What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Choiboi

Juniors
Reports are Melbourne are chasing Campbell Graham from south's for Josh Ado Carr.

Uhhh... Are you guys sure JAC to the tigers are a done deal?

Garner hasn't kicked on, he's talented but for whatever reason he doesn't seem to be firing. If moving him on is for someone better I'm not against it.

Apparently we're after the young fella Simpkins from the Cowboys. Maybe that's why Garner is being moved on. We'll definitely need to replace him with another second rower as we are already short another quality one IMO.

Not upset about Tamou either. 2 years is reasonable for his age. He is currently outperforming all our forwards who he has 10 years on. Hopefully he is here in a leadership (read: captain,) capacity as well.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Reports are Melbourne are chasing Campbell Graham from south's for Josh Ado Carr.

Uhhh... Are you guys sure JAC to the tigers are a done deal?

Might just be coincidence, they all ready have about 10 starting outside backs, maybe they are just trying to get rid of some

Perth Tiger

Bench
Garner hasn't kicked on, he's talented but for whatever reason he doesn't seem to be firing. If moving him on is for someone better I'm not against it.

Apparently we're after the young fella Simpkins from the Cowboys. Maybe that's why Garner is being moved on. We'll definitely need to replace him with another second rower as we are already short another quality one IMO.

Not upset about Tamou either. 2 years is reasonable for his age. He is currently outperforming all our forwards who he has 10 years on. Hopefully he is here in a leadership (read: captain,) capacity as well.

Yeah I class Garner in the same mold as MCK and Eisenhuth. They are good squad players, ranked about 18-20 who you would expect them to be able to play about a dozen games a season and fill in and do a good job. But they don't have it in them to be consistent full timers.

Our problem is that we constantly have these types of players in our starting 17 or even 13 at full strength.

Glad we went 2 years with Tamou, he wont be a millstone around our necks if it doesn't work out as well as we hope like Packer and Reynolds have become. Apparently the size of the contract is pretty reasonable for us as well.

WA Tiger

Bench
I love these articles...of course Benji was the one they had to stop, he was the primary playmaker, and yes the primary playmaker usually has the most try assists. Now my guess if Benji was not there, Souths would have had to concentrated on Brooks or who ever played the role of playmaker.
Benji could probably do what he is doing now for another five years, but we would be playing a man down without the ball

I like them as well

Brooks isn’t a playmaker/ manager but as a half he should be as much as 6 (the “primary playmaker”) or thereabouts ...the opposition don’t have to concentrate on Brooks tho, they just laugh at him. Hes not in the top 50 in try assists. I think he’s on zero for the year. Is that acceptable for a half just because he’s a 7 and not a 6

and no, any playmaker at 6 doesn’t just happen to be top 2-3 in the NRL(especially not at the WT) or any where near that position in try assists ...obviously ....Only the very best attain that position, and only those in the better teams - unless you are something really special

A man down without the ball..Im not quite sure what that means. I’ll guess it’s another exaggeration to support a dodgy theory?

Again, who do I believe?

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
I like them as well

Brooks isn’t a playmaker/ manager but as a half he should be as much as a 6 or thereabouts ...the opposition don’t have to concentrate on him tho they just laugh at him .Hes not in the top 50 in try assists. I think he’s on zero for the year. Is that acceptable for a half just because he’s 7

and no any playmaker at 6 doesn’t just happen to be top 2-3 or any where near that position in try assists ...obviously ....Only the very best attain that position

A man down without the ball..Im not quite sure what that means. I’ll guess it’s another exaggeration to help confirm a dodgy theory?

Again who do I believe?

Let’s see how we go next year when Benji is not in the 17. At present I see everyone in the media telling us he is close to the best in the game, the same people who are bagging us for constantly coming up empty. Anyway have not seen him flooded with offers....wonder why

WA Tiger

Bench
Let’s see how we go next year when Benji is not in the 17. At present I see everyone in the media telling us he is close to the best in the game, the same people who are bagging us for constantly coming up empty. Anyway have not seen him flooded with offers....wonder why
I’m open to the idea that Benjis status in the game and aura or whatever you call it may be having a detrimental effect on the overall team performance and the focus of the coach ..I’m even open to seeing how his missed tackles, and his selfishness or whatever else has been written about him removed from the team might improve the team performance next year ..I think the club is banking on that....Looking at some of the posts tho eg Front Rowers usual drivel he keeps repeating about what happened 4 years ago and when I see how any old rag tag throw away line post can get support I get the feeling there’s less objectivity around Benjis contribution to games and nearly wins etc and more some deep seated resentment arrived at by just concentrating on his weaknesses and god knows what else .I also know how easy mob rule can get out of hand and the majority vote can skew reality somewhat when people start feeling pressure to conform..
As you say let’s see ..Brooks and Reynolds yea I am trying to be open minded about them being vastly improved next year without Benji but it’s hard, you understand
Anyway I’ve had 4 hours sleep. Back to bed and then back on the night shift
Good chat. I think I’ll side with Thurston and Cook for now.

Last edited:
Yeah I class Garner in the same mold as MCK and Eisenhuth. They are good squad players, ranked about 18-20 who you would expect them to be able to play about a dozen games a season and fill in and do a good job. But they don't have it in them to be consistent full timers.

Our problem is that we constantly have these types of players in our starting 17 or even 13 at full strength.

Glad we went 2 years with Tamou, he wont be a millstone around our necks if it doesn't work out as well as we hope like Packer and Reynolds have become. Apparently the size of the contract is pretty reasonable for us as well.

I think Garner has a bigger ceiling than either of those two. He is a great ball runner. He played well off of Brooks last year, moving to the right has hurt him a bit.

He is non-committal often in defence which is my big issue with him. Granted our whole right hand side has an issue and it doesn't help when you're defending next to a guy like Marshall who may as well not be there at all, but he's put in some very ordinary efforts himself.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
https://www.sen.com.au/programs/breakfast-with-joel-and-jimmy/

For those wondering about the JAC rumours check out the Lee Hagipantelis interview from SEN this week.

He says something to the effect of 'we're very comfortable with our position" with regards to Josh and then he asks Joel and Jimmy if he thinks JAC should play fullback and seems to encourage that.

This would indicate that he has agreed to terms with us but Melb are yet to release.

Consistent with this report also

https://t.co/EUuWSZ1ONU?amp=1

Melbourne are angling for Talau if you believe whats been posted elsewhere. I wonder why they don't just settle for Momirovski? They know what they are getting with him?

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I think Garner has a bigger ceiling than either of those two. He is a great ball runner. He played well off of Brooks last year, moving to the right has hurt him a bit.

He is non-committal often in defence which is my big issue with him. Granted our whole right hand side has an issue and it doesn't help when you're defending next to a guy like Marshall who may as well not be there at all, but he's put in some very ordinary efforts himself.

he should be back to the left next season outside brooks. As good as LL has been on that side I would be tempted to move him to 13. He's harder to tackle than he is mobile. He can get over the top of a small defender but might not burst through a gap like Garner does.

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.sen.com.au/programs/breakfast-with-joel-and-jimmy/

For those wondering about the JAC rumours check out the Lee Hagipantelis interview from SEN this week.

He says something to the effect of 'we're very comfortable with our position" with regards to Josh and then he asks Joel and Jimmy if he thinks JAC should play fullback and seems to encourage that.

This would indicate that he has agreed to terms with us but Melb are yet to release.

Consistent with this report also

https://t.co/EUuWSZ1ONU?amp=1

Melbourne are angling for Talau if you believe whats been posted elsewhere. I wonder why they don't just settle for Momirovski? They know what they are getting with him?
On Lee's comments, it was good to hear, but didn't he say similar re: LM?

he should be back to the left next season outside brooks. As good as LL has been on that side I would be tempted to move him to 13. He's harder to tackle than he is mobile. He can get over the top of a small defender but might not burst through a gap like Garner does.

Problem is Lucy plays 80, but it's not an effective 80.

Fordy20

Juniors
My info and it comes from a impeccable source, Manly started the ball rolling as they are light on for forwards next and Garner did not need much convincing that a change would be a good move. Anyway nothing signed but talks are well progressed

Garner is a starting edge forward here, but at Manly, he'd be behind both Sironen and Gosiewski. Although, more coin at a more successful club is bound to be attractive even if you have to battle the likes of Gosiewski and Ben Turbo for a startting spot.

stryker

First Grade
Well let’s be honest, when he left saints, with no other offer mind you bar their 1 year extension he had to beg Bennett for a gig. Then when he was left out or coming off the bench at the broncos he had to beg Clearly for a gig here.
That’s a slanted view of his late career.
I remember him staring for the Dragons, driving them to the finals and then almost winning the dally M. They did offer an extension however Bennet took him in to Brisbane where he came off the bench to eventually lead their finals charge to the QF.
The bloke doesn’t deserve the shit talk he cops from some Tigers fans.
He is easily our best player ever.

Choiboi

Juniors
OFFICIAL

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of forward James Tamou for the coming two seasons.

The two-year deal will see Tamou join Wests Tigers ahead of the 2021 NRL season and will remain with the club until the end of the 2022 season.

A Premiership-winner with North Queensland in 2015, the 31-year-old Tamou will join the club with a wealth of experience following his time at the Cowboys and Panthers, with the powerful prop currently boasting a 263-game career so far.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/09/18/wests-tigers-sign-james-tamou/

Latest posts