What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
I think he might only take an nrl gig as a starting fullback ... i dont think he has proven he can defend in the high traffic parts of a defensive line, so i doubt any team would risk him there ... and he hasnt shown a keenness for wing

Of course it depends on his desire to return to australia and whether any team wants to stump up cash

Gronk

Staff member
I think he might only take an nrl gig as a starting fullback ... i dont think he has proven he can defend in the high traffic parts of a defensive line, so i doubt any team would risk him there ... and he hasnt shown a keenness for wing

Of course it depends on his desire to return to australia and whether any team wants to stump up cash

Such a shame. Papenhuyzen, Corey Thompson, Alex Johnston, The Fox never get rag dolled and seem to hit the ball up just fine.

T-Boon

Coach
Swap Field for French? I'd support that. Not sure Bevan would though.

French is an entertainer.
There should be 2 or 3 positions on each team for players like him who are just attacking players and don't have to defend. Can sub-off in defense or whatever.

emjaycee

Coach
French is an entertainer.
There should be 2 or 3 positions on each team for players like him who are just attacking players and don't have to defend. Can sub-off in defense or whatever.
French and Field both bring something else we don't have enough of... raw speed.
Sure we have Drown and Moses and to a lesser extent Blake, but most of the good teams have at least one true speedster.

Happy MEel

First Grade
French and Field both bring something else we don't have enough of... raw speed.
Sure we have Drown and Moses and to a lesser extent Blake, but most of the good teams have at least one true speedster.
Drown has featured in the top 5 speeds recorded using Telstra’s GPS data On numerous occasions and punches out speeds of around 34-35km/hr. That’s up there with the best in the game so I’m not sure I agree with you on that. Who would you say is a flyer at the Roosters?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yep. Given the rise of Pappenhausen(sp) it makes me wonder what Bev may have become at Melbourne. I recall it was rumoured once upon a time. Very similar players. Id have Bev back in a heartbeat. Stains might be even better. Fastest Eel I ever saw was Dave Irvine circa 1967. OMG theres nothing like pure speed.

T-Boon

Coach
Yep. Given the rise of Pappenhausen(sp) it makes me wonder what Bev may have become at Melbourne. I recall it was rumoured once upon a time. Very similar players. Id have Bev back in a heartbeat. Stains might be even better. Fastest Eel I ever saw was Dave Irvine circa 1967. OMG theres nothing like pure speed.

What about Lee Oudenryn?

I guess he wasn't very football fast.

84 Baby

Referee
Drown has featured in the top 5 speeds recorded using Telstra’s GPS data On numerous occasions and punches out speeds of around 34-35km/hr. That’s up there with the best in the game so I’m not sure I agree with you on that. Who would you say is a flyer at the Roosters?
The Morii still have a decent turn of speed plus Tedesco

84 Baby

Referee
OMG theres nothing like pure speed.
Drugged-Up-Party-Goer-Rages-At-a-Wild-Rave-With-Crippling-Hand-Sign-Dance-Moves.gif