammates that Marshall was the Tigers' biggest asset, and was baffled as to why he was being let go.”

"I'll tell you one thing about him from the weekend. Benji has been told [he's] no longer [wanted] at the Tigers but he was the main threat we came up against on the weekend.

"We had to stop him. He was the one threatening us each time he backed himself, and for a team that's letting him go they still had him in full control of the game and he's a big reason why that game came down to two points."

Ok so who do I believe? Someone’s got it wrong Hmmm

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
What isn't being reported is the fact that Reynolds and Brooks are sitting there on 1.5 million a year combined, plus JAC incoming which will shift either AD or Mbye into 6.

It would make my day if someone from Tigers just came out and said - "we told Benji that if he could convince Reynolds or Mbye to find a new club we would re-sign him...."

WA Tiger

Bench
What isn't being reported is the fact that Reynolds and Brooks are sitting there on 1.5 million a year combined, plus JAC incoming which will shift either AD or Mbye into 6.

It would make my day if someone from Tigers just came out and said - "we told Benji that if he could convince Reynolds or Mbye to find a new club we would re-sign him...."
And make it seem a little less brutal and clarify the reality of the situation which would put minds at ease yip ..It’s a “company” stuff up tho that’s prob why they haven't..not good to wave that around ..instead just clip him and ship him

super_coach

First Grade

My info and it comes from a impeccable source, Manly started the ball rolling as they are light on for forwards next and Garner did not need much convincing that a change would be a good move. Anyway nothing signed but talks are well progressed

super_coach

First Grade
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.nine.com.au/article/99f3b621-04b7-476f-aab7-3cdc2c44883c

Snippets from article
“The 35-year old currently sits second only to Cronulla's Shaun Johnson for try assists this year and was the main point of threat against the Rabbitohs last Thursday.

Cook, who was on the opposite side of the park at Bankwest Stadium, said it was clear among his teammates that Marshall was the Tigers' biggest asset, and was baffled as to why he was being let go.”

"I'll tell you one thing about him from the weekend. Benji has been told [he's] no longer [wanted] at the Tigers but he was the main threat we came up against on the weekend.

"We had to stop him. He was the one threatening us each time he backed himself, and for a team that's letting him go they still had him in full control of the game and he's a big reason why that game came down to two points."

Ok so who do I believe? Someone’s got it wrong Hmmm

I love these articles...of course Benji was the one they had to stop, he was the primary playmaker, and yes the primary playmaker usually has the most try assists. Now my guess if Benji was not there, Souths would have had to concentrated on Brooks or who ever played the role of playmaker.
Benji could probably do what he is doing now for another five years, but we would be playing a man down without the ball

Latest posts