What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

possm

Coach
The rumours of prospective forwards to the Dragons is fascinating and pleasing at the same time.

McGuire
Big O
AFB
Welsh
Asiata

It's now a question of who willcand wants to come
JAC has still not managed to grab a deal with the Tigers. Bellemy likes a challenge so maybe Saab + Norman for JAC.

Dea

Juniors
AFB is on $850k at Manly and the Warriors have matched it for 3 years.

Can't see him coming here.

possm

Coach
I’m sort of interested to See who Hook can turn around and I am confident Hunt is one of those
Norman not so much
What about Dufty, do you think Griffin can address his defensive problems or do we recruit a fullback until Schiller is ready?

Mjab

Juniors
What about Dufty, do you think Griffin can address his defensive problems or do we recruit a fullback until Schiller is ready?
I m hoping he can or at least someone can

they should have had the kid mentored years ago by a a good and proper fullback ie Slater or Potter
If they spent a small amount $ on that it should have paid great dividends , Im now wondering if its too late
He will get 1 year crack at the spot and Im sure Hook will ditch him if he doesnt start performing

His attack has improved this year
Defence very poor
Poisitional play poor
Bringing ball back poor
taking bombs very average
letting the ball bounce so much - big fail

A shit load to correct on a guy his age , this is Mary and Co fault

I have severe doubts he will survive in NRL

Maybe move Ramsey there half way thru year after more games under his belt

redv13

Bench
I m hoping he can or at least someone can

they should have had the kid mentored years ago by a a good and proper fullback ie Slater or Potter
If they spent a small amount $ on that it should have paid great dividends , Im now wondering if its too late
He will get 1 year crack at the spot and Im sure Hook will ditch him if he doesnt start performing

His attack has improved this year
Defence very poor
Poisitional play poor
Bringing ball back poor
taking bombs very average
letting the ball bounce so much - big fail

A shit load to correct on a guy his age , this is Mary and Co fault

I have severe doubts he will survive in NRL

Maybe move Ramsey there half way thru year after more games under his belt
Dufty for a few positives ( speed and try scoring ability) has way too many deficiencies. I can’t see anyone fixing this. It’s all attitude, stuff like letting bombs bounce every game, jogging the ball back from a kick or running sideways, refusal to put his body on the line by usually going for an intercept etc. Matty Bowen was smaller than Dufty but he had ticker and wouldn’t do half the silly things Dufty does every week

possm

Coach
Dufty for a few positives ( speed and try scoring ability) has way too many deficiencies. I can’t see anyone fixing this. It’s all attitude, stuff like letting bombs bounce every game, jogging the ball back from a kick or running sideways, refusal to put his body on the line by usually going for an intercept etc. Matty Bowen was smaller than Dufty but he had ticker and wouldn’t do half the silly things Dufty does every week
I think it would be much easier to turn him into a 6. Drop him to reserve grade and hire Johns to do this.

Mjab

Juniors
certainly been some great small FBs
slater wasnt big , Bowen as you mentioned and preston Campbell at times
as you said mindset probably not fixable in Duftys case

Sloth

Juniors
Dufty is roughly the same size as Luke Keary who plays in the front line and brings down the big boys that run at him all game. It is an attitude thing with Dufty, I believe he is afraid of putting his body on the line in defence, his carries have gotten a little better recently.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
certainly been some great small FBs
slater wasnt big , Bowen as you mentioned and preston Campbell at times
as you said mindset probably not fixable in Duftys case
It's a dilemma for Griffen for sure! Can Dufty amend his 'all round game' to meet first grade standards?; if the answer is no, then who should play there? Sounds like a lot of the forum that see the young stars in action still feel that they're not quite ready for the spotlight and pressure that fullback demands. So who plays there?

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Welch will not be signing with the Dragons. He's already knocked us back... Huge miss.
BUT..
Ofa is done.
Asiata a possibility, as is McGuire. All would be quality signings.

We need to stay the f**k away from Cartwright though.

TRVR
is that knocked back our initial offer OR knocked us back cold re Welch?

Latest posts