What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 19 vs Dragons @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 19: Knights v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight76

Juniors
S
I hope that Hoy kills it as does the team, what I really hope is that Lino is in extended bench and that coach will have a change of mind a day or more before game.

Coach wouldnt play that card on a nothing game like this one. Maybe save that for 1st or 2nd week of finals.

Jono078

Referee
This is an absolute must win game. Don’t care how we do it, but it’s a must win.

This is probably our full strength team for the rest of the year with the exception of Mann and potentially Best coming back in. If we don’t win this I think that’s confidence shattered and we don’t do anything in the finals.

Spot On

Coach
The halfback of the Roosters or Storm gets dropped and the next half back gets to partner Keary or Munster.

We drop Pearce and our next half back would partner Hoy/Mann /Lino = hiding to nothing. We dont just need another half , we need some depth in the position.

I meant the talk in the media. Seems as though it is continually danced around and one of the biggest issues with the team (Pearce) is ignored.

That said, I do not believe on current form, missing Pearce would be too detrimental to the performance of the team.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I meant the talk in the media. Seems as though it is continually danced around and the topic of one of the biggest issues with the team is ignored.
Oh yeh for sure. Junior has many friends in the media, he's a no go zone for criticism.

The talk had shifted from the Knights need a "running 5/8? " to Pearce needs someone to help him with kicking and organizing...."a calm voice " .

I dont think it's a form thing with him, I think it's an effort thing. That's what makes me pissed.

Knight Vision

First Grade
You're kidding right, trying too hard to make something happen is one of his problems.
Can never question his effort.
No I wasnt kidding, watch how differently he defends when he's on song and wants to play. It's one of my first go to signs if Pearce is going to have a good game or not- as they say defense is attitude. .

Maybe you're right though, running around aimlessly like a chook with his head cut off might sap his energy and why the word "calm" has been mentioned so many times with Green's arrival and with Cronk who replaced him at the chooks.

Maybe he's one of those panic type players and doesnt think well under pressure.

Yosh

Coach
Not crazy at all. He deserves to be dropped. He wouldnt be lining up for the Storm or Roosters based on his efforts, they would drop him.

Yeah... My sarcasm didn't come off to well in written form. He should have been dropped half a season ago. Let him have some time off and get it together, get over his knee or whatever injury problem he has and come back ready to rumble.

Pearce tries to over compensate for his lack of form and confidence. He's one of those players who is highly critical of himself. Mullen was the same.
I'd rather see Pearce just play a steady game.
What we need is someone out there to control the game. We can't afford that someone.
It's up to those we've got to direct the play. I've seen it where Ponga and even Sione would point to encourage us to go up the middle or to point to gaps out wide. If other players step up and are on the same page we'll do better. We need direction.

K-Man

Bench
My biggest issue with Pearce is that he hasn't evolved his game one iota despite his experience. A player like Benji adapted his game as he got older, focusing less on the fancy footwork and more on the ball playing control and creativity. Cronk won the Roosters a Grand Final just by knowing how to get the best out of all the other players in the team, without really even doing anything special himself.

Pearce has spent his entire career running around looking rushed and confused, taking poor options, grubbering into legs or over the dead ball line, putting up end-over-end chip bombs that are easy to catch and don't give the chasers a chance to contest for the ball, and generally panicking rather than slowing things down and taking sensible options.

He's got zero composure and it's probably the worst trait you can have in a halfback. But this isn't a form issue or a situation where he needs "help" from his other half. That's the stuff you say about young, inexperienced halves. He's at that age where all the downsides to his effort game are only getting worse.

Spot On

Coach
My biggest issue with Pearce is that he hasn't evolved his game one iota despite his experience. A player like Benji adapted his game as he got older, focusing less on the fancy footwork and more on the ball playing control and creativity. Cronk won the Roosters a Grand Final just by knowing how to get the best out of all the other players in the team, without really even doing anything special himself.

Pearce has spent his entire career running around looking rushed and confused, taking poor options, grubbering into legs or over the dead ball line, putting up end-over-end chip bombs that are easy to catch and don't give the chasers a chance to contest for the ball, and generally panicking rather than slowing things down and taking sensible options.

He's got zero composure and it's probably the worst trait you can have in a halfback. But this isn't a form issue or a situation where he needs "help" from his other half. That's the stuff you say about young, inexperienced halves. He's at that age where all the downsides to his effort game are only getting worse.

100% all of this.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
These Boys need to come out fired up!!! We have 6th place there for the taking with the Rabbits getting smashed

Latest posts