What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
Drown has featured in the top 5 speeds recorded using Telstra’s GPS data On numerous occasions and punches out speeds of around 34-35km/hr. That’s up there with the best in the game so I’m not sure I agree with you on that. Who would you say is a flyer at the Roosters?
Over a 80-100m dash though?
Moses is also pretty quick over the shorter distances but no one stands out in our team, despite GPS measurements.

Morris boys are still pretty quick.

84 Baby

Referee
80-100m times are not that important in rugby league compared to speed over 10-40m.
I think he was agreeing with that?
I think Drown is fast over distance but not very accelatory. He makes up a lot of difference because he’s constantly in motion.
Blake is probably the quickest all round. He just needs to really work on keeping his feet below him rather than skipping when he wants to step his defender.
And his tackling. That’s probably more important to work on
But on running, Dear Waqa please track down and watch these Jerry Rice training videos. The guy is the master of sports running technique

Noise

Coach
I think he was agreeing with that?
I think Drown is fast over distance but not very accelatory. He makes up a lot of difference because he’s constantly in motion.
Blake is probably the quickest all round. He just needs to really work on keeping his feet below him rather than skipping when he wants to step his defender.
And his tackling. That’s probably more important to work on
But on running, Dear Waqa please track down and watch these Jerry Rice training videos. The guy is the master of sports running technique
Yes but I am saying it doesn't really matter who is fast over 80-100m

T-Boon

Coach
Players speed over 100m,50m,20m should be common knowledge to the fans. The clubs would know that detail. It is just another example of the secrecy clubs at the expense of keeping fans informed.

Players speed over 100m,50m,20m should be common knowledge to the fans. The clubs would know that detail. It is just another example of the secrecy clubs at the expense of keeping fans informed.

Why stop at 100m? I'd like to know who is the best miler. Who could win the Doncaster / Epsom double? And I'm pretty pissed that the club won't tell me. I'd also like to know who can run 10 metres backwards fastest.

T-Boon

Coach
Why stop at 100m? I'd like to know who is the best miler. Who could win the Doncaster / Epsom double? And I'm pretty pissed that the club won't tell me. I'd also like to know who can run 10 metres backwards fastest.

Do you really want to know those thing or are you being a f**kwit?

strider

Post Whore
Drown has featured in the top 5 speeds recorded using Telstra’s GPS data On numerous occasions and punches out speeds of around 34-35km/hr. That’s up there with the best in the game so I’m not sure I agree with you on that. Who would you say is a flyer at the Roosters?
Almost as fast as Josh Papali

emjaycee

Coach
Yes but I am saying it doesn't really matter who is fast over 80-100m
It does if the opposition makes a break.... and they need to be chased down.

Ado-Carr scores a heap of long range tries from anything from 60-80m out and we had a bloke called Semi who would do this often too.

eels_fan

First Grade
MANLY POACH EELS ROOKIE

There are plenty of changes happening at Manly with a mooted trade deal now on the backburner and a “rookie” veteran expected to head to Manly.

Andrew Davey has again been rewarded with persistence with the Eels forward set to join the Sea Eagles next year.

Davey had to wait until he was 28 to make his top grade debut and did so for Parramatta earlier this year. He has shown enough in his six top grade games to come onto the attention of the Sea Eagles who are expected to land his signing. A swap deal between the Dragons for Jason Saab and Reuben Garrick is now moving towards the unlikely territory after Anthony Griffin was officially appointed Dragons coach.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/64cc9fa66e78f51ac561eba6d9c7ebd3

Latest posts