What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who to swap for JAC

possm

Coach
I'd like Saints to offer the Storm Dufty and Norman for JAC. About 1m dollars in cap for a 750k fullback.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You would, you're cut from the same cloth and both true scarlet Steeler fans.
He’s a Steeler? Good man..

But I was thinking more that both of us in our right minds would not consider swapping two spine players for one winger on $750k..

redv13

Bench
I'd like Saints to offer the Storm Dufty and Norman for JAC. About 1m dollars in cap for a 750k fullback.
Possm I love your daily enthusiasm on the forum but I see 3 problems here.
1: Norman is on 850 and I’ll say Dufty is on 300. That’s 1.15 million in exchange for JAC who WANTS 750 but is not worth that. I’d say 600 is more than fair. Big difference there. Bad move for us.
2: We are offloading 2 players for 1. Bad move for us.
3: Why would Bellamy want to release an Australian winger in exchange for a very ordinary 5/8 and an average FB?? Makes zero sense for them and $$$ wise no good for us

possm

Coach
Possm I love your daily enthusiasm on the forum but I see 3 problems here.
1: Norman is on 850 and I’ll say Dufty is on 300. That’s 1.15 million in exchange for JAC who WANTS 750 but is not worth that. I’d say 600 is more than fair. Big difference there. Bad move for us.
2: We are offloading 2 players for 1. Bad move for us.
3: Why would Bellamy want to release an Australian winger in exchange for a very ordinary 5/8 and an average FB?? Makes zero sense for them and $$$ wise no good for us
All contracts terminated and player managers work a contract at each club. So we have 1.2m off our books and bring on 750k. Great deal and we have a potential fullback who we know can bring the ball back strongly, who is very fast and who can catch a high ball.

be55

Juniors
The Storm have said they want a like for like player, so would have to be a winger.

The only way I could see this working is if they want for Saab plus some cash.
Mate Saab wouldn't want to go to Melbourne...he'd be too far away from Mummy and Daddy if he was living there...he needs a bedtime story,a kiss on the forehead and for them to tuck him in every night...

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Mate Saab wouldn't want to go to Melbourne...he'd be too far away from Mummy and Daddy if he was living there...he needs a bedtime story,a kiss on the forehead and for them to tuck him in every night...

Yeah mate I tend to agree.

Someone would have to convince him that being a winger in the Storm system would earn more $$$ in the short term with the accolades that come his way and that more $$$ = more time with Mummy and Daddy.

be55

Juniors
Yeah mate I tend to agree.

Someone would have to convince him that being a winger in the Storm system would earn more $$$ in the short term with the accolades that come his way and that more $$$ = more time with Mummy and Daddy.
Mate the word out of the dragons was that when we were trying to convince him to stay at the club he was constantly talking about the daily commute to Wollongong.The club tried to talk him into moving to the gong and he said he didn't want to move away from his Mum and Dad :rolleyes: kids these days, seriously some of them need to take a spoonful of cement and harden up.

Last edited: