What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Dufty is contracted for next year, I don't see him being in Dragons colours after that unless there is a huge turn around defensively under Griffins coaching.

Ramsey will be a very good winger, fast and athletic and good under a high ball. Not tall but makes up for it in his agility and knows how to find the line.

Schiller, I believe, is our long term fullback moving into late 2021 and into 2022 and beyond. He should be on the DS list starting next year and able to play 1st grade when they are allowed to.

The big question is, what's doing with Ravalawa? Dropped for last 2 games, not even in the 21 team list. Very weird and seems there's more to it.

possm

Coach
i suspect he will be a doormat in defence though in the front line
Look what Bennett did with Soward and how Thomposn assisted him in defence. Dufty and T Sims can do the same. And wouldn't be great if Dufty could kick as well as Soward did.

Dragon David

First Grade
Isn’t it great gents to finally be excited about possible future signings for next year , knowing that we now have a coach who shall get the best out of his team . :blush:
We need official announcements to go with the excitement Gareth. The suspense is worse than the anticipated sacking of Mary.

draco

Juniors
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/64cc9fa66e78f51ac561eba6d9c7ebd3

A swap deal between the Dragons for Jason Saab and Reuben Garrick is now moving towards the unlikely territory after Anthony Griffin was officially appointed Dragons coach.

Talks between the two parties progressed significantly and both players were keen on the move but the deal seems like it’s off the table. This means Saab, who is contracted to the Dragons for another two years, will have to wait before making his Dragons exit.

NEW CLUB FOR DRAGON

Off-contract St George Illawarra back-rower Jacob Host has caught the attention of South Sydney. Host, 23, has had discussions with the Rabbitohs about joining the club next year. He was coached by South Sydney’s development coach Ben Hornby in the Dragons lower grades and came through St George Illawarra’s pathways program alongside South Sydney’s Hame Sale.

Mjab

Juniors
It's a dilemma for Griffen for sure! Can Dufty amend his 'all round game' to meet first grade standards?; if the answer is no, then who should play there? Sounds like a lot of the forum that see the young stars in action still feel that they're not quite ready for the spotlight and pressure that fullback demands. So who plays there?
Garrick ?
At least he has 2 years first grade then Cody after a few months experience in first grade

Dragon David

First Grade
Tell me about it D.D. - I have been waiting to have a bowel movement ever since the rumors about Ofahengaue started , but I am too afraid to visit the loo in case I miss anything ! :grimacing:
Bring the lap top into the loo with you Gareth and hopefully the movement will be easy. Hahaha!

Mjab

Juniors
So did the JAC deal with Tigers fall over ?
Also naufaoloma would be a good swap for storm I think

better than any shit we can swap
But if we could get him May well solve out FB issues

Old Timer

Coach
Host lacks mongrel.
Hes OK at best.
Cordner has no mongrel and he goes just fine.

Horses for courses and we need a hole running back rower and Host fits that bill.

The Sims brothers were supposed to provide the mongrel so maybe they should be the ones discussed seeing our forwards are soft?

Almost forgot to add that once upon a time our props were supposed to provide some mongrel how are props doing in that regard and you can include Graham and Merrin for all they were worth in that assessment.