What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

maple_69

Bench
He’s sitting at 12th in metres amongst middles, has a 96% tackle rate and has evidently been a big part in continuing to develop the culture and attitude of the players around him. Would JFH and Yeo be (arguably) Top 5 middles in the game if he wasn’t at the club? Would Leniu and Leota be the reliable, low error middles they’ve been this year? If Tamou wasn’t at the club, the obvious choice for captain at the start of this year was probably Cleary and while we’ll never know, I am guessing he might not have become the form player of the comp with that added dynamic.

I’d put him in the same category as a few of the early Gus signings like Manu who were overpaid in terms of on field performance, but played a big role in transforming the culture of the club to a high performing, professional and positive environment. Without these guys we’d be the Tigers.

I think he’s done his job here and as others have said, Yeo, Fish, Cleary, Edwards look ready to take that role and continue to drive the standards within the squad.

betcats

Referee
I think he has been a great signing and he has handled his exit with class. Some guys might not of kept turning up and giving it all when it became clear they weren't going to the offer they wanted from their current club, and he is captain during a very successful year for us and there has been no drama and minimal speculation in the media.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I think he has been a great signing and he has handled his exit with class. Some guys might not of kept turning up and giving it all when it became clear they weren't going to the offer they wanted from their current club, and he is captain during a very successful year for us and there has been no drama and minimal speculation in the media.
This is the last time he'll see finals football. Easy to be motivated really

soc123_au

Staff member
I’d put him in the same category as a few of the early Gus signings like Manu who were overpaid in terms of on field performance, but played a big role in transforming the culture of the club to a high performing, professional and positive environment. Without these guys we’d be the Tigers.

This is how I see it. This year & last he has been what you want from someone on a big contract, but the off field stuff is where I think he has really earnt his pay

I reckon we should have Yeo as next years captain, with Fish as vice, nathan is too close to coach for the captaincy, and id prefer a foward leader, like chief harrigon or wayne peirce was for their respective teams, forwards dictate!
Plus it puts ownership on the captains challenge too, too many props this year saying they didn't knock on, we've been really good in that respect... its also why Tamou has been such a great captain for us recently, it'll also be a shame if the Tigers don't make him captain

Yeo is a must to be captain, but JFH isn’t talkative enough for a leadership position.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I don't think he had any option but to turn up and put in because his contract was up and he needed to impress other clubs.

WestyLife

First Grade
I agree with those saying Tamou's value has been shown off the field and his leadership. The one thing the media keeps saying is that we have the best pack this year and he'd be a big reason why.

betcats

Referee
I don't think he had any option but to turn up and put in because his contract was up and he needed to impress other clubs.

He could've turned up on the field and spat the dummy off it and stopped doing the little things behind the scenes that a good captain does, he could've easily bitched and moaned off the field and created problems and speculation in the media. He probably could have got a club to offer decent money to change this season. There are a million different things he could have done and still attract the interest of numerous clubs to offer him a two year deal.

I don't regard Jimmy as a guy who just puts in during a contract year at all.

Blade23

Juniors
This is how I see it. This year & last he has been what you want from someone on a big contract, but the off field stuff is where I think he has really earnt his pay

He did.
A lot of people don't see how his influence rubs off on the younger players. Coaches can only tell players so much, particularly young players. You need players like Tamou to teach them the rest.
Watching someone like Tamou prepare for matches, how to take care of yourself after matches, turn up to training early, stay after the session to do extra work. Do the hard work and don't cut corners. It rubs off on them.

On the field I have seen many times this year when things are getting a little heated Tamou is the one calming our boys down as a good captain should do. If you are not pulling your weight he will tell you.
Anyone can speak but it takes respect to actually listen.

He will be a loss.

John Hamblin

Juniors
With Josh AddoCarr wanting to sign with the Tiggers and the Storm wanting someone in return would they consider Josh Mansour. Josh has one year to run on his current contract and has apparently been told that if he can secure a longer term deal we wouldn't stand in his way.

With Josh AddoCarr wanting to sign with the Tiggers and the Storm wanting someone in return would they consider Josh Mansour. Josh has one year to run on his current contract and has apparently been told that if he can secure a longer term deal we wouldn't stand in his way.

Reckon that’d be a really smart move for Josh. But Bellamy tends to like speedsters on his wings, he doesn’t really use his wingers as meter eaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts