What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addin Fonua Blake

denis preston

First Grade
If Mary was still our coach I could agree with you but with Griffin heading up our coaching staff I'm sure if there is a deal to be done and it in the best interest of the Club, he will do it.

AFB has a young family and his wife really wants a change. Yes the Warriors is an option but so is his junior club SGI. To make a deal stick, Hasler will have to take one of our players who he thinks may help fill some gaps over at Manly. So I would put a deal together swapping Norman and Saab for AFB.

Hasler being a marquee halfback in his day will know exactly what to do with Norman - a real challenge for Hasler. And it is clear he can see Value in Saab because he wanted to trade Garrick for him.
So we try to ditch a 850k non performing player that nobody else wants for a 850k player with more baggage and bad attitude and he is a front rower not in the spine ???

possm

Coach
So we try to ditch a 850k non performing player that nobody else wants for a 850k player with more baggage and bad attitude and he is a front rower not in the spine ???
They get to develop a speedster in Dufty.
Bellamy get's to get Norman back to the brilliant player he used to be.

Storm won't get a better deal, no one wants to get rid of their best outside backs for a more expensive outside back / fullback. JAC wants to play fullback so put him there during the off-season and tell him he has the first 4 games to prove he can handle it or else he goes to the wing.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
There is too much ambiguity in that.

Are you saying that channel 9, as broadcast partners didn’t realise what had happened & how it could easily have been corrected?

How could her bosses have realised it was wrong, not say anything and let a player do what he did in the stands?

It makes no sense.

Well Muz, it doesn't really matter what you and I think because it is now being reported that Manly have only agreed to him speaking to the Queensland clubs and the Warriors -ie the areas where he and his wife have family. He won't be coming to the Dragons.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Well Muz, it doesn't really matter what you and I think because it is now being reported that Manly have only agreed to him speaking to the Queensland clubs and the Warriors -ie the areas where he and his wife have family. He won't be coming to the Dragons.
It still matters what we both think..

Don’t let the an opposition player moving to Queensland affect us..

Mjab

Juniors
The only point here though Denis is that we would get more impact out of AFB than we get out Norman who has done sweet FA since coming here
Hey I just can’t stand the guy
He Is my new target now Mary ( and other coaching staff ) have left and Turnstile

SBD82

Coach
Next time I’ve having a poker night I’m inviting you over.

Bring cash.
Be careful.

You just know he’d be all in on the turn, suck out by catching a 3 outer on the river, and claim he played it well.

possm

Coach
The only point here though Denis is that we would get more impact out of AFB than we get out Norman who has done sweet FA since coming here
Hey I just can’t stand the guy
He Is my new target now Mary ( and other coaching staff ) have left and Turnstile
AFB is a good prop forward and just the prop that would greatly strengthen our soft forward pack. So I say, lose Norman and sign AFB then let the coaching staff take care of any percieved problems.

SAP58

Juniors
Gee $850k for a prop that is virtually guaranteed to give you problems on or off the field or both. I remember back in 2009 Bennett said he wouldn’t pay anymore than $350k for a prop. Justin Poore cane to him as the Eels had offered him $450k & reportedly Bennett said to him do you want the money or a premiership ring, he took the eels offer & the rest is history & Poore wasn’t really heard of again. There are grubs & there are GRUBS, I could live with McGuire but I could not live with AFB in our club.

possm

Coach
Gee $850k for a prop that is virtually guaranteed to give you problems on or off the field or both. I remember back in 2009 Bennett said he wouldn’t pay anymore than $350k for a prop. Justin Poore cane to him as the Eels had offered him $450k & reportedly Bennett said to him do you want the money or a premiership ring, he took the eels offer & the rest is history & Poore wasn’t really heard of again. There are grubs & there are GRUBS, I could live with McGuire but I could not live with AFB in our club.
Well I could live with AFB, McGuire and Panai Jr in our forward pack if they behaved on and off the field and they improved the operation of our forward pack.

I say let Police, the judiciary, community, relevant programs and the rules of the game take care of the behavioural stuff. Let our recruitment and coaching staff find the players who will deliver us a premiership.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well I could live with AFB, McGuire and Panai Jr in our forward pack if they behaved on and off the field and they improved the operation of our forward pack.

I say let Police, the judiciary, community, relevant programs and the rules of the game take care of the behavioural stuff. Let our recruitment and coaching staff find the players who will deliver us a premiership.

That indicates to me just how much the game has changed if players require minders of one type or another . More so if our attitude is ‘ He may have a problem or two but by jingos can’t he play football “ .

damoocow

Juniors
I like Erin Molan but she does suffer from foot in mouth disease- and her hooka looka mooka comment was incredibly obtuse for someone of her standing- and then she refused to apologise. She is over ten years older than Blake so if anyone should know how to speak and act in the media, it should be her. I'm with Blake on that one

More racist than foot in mouth.

possm

Coach
That indicates to me just how much the game has changed if players require minders of one type or another . More so if our attitude is ‘ He may have a problem or two but by jingos can’t he play football “ .
Yes you are right and it all comes down to the way players are paid these days. I would go back to:
A modest sign on fee
A modest monthly payment - salary
A big win bonus / payment for games won each round.

For those players aged under 21, a set salary with the remainder of funds paid to a trust fund which can't be touched until the player reaches the age of 21.

SAP58

Juniors
Yes you are right and it all comes down to the way players are paid these days. I would go back to:
A modest sign on fee

For those players aged under 21, a set salary with the remainder of funds paid to a trust fund which can't be touched until the player reaches the age of 21.
Totally agree but wont happen unfortunately.

jak

Bench
I'd rather we spend our money on some blokes with character, who give 100% every week, can stay out of trouble and wear the jersey with pride. Must be getting old.
walpole im your man i tick all your boxes, the wife just said the 100% every week is a bit of a stretch other than that im your man.

denis preston

First Grade
A modest sign on fee

Dreamin . Players would take it to court for restraint of trade. Or watch 50 of our best players go overseas or turn to rugby.

Walpole

Juniors
walpole im your man i tick all your boxes, the wife just said the 100% every week is a bit of a stretch other than that im your man.
Done. We'll give you three minutes off the bench next week and take it from there.

Reactions: jak